What's toovs gonna say this presser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Where is the press conference? Has someone got a link?

Did Tooves head explode, implode or pop like a pimple?

Line Break

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
"If there was a 10m sprint in the Olympics there'd be a couple of gold medallists out there."

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
"The refs didn't score the tries for us! What's the point giving us fresh sets of six right in front of the line off dubious calls if they're not gonna get us over the line as well!.. & Keating was offside when he scored off his own kick!, He was in front of himself!!!! How did no one else see that!!!!!!!!!"
Maybe it was an obstruction, he prevented the defender from tackling himself.

MosDef

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Did anyone notice the obstructions they ran on our line?
Yes down our left side with matai twice. Refs didn't pick up on it at all. Or Barba being held back in the run to support Morris for his try.

rogueflare

popeye
Reaction score
I cannot believe that this made it as a newspaper article. It is almost as horrid as Manly's efforts at beating us.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Something else to whinge about.

Toovey raised the issue after Manly's heartbreaking 16-10 defeat last night. As he put it: "I thought we were playing back in the five-metre rule. They were very quick off the line. I probably should have realised it was semi-final football and they put their whistles away."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...ust-have-a-point/story-e6frext9-1226467731475
Manly got 5 penalties to our 3 and a few against us were bad calls. He cant complain too hard. Manly burnt a lot of fuel being so intense in the first half and couldnt keep it at that level. They had been doing this against weaker sides recently and getting away with it. We didnt let them score enough in the first half for that to work tonight.

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just watching the last few seconds of the game again now I'm home.

Manly gave away zero penalties in the second half? Seriously.

Also, the penalty against Inu with 79:00 on the clock was given for standing square at marker and then knocking the ball loose when the only man in the tackle. Did Ashley Klein have money on golden point or something? Not even a remotely defensible decision.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Something else to whinge about.

Toovey raised the issue after Manly's heartbreaking 16-10 defeat last night. As he put it: "I thought we were playing back in the five-metre rule. They were very quick off the line. I probably should have realised it was semi-final football and they put their whistles away."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...ust-have-a-point/story-e6frext9-1226467731475
seems to get more pathetic everytime waterboy says something...the end of the day we were the better team and we got the job done...just love how he tries to blame everyone else for the loss barring the team

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
"We just ran out of petrol at the end, we lost a couple of players and ran out of petrol," he said.

"I thought our defence was really good, it was hard in attack missing Jamie but I thought we were playing back in the five metre rule at one stage.

"They were very quick off the line let's just say that.

"I thought it was ridiculous to tell you the truth but that's just me being a bit biased I suppose.

"If there was a 10m sprint in the Olympics there'd be a couple of gold medallists out there.

Owey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just watching the last few seconds of the game again now I'm home.

Manly gave away zero penalties in the second half? Seriously.

Also, the penalty against Inu with 79:00 on the clock was given for standing square at marker and then knocking the ball loose when the only man in the tackle. Did Ashley Klein have money on golden point or something? Not even a remotely defensible decision.
Yeah I also wondered what the hell the penalty was even for. He was standing square at the play the ball, the dummy half (I think it was Ballin) took a step and a half to the right and Inu just reached out and stripped the ball. Knock on would have been a fair call but a penalty!!! WTF??

Talltimber

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
"We just ran out of petrol at the end, we lost a couple of players and ran out of petrol," he said.

"I thought our defence was really good, it was hard in attack missing Jamie but I thought we were playing back in the five metre rule at one stage.

"They were very quick off the line let's just say that.

"I thought it was ridiculous to tell you the truth but that's just me being a bit biased I suppose.

"If there was a 10m sprint in the Olympics there'd be a couple of gold medallists out there.
at one stage in the second half I was blowing up because the dogs seemed to be standing back in defense and not getting up in their faces. I guess you only see what you want to sometimes.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Toovey's inexperience as a coach is highlighted in his press conferences.
He sounds like a butt hurt fan who cannot get over DES leaving,
And he seems intent of doing everything he can to bring
Us down rather than concentrate on his own grubby team.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He does like to look through Rose coloured glasses. There could be 10 bad calls go for his team & 1 bad call go against his team. Yet he can only recall the 1 against his team.

Bad calls happen in all sport. You need to sit back & hope they even out in the end.

This being said. How good are the Dogs going to be next year when the current 2012 -: 21-3 against penalty count's turn around in our favour?

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
seems to get more pathetic everytime waterboy says something...the end of the day we were the better team and we got the job done...just love how he tries to blame everyone else for the loss barring the team
Toovey is WAY out of his depth. He inherited good structures from Hasler and the Sea Eagles have had a pretty good season 2012.

As players start to retire or go to other clubs and Hasler's influence fades, just watch the club decline.

There will be nothing Toovey can do do stop it as he is not first grade coach material and he also strikes me as being somewhat of a moron.

MiteyDogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The whole game it seemed like Manly were never back the 10 and they never got penalised for it. How can he whinge about our team being inside the 10? He's a joke!

Big_Dawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's always something imagine if they awarded that try he would have cried lol

Status
Not open for further replies.