What was wrong with Ben tonite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markb

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
At the end if the game he was straight up tunnel by himself. Didn't look happy. Didn't acknowledge the crowd? Didn't stay on the field with the rest of the team

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Let start another rumour...LOL

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
At the end if the game he was straight up tunnel by himself. Didn't look happy. Didn't acknowledge the crowd? Didn't stay on the field with the rest of the team
could of been pissed about his performance

Markb

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Not out to start rumour just worried at what I saw. In sure I wasn't the only one to notice

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not out to start rumour just worried at what I saw. In sure I wasn't the only one to notice
was he any different last week.. dont think so

He is not mentally there as yet.... thats how i see it

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
To me it looked like he was struggling with a leg injury...

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He seems Ok from what I've seen on tv so far. Celebrating tries with the boys and smiling and trying to get involved. He'll get there. Probably just a bit frustrated that he's not dominating like last year

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He might have been busting to go to the toilet.... He was celebrating with the players after every try and was disappointed when he stuffed a few opportunities...wouldn't be worried about it.

Wyzguy

Bulldog Tragic
Reaction score
I think he is not mentally present on these games ... To score 40 PTs and have no try scored by Ben is not normal.
Glad we are back - kas and bupa make a big impact and lafai is really impressive on attack and defence!!

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Barba made one break all night tbh he's just not mentally focused on footy at the moment, that and i do think he needed Graham and Kas back for him to get into form. The past few weeks i've noticed him lurking near our forwards but Taupau, Klemmer and Tolman tend not to pass nor offload

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
Yeah not himself just yet . Im wondering if his partner packed up the kids and headed back to Mackay ?

Big_Dawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's gettin there he's always backin up waiting for the offload which he got off Tolman

Goz

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am it the point where he's starting ti disappoint me and hes hurting the team

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
and you gauged this by what? Channel 9's camera coverage?

He was lurking around looking for offloads all night, and a few times looked dangerous. Made a nice break at the end of the game, and goaline defence was excellent.

Benny's just finding his form again that's all.

People expect due to his breakout seaosn last year that he'll tear up every game. It's not that simple when teams are made aware of your skills, and therefore mark you much more heavily.

Last year Barba was unstoppable because he was much an unknown at Fullback. This year teams are looking for him lurking.

Even Sterlo said tonight that Barba is showing promising signs, he just needs a few more games.

People need to stop writing the guy off.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
For Ben to need to spend time at a rehabilitation centre is proof in itself that mentally and emotionally he was in a bad way. And to be honest I think he is still in recovery mode re his personal life. This in itself would impact somewhat on his life at the Bulldogs.

But tonight's game just didn't seem to suit Ben as we know him. The forwards just hit it straight up and the backs were mostly throwing the ball wide when they had it. There were none of the sneaky offloads from Bupa and Kas, after all it was their first match back after a long spell. However, I think a little time and the repetition of the better type of football the team has played the last two weeks will benefit Ben and the rest of the team as well.

After all, looking at the way we played against the Roosters, we would have been beaten by the BYE on that weekend.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give the poor bloke a break. He's trying his arse off. Been glimpses of his best and he's always sniffing around. He had a lot of issues that he's working through. Tonight we got 7 tries, jus wait til Barba clicks into gear and fires up. He's getting better each week and I feel he's going to explode sooner rather then later!

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He might have ahd some drama with his finger. He looked like he jammed his sore one when the Tigers scored.

Status
Not open for further replies.