Bangkok

Status
Not open for further replies.

@nchorman

Channel 4 News!
Reaction score
Hey Guys, I know The Lounge is hardly used anymore, but i would like some help with the aforementioned place.

My friend and i are traveling to Thailand during early October and I was just wondering if any of you colorful lot have been there.
If you have, would you be kind enough to give me a run down of which places to go??
such as:
-Tours
-Restaurants
-Shopping
-Massages/spas
-ELEPHANTS!!!

And if anyone could let me know about cheap but great places to stay and/or go for fun.

Oh and one more thing...If anyone could tell me about places to stay away from, for my own safety then that would be truly amazing!

Cheers guys, hopefully someone can help me out

the Coyote

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Guys, I know The Lounge is hardly used anymore, but i would like some help with the aforementioned place.

My friend and i are traveling to Thailand during early October and I was just wondering if any of you colorful lot have been there.
If you have, would you be kind enough to give me a run down of which places to go??
such as:
-Tours
-Restaurants
-Shopping
-Massages/spas
-ELEPHANTS!!!

And if anyone could let me know about cheap but great places to stay and/or go for fun.

Oh and one more thing...If anyone could tell me about places to stay away from, for my own safety then that would be truly amazing!

October.....hehehe.... reu do fohn ... translation .... wet season ..... you can basically count
on it pissing down every afternoon about 4pm... =( ..... and boy it rains hard....

Probably better than reu do rawn .... the hot season, which is April , 10pm at night and
you feel like your in a sauna....

Lived there for a year ...but it was a long time ago now (1995...yeah missd the GF that year =( ...)

Krueng Tep ( Bangkok) .... has plenty of big shopping centres , Siam Park would be a good place to
visit...

Safe places .... just stay away from Pad pong road ... or at worst Padpong B ( I think the B is for ****)...

The Thai people , especially out in the country , were always pretty friendly to us farungs =P

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score

such as:
-Tours
-Restaurants
-Shopping
-Massages/spas
-ELEPHANTS!!!

You forgot to add RnT

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went to Thailand in March and absolutely loved it. I didn't stay In Bangkok though. We stayed a week in Koh Samui and it was a really good holiday. We went for our 2nd wedding anniversary. It was prob the perfect time to go. It was really hot and humid but we were In a resort so we pretty much just swam and drank the whole week lol.

My brother stayed a week in Bangkok last year and loved it. He went to some tiger place and got to walk tigers and feed them. Just don't use tap water. Most hotels provide u with a certain amount of bottled water each day

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
my dad is there right now, i was worried that this thread contained news of a giant tsunami or earthquake :p

vietorious

pho-lawless
Reaction score
I went fishing somewhere in Phuket. Not sure why, but that was fun. Spent the day there drinking and fishing chatting to the guide.
Nai Harn beach was nice.
Happy ending massage. The places i went to had massages every where.

Phi Phi island was one of my favs. Snorkling was awesome. Water is crystal clear, views are amazing. Monkeys roaming the island.
Lots of tourist though when i went.

Quad biking was alright.
White water rafting was insane. Makes the one in Penrith looks like a swimming pool. They encourage you to throw mates off.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
my dad is there right now, i was worried that this thread contained news of a giant tsunami or earthquake :p
That's the first time that you have ever mentioned your dad. It's always about your mum.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
I heard a rumour once : In Thailand, you can pay money at a firing range and shoot a cow with a bazooka !!!

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
That's the first time that you have ever mentioned your dad. It's always about your mum.
thats because i love my mum and hate my dad, he didnt even buy me an aston martin for my birthday when i turned 18 ffs

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stay away from those lady boys
Wow. When I saw this thread, I thought "How long until someone makes a transsexual joke?"

It took nine responses. That's way more than I expected. I never guessed that diarrhea, the climate and cows being hit with bazookas would all come up before a mention of some lady's penis.

Dogandgunner

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife, daughter and i are going to phuket in march, cant wait!! apparently there is a cafe where u can shoot guns for $30 odd for ten shots lol

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
nah i asked for a V12 Vanquish, the db9 was still 2 years away in 2002

then for my 21st birthday i asked for a vantage and again he said he couldnt afford it ffs, its not like i was asking for a ferrari

instead i received gran turismo 4 a a gift which featured a V12 Vantage in the game, which i took as my dad taunting me so then i refused to speak to him for 2 years

@nchorman

Channel 4 News!
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips guys...found a really decent hotel so just trying to get the other days organised. cannot wait.

Is it really gonna be raining badly in October ??

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
i think it always rains there ffs, for example the malaysian grand prix always has a thunderstorm almost daily at 5 (in march)

you could almost set your clock by it

Status
Not open for further replies.