Newtown, CT elementary school shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
It's not the gun laws that are the problem. Obviously it's a huge factor, but if someone is that mental that they'd want to go out and shoot a few dozen people, then they're gunna have no problem with illegally acquiring a gun. Even here in Australia, anyone can get a firearm, it's not so hard; heck if I wanted one, I could probably have it within a week. Ofcourse the law is preventing me, but tell me, what does a psychopath who's just shot his own mother, 20 kids, and 7 other people, as well as himself, have to fear from the law?

The problem lies in the culture that's ingrained in people from a young age. Especially in the US, violence is a normal thing. If you've got a tree that's bugging you, you pull it out from the roots, you don't just chop off the uppermost leaves. Same with 'banning' guns, it won't do anything. You have to deal with the problem from its roots.
but gun laws are at the root of the violence

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
btw i love retard americans who say you arent allowed to change the constitution to protect a law that wouldn't have got in if you arent allowed to change the constitution

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I don't agree with gun control, but fact is.. nobody NEEDS a semi auto weapon.

You kill far more people with a semi auto mowing through 30 rounds than a bolt action rifle.

If the NRA want to show some balls on this THEY, on behalf of all responsible gun owners in the USA, need to go to the government with a reasonable and well formulated plan whereby THEY assist to make America a safer place, AND can enjoy the use of weapons at the same time.

If it comes from them more people will accept and back the plan.

the_crusader

I'm a big blob of LARD
Reaction score
I don't agree with gun control, but fact is.. nobody NEEDS a semi auto weapon.

You kill far more people with a semi auto mowing through 30 rounds than a bolt action rifle.

If the NRA want to show some balls on this THEY, on behalf of all responsible gun owners in the USA, need to go to the government with a reasonable and well formulated plan whereby THEY assist to make America a safer place, AND can enjoy the use of weapons at the same time.

If it comes from them more people will accept and back the plan.
America can get some idea from Australia in regards to gun control

SoulCrusher

Banned
Reaction score
lets just ban the things that can only exists to spray x amount of bullets into a direction or to give someone the possibility to spray x amounts of bullets, and by x i mean plenty

you must be a retard to talk about knives and rocks, knives and other sharp things are required to cut things for example meat, and rocks are natural so its hard to ban them

most importantly guns make it very easy to produce this sort of damage, i dont know how the guy in china was able to stab without interuption but even he wasnt able to kill anyone
Guns also make it incredibly easy to stop this sort of damage. Average number of victims of mass shootings when stopped by cops; 18.5, when stopped by civillians 2.2

The problem isn't guns, look at Switzerland and Canada, they've got a sh*tload of guns and don't have nearly as much gun violence. The problem is America, for reason they prodeuce alot of people who lead pathetic impotent lives and then try to immortalise themselves through a dramatic act of brutallity.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
The problem isn't guns, look at Switzerland and Canada, they've got a sh*tload of guns and don't have nearly as much gun violence. The problem is America, for reason they prodeuce alot of people who lead pathetic impotent lives and then try to immortalise themselves through a dramatic act of brutallity.
ok so if americans are the problem, getting rid of their guns is the solution

average number of victims of mass shootings when stopped by citizens: 2.2

average number of victims of mass shooting when the shooter doesnt have a gun: 0.0

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Apparently the gun lobby has come out and said that this could all have been prevented if the teachers had had guns in their classrooms. What absolute muppets as if having teachers with guns in their classrooms is not a recipe for disaster. Such poor taste from them

SoulCrusher

Banned
Reaction score
ok so if americans are the problem, getting rid of their guns is the solution

average number of victims of mass shootings when stopped by citizens: 2.2

average number of victims of mass shooting when the shooter doesnt have a gun: 0.0
Why don't you understand that guns are only a tool? There are many other weapons that can be used for mass killing; bow and arrow, sword, home-made bomb (suprisingly easy to make), sling-shot, cross-bow etc.

Also you assume that making guns illegal would actually take them out of criminals hands. Last I checked, killing twenty kids is illegal and it didn't stop adam lanza anyway. Criminals don't obey the law, that's what makes them criminals

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
so do you think everything should be available for the public

tanks, missiles, biological weapons, grenades, fighter jets and artillery?

these things are only a tool as well, and if teachers had a grenade or rocket launcher there would be classroom discipline, 100% homework achieved and maybe an 85% truency rate

the truth is this guy that did the shooting had guns in his house, his fantasy of killing people might have grown simply because he had easy access to the gun

if the culture changed so that he would have had to go through a whole difficult process to obtain the guns then that fantasy might not have developed

for example an unstable loner guy in australia probably doesnt know how to buy illegal weapons so then he plays gta instead

also i think anyone who wants to own non hunting guns is unstable anyway, its sort of like someone building a bomb shelter for the apocalypse

The-Game

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a tragedy, kill yourself don't take the lives of innocent children. And honestly it's so disrespectful to the victims when these news channels report their pathetic stories claiming 'mental health issues' and 'deeply disturbed young boy' it's why I don't watch the non Aussie news shows. You'll never be able to ban guns or stop people owning them, but if they put laws or other things in place so guns weren't so readily available, so many of these cowards wouldn't have them. Yes it's not hard to get access to a firearm, but if laws made it much harder and there were tougher penaltys in place, less people would have them.

The-Game

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why don't you understand that guns are only a tool? There are many other weapons that can be used for mass killing; bow and arrow, sword, home-made bomb (suprisingly easy to make), sling-shot, cross-bow etc.

Also you assume that making guns illegal would actually take them out of criminals hands. Last I checked, killing twenty kids is illegal and it didn't stop adam lanza anyway. Criminals don't obey the law, that's what makes them criminals
Not to rain on your parade, but seriously? a bow and arrow, sword, slingshot or crow-bow is not gonna cause anwhere near as much carnage as firearms do. Yeah they'er still dangerous weapons capable of causing caos, but there not in league with guns.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
btw in the decade up to port arthur we had 11 mass shootings and none have happened since

an inconvenient truth for soulcrusher

john howard, excellent leadership went in there and took care of business

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Not to rain on your parade, but seriously? a bow and arrow, sword, slingshot or crow-bow is not gonna cause anwhere near as much carnage as firearms do. Yeah they'er still dangerous weapons capable of causing caos, but there not in league with guns.
absolutely, with those weapons you can only focus on one victim at a time giving everyone else a chance to run away

technically a car is a more deadly weapon

SoulCrusher

Banned
Reaction score
btw in the decade up to port arthur we had 11 mass shootings and none have happened since
Apples and Oranges. There are already too many firearms in the US for a gun ban to be even remotely affective, not to mention the borders with Canada and Mexico make importing firearms easy as piss.

SoulCrusher

Banned
Reaction score
FFS how do guns cause carnage? Please explain how an inanimate object causes chaos. Stop blaming objects for the terrorists that use them.

SoulCrusher

Banned
Reaction score
so do you think everything should be available for the public

tanks, missiles, biological weapons, grenades, fighter jets and artillery?

these things are only a tool as well, and if teachers had a grenade or rocket launcher there would be classroom discipline, 100% homework achieved and maybe an 85% truency rate

the truth is this guy that did the shooting had guns in his house, his fantasy of killing people might have grown simply because he had easy access to the gun

if the culture changed so that he would have had to go through a whole difficult process to obtain the guns then that fantasy might not have developed

for example an unstable loner guy in australia probably doesnt know how to buy illegal weapons so then he plays gta instead

also i think anyone who wants to own non hunting guns is unstable anyway, its sort of like someone building a bomb shelter for the apocalypse
-Who on earth would make tanks, fighter jets, etc available to the public? That is a stupid idea, no private citizen would buy them. I do not think there should be laws preventing it however, as the market would effectively solve it.

-Why would a teacher have a grenade? Stop attacking straw men.

-I love it how you start a sentence with "the truth is" and then make conjecture about how his idea for murder incubated.

-I agree that a cultural shift about attitudes towards guns and violence would be good, I don't think that putting in prison any peacful gun-owner is good idea or at all morally acceptable.

- I disagree that people who own fire-arms are unstable, have you ever shot a gun? Incredibly fun, it's like an awesome version of darts.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
FFS how do guns cause carnage? Please explain how an inanimate object causes chaos. Stop blaming objects for the terrorists that use them.
this isnt about blame its about prevention

i noticed you had no answer to my question about making everything legal, ill assume my point is taken

The-Game

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I'm not even gonna argue the with you, your missing the point, it's not that it takes a 'terrorist' evil person to fire it, what people are saying is, when some as5hole sets out with killing people on their mind, a gun is the first choice of weapon as it causes much more carnage, apart from suicide bombers.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
-Who on earth would make tanks, fighter jets, etc available to the public? That is a stupid idea, no private citizen would buy them. I do not think there should be laws preventing it however, as the market would effectively solve it.

-Why would a teacher have a grenade? Stop attacking straw men.

-I love it how you start a sentence with "the truth is" and then make conjecture about how his idea for murder incubated.

-I agree that a cultural shift about attitudes towards guns and violence would be good, I don't think that putting in prison any peacful gun-owner is good idea or at all morally acceptable.

- I disagree that people who own fire-arms are unstable, have you ever shot a gun? Incredibly fun, it's like an awesome version of darts.
you have proven you are a nutcase if you think there should be no restrictions on anything, so a multi billionaire could put together a team to develope nuclear weapons in your world

SoulCrusher

Banned
Reaction score
you have proven you are a nutcase if you think there should be no restrictions on anything, so a multi billionaire could put together a team to develope nuclear weapons in your world
Multi-billion dollar enterprises do this regularly; USA, Russia, China, India, Pakistan etc. why is this different? I don't like that it happens, but does the fact that he owns nukes give me or anyone the right to lock up Obama? NO! He hasn't comitted a crime so punishing a person for a crime they have'nt commited is ridiculous.

Murder is a crime, conspiracy to commit murder is a crime. There is absolutely no need to add further laws.

Status
Not open for further replies.