Trent Hodkinsons goalkicking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Either or.

Hodko is doing well so why take it off him.

Inu does has more power though.

They could swap when they have off days.
Hodco as goal kicker, Inu as line drop out man... his line dropouts go at least 50M minimum, Hodco will not get that far with line drop outs.
Anyone else agree???

ninja_h

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We've got to keep him man. Love Inu, but how often do we get such an excellent consistent goalkicker?
Please, please please pleeeease keep Hogko.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We've got to keep him man. Love Inu, but how often do we get such an excellent consistent goalkicker?
Please, please please pleeeease keep Hogko.
He has a very simple action, short run up and gets it over. See how he goes. It's only early in his kicking career. I noticed the commentators said he took the ball back a fair way (which makes the angle easier for a straight kicker).

It may be something that works for him. I know he has had mixed success in the past. If he retains the kicking duties long term hope he keeps up an 80% success rate.

With kickers it's easy to find bad form. But he got 4/4 at a venue hazel struggled at (I think hazem got 3/6 or something similar for Australia there once) so not an easy venue to kick at.

DogsFan4Life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He has a very simple action, short run up and gets it over. See how he goes. It's only early in his kicking career. I noticed the commentators said he took the ball back a fair way (which makes the angle easier for a straight kicker).

It may be something that works for him. I know he has had mixed success in the past. If he retains the kicking duties long term hope he keeps up an 80% success rate.

With kickers it's easy to find bad form. But he got 4/4 at a venue hazel struggled at (I think hazem got 3/6 or something similar for Australia there once) so not an easy venue to kick at.
It was a bad day to kick that day , the weather was apalling.
Relax he's not better than hazem lol

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Bro I was alright in Maths back in High school. I got a band 5 for HSC 2U maths.

*In b4 TG says I'm a dumb ass and I am worthless to society*
Maybe you are a dumb ass and worthless to society, and know maths. :p

Tails

Waterboy
Reaction score
Was the reason broncos lost the other day. They should have won by 7 instead of losing by 1.

I would be happy with a kicker who converts 4/5. Anything more then that and you are spoilt by a superboot. Always knew hodko was a decent kicker but he really surprised me the last few week. He kicked 7/7 in a qld cup final a few years ago. Also got 2/3 in a city origin game. Was just never given an opportunity in first grade. Wonder what his record is like in nsw cup. Don't think it was up at 90% he seemed to miss a few.
Just to correct you he got 3/3 in the City Origin and kicked 29/33 in NSW cup this year. Never got an opportunity when he came to Dogs as Goodwin was no.1 choice back then and Turner was backup. Good to see him get his opportunity now tho. I know this cause I've followed him closely and what has impressed me the most with this kid is that he has sat patiently waiting his opportunity without whining. All the best to him.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
The bloke is a legend, do we have another Hazem in the making, gee he is on song in the goal kicking department, all we need is for him to practice some diagonal grubbers into goal in general play.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just to correct you he got 3/3 in the City Origin and kicked 29/33 in NSW cup this year. Never got an opportunity when he came to Dogs as Goodwin was no.1 choice back then and Turner was backup. Good to see him get his opportunity now tho. I know this cause I've followed him closely and what has impressed me the most with this kid is that he has sat patiently waiting his opportunity without whining. All the best to him.
Oh wow that is impressive. Definitely sounds like a superboot. Thanks for that info.

Hadn't really seem him kick much so definitely surprising he has been kicking so well (around 90% or so with 60+ conversions this season)

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
4/4 again tonight, although all were pretty simple efforts he didn't even look like missing. Is that 20/21?

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
4/4 again tonight, although all were pretty simple efforts he didn't even look like missing. Is that 20/21?
Yes, he has been exceptional with his goal kicking I think he is in the 90%'s for the year in 1st grade, correct me if I am wrong.

I'd choose Hodko over Inu the way he is kicking at the moment.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Simple technique that's effective.

He kicks them straight with no hook so he is suited to both sides of the field.

Edroy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
El Hodko's goal kicking has been a fun feature of the game and bonus lately. Hopefully he keeps the job for the rest of the season and keeps up the high percentage. He's doing better than Goodwin or Inu when they got the job and they were pretty good.

it's uncanny how we keep finding excellent goal kickers, whilst some teams haven't had a good one for ages, eg: Brisbane.

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, he has been exceptional with his goal kicking I think he is in the 90%'s for the year in 1st grade, correct me if I am wrong.

I'd choose Hodko over Inu the way he is kicking at the moment.
Forget Hodkos goal kicking - how good is that rack on Tonee's profile pic? :grinning:

Status
Not open for further replies.