Who's your favourite non Bulldogs player of the modern era?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DogsFan4Life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Easy way to put it ,WHICH PLAYER WOULD YOU HAVE IN OUR TEAM ,that will improve us dramatically ??
My answer SBW -his a workhorse and lifts his team dramatically every other position we have covered if every player was at there best .that being said I would replace him over T. rex starting spot and get rid of halatau

H

hazem_elmasri

Galen, Todd carney, Michael Gordon, Jamie soward, darius boyd, nightingale and inglis and slater

B

bulldogs_fan_69

Would have to say Darren Lockyer. Close second is Danny Buderus

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Andrew Johns. I loved watching him play. The greatest player I have seen, but I love watching Inglis play also. The guy is just a freak. His fend gives me wood.

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Again, this is going to be an unpopular opinion on here, but I have massive respect for Nathan Hindmarsh.

He was a one club man at the most dysfunctional and ineptly run operation in the league. My respect for him grew and grew as the club imploded. The abiding image of his final year was Barba's 100m effort against the Eels at Homebush. [video=youtube;ykaR389XKV0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykaR389XKV0[/video]

Barba picked the ball up on his own goalline and easily sidestepped (the criminallly overpaid) Sandow. As he set off downfield, Sandow slowly turned and barely jogged back in pursuit. Hayne pathetically got his angles all wrong 50m downfield. Who was the last guy in the shot, who actually busted his ass chasing a lost cause on the off chance that the Dogs bombed the try? Hindy. Countless times in the Kearney era, you'd see the team visibly give up chases when they were losing. Time and time again, Hindy would give his all. 9/10 it was in vain, as an aging backrower's backtracking attempts usually will be, but they guy loved the club and the cause more than the rest of his teammates put together and it showed.

People will disagree, but I'd love a figure like that at my club.

(Yes, I remember Ennis being sinbinned for effectively sledging him the year before).

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Michael luck, hes a local junior who made it to the nrl not a bad effort from a small country town

Big_Dawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andrew Johns. I loved watching him play. The greatest player I have seen, but I love watching Inglis play also. The guy is just a freak. His fend gives me wood.
Just go home to ur burrow

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Greg Bird has been another player and Shaun Johnson is also in the mix!

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
John Skandalis .... by the length of a Minto cul-de-sac.

Bitemarks

mmm tasty ear
Reaction score
Again, this is going to be an unpopular opinion on here, but I have massive respect for Nathan Hindmarsh.

He was a one club man at the most dysfunctional and ineptly run operation in the league. My respect for him grew and grew as the club imploded. The abiding image of his final year was Barba's 100m effort against the Eels at Homebush. [video=youtube;ykaR389XKV0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykaR389XKV0[/video]

Barba picked the ball up on his own goalline and easily sidestepped (the criminallly overpaid) Sandow. As he set off downfield, Sandow slowly turned and barely jogged back in pursuit. Hayne pathetically got his angles all wrong 50m downfield. Who was the last guy in the shot, who actually busted his ass chasing a lost cause on the off chance that the Dogs bombed the try? Hindy. Countless times in the Kearney era, you'd see the team visibly give up chases when they were losing. Time and time again, Hindy would give his all. 9/10 it was in vain, as an aging backrower's backtracking attempts usually will be, but they guy loved the club and the cause more than the rest of his teammates put together and it showed.

People will disagree, but I'd love a figure like that at my club.

(Yes, I remember Ennis being sinbinned for effectively sledging him the year before).

Have to agree with you. absolute league legend.

Status
Not open for further replies.