Comment. Not a Thread. Delete at your will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guardog

You Dirty Dog
Reaction score
This is a comment. I don't care about replies.

I have been a CB's, Berries and Bulldogs man since the day of my birth 53 years ago, so I would say that I am qualified to express my comments without fear or favour.

I have earned that right.

With the ladder looking good for us prior to kick off today, one would have thought that a loss prior to the bye would have been the catalyst for change and a little bit of entertainment.

What I got today was a rabble, pure and simple. A rabble in discipline. We had no imagination in attack. We wouldn't have been a threat to Doonside Under 7's. No respect for the ball. No respect for the opposition. Again we were the BITCH to a rushing defence. Newcastle OWNED us today... totally. We DO NOT HAVE THE POWER TO CONTROL A GAME OF FOOTBALL. PERIOD.

This side CANNOT win this competition. For mine, I have waited for Tony Williams to be my saviour. I now know that I was wrong. He is my biggest disappointment. I am afraid that Tony's best years are behind him.

Benny Barba has given me some great moments to remember. I am now of the opinion that he will never ever reach those great heights of 2012. No matter who he plays for. If he was to sign for another team tomorrow, I would thank him for his service and remember all that was great about him. I would let him go, and eventually I would get over it.

My disappointment today is immense. I have reach the end of my tether in our poor performances this season. A season I earmarked as being one of our greatest ever.

WHERE IS THAT BULLDOG SPIRIT. IT IS GONE, AND I REALLY THINK IT MAY BE GONE FOR SOME TIME.

For those who hold out a Premiership this year, I admire your courage. But for me, today was the last straw. We have a roster that is the envy of the league, but not the game. I watch day in day out a Melbourne Storm team with a pack of nobodies (no disrespect), and I watch their game with envy. We have the team to match that, but not the will, not the desire, not the courage.

I am and always will be a Bulldogs man. My money is spent year in and year out showing my support. But there has to be time when you have to smack your kids. And today, this is my time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
Well said..Last year was, as the old saying goes, "Even the sun shines on a bulldogs ass sometimes"..

Are you watching the South vs. Warriors game...oh how I envy those supports, the best in the comp vs. the most exciting in the comp..WE HAVE NOTHING.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
I remember after the dragons game, I thought we were no shot at the title. Their attitude is just not there and hasn't been all year.
Its not over yet but we are just lacking the leadership out there and also a key playmaker to trouble the better sides.

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with all that you said guarddog..
Des, should be snaking his kids this week...

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Benny Barba has given me some great moments to remember. I am now of the opinion that he will never ever reach those great heights of 2012. No matter who he plays for. If he was to sign for another team tomorrow, I would thank him for his service and remember all that was great about him. I would let him go, and eventually I would get over it.

I do not get this. You have supported the dogs for 50 odd years you would have seen some champion players have great seasons and not so great seasons. Barba had a perfect 2012 and 2013 has not been as good so you are just prepared to write him off for the remaining 10 years of his career saying 2012 will be his highlight. You say the spirit of the bulldogs is dead and a with a mentality like that I am not surprised you feel that way

crack

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Well said mate! I was looking at the ladder and our position 3 weeks ago and was getting excited with the prospect of launching up the ladder, but wat has been dished out instead has knocked all confidence and enjoyment out of this year, this team is underachieving and has no discipline.Tony Williams was a wrecking ball last year WTF happend??? Is he being told to stand soo flat. Look forward to next year ....

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Well said!

Guardog

You Dirty Dog
Reaction score
I do not get this. You have supported the dogs for 50 odd years you would have seen some champion players have great seasons and not so great seasons. Barba had a perfect 2012 and 2013 has not been as good so you are just prepared to write him off for the remaining 10 years of his career saying 2012 will be his highlight. You say the spirit of the bulldogs is dead and a with a mentality like that I am not surprised you feel that way
As I said big Fella, I comment without fear or favour. I watch a Nigel Vagana play for the Warriors, he was good. He came to the Bulldogs and was Great. Mark O'Meley came as a raw recruit... he left the Bulldogs having played his greatest years for us. I can go on and on about those players who came in and played their best years for our club. Paul Dunn was another. Chris Mortimer was a great player for us, he learnt his skills here, but went to the Panthers and became one of their best. My comments on Barba extend to a number of observations. He is now heavily marked. Look at last year. How many try saving tackles did he come up with. By this time last season, he had saved as many tries as he scored. This year, that feat has been missing in spades. I can't remember him saving one try. I fact, you have to agree that some attempts at defence as the last line have been poor to say the least.

Don't get me wrong. Barba is one of my fav's. But the best is behind him. Mentally, he is missing that spark. I will also rely on Glen Stewart from Manly. He was brilliant. Ran into off field drama and he has never really recovered. Experience here guides my comments. As I said... my disappoint today is immense.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I haven't given up hope that we'll turn things round yet, but the team gave themselves big shoes to fill last year and so far they're having trouble filling them. I don't know if the team was feeding off confidence last year but his year they've just never looked as determined until they have too little time left to do much. I'll hold out some hope until we're officially out of the race but my expectations have been lowered dramatically.

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
Lots of players like this - Ewan Mcgrady comes to mind, it happens to the best of them.

I am praying they all start to click again but I fear there is still disunity in the side and until the cause of it is removed we'll be just going through the motions each week. Something about the body language of the players is not right.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No way will this thread be deleted ! It should be sent to the club and stapled to t-rex's ass !!

Guardog

You Dirty Dog
Reaction score
And Please.... don't get me started on their kicking game. I know the wind was a problem... but please..........

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Well said mate.

I'm not sure what's up with these players but just look lost and Barba feeding off his negativity across the team.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
I still think we can secure a top 8 spot but in all honesty our lack of effort, discipline and creativity has led us to be where we are. Next week will truly test whether or not we deserve to be in the finals this year. What we have going for us is the fact that origin is around the corner and we really shouldn't be affected by selection and we will need to take advantage of melbourne having players involved.

adamski007

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Time for Dessie to come down hard, drop T-rex & letting Barba go would be a good start, then go back to the very basics - seriously they are trying to hard with stupid decisions and plays through out the whole game, no plan - seems just made up at the moment and tbh honest they are their own worst enemy.

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I just don't understand how we've gone from beating a top 4 side in Manly at Brookevale a couple of weeks ago to now being a side that looks disinterested and not even close to being top 4 material. You don't win at Brookevale unless you REALLY want to - So what changed from that game to what we're seeing now? The only thing I can think of is that we thought everything was going to be given to us on a platter.

I'm still rediculously frustrated after today's game to be honest. Just knowing how important this game was - and even with the high importance and the luxury of having a BYE the week before, we throw that effort.

I can't see us improving either.

FattyMcLarge

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I like to remain positive. However after the game today, I thought we should of been beaten by 20+. Did what Ben do shake the team to the foundation at the begining of the season? Because the team don't support one another on the field like they did last year. The skipper needs to ensure disciplin. We don't have either a true skipper or disciplin right now

Status
Not open for further replies.