Will Chambers --> Storm

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chipandchase

yeh i agree though i have now heard jamie simpson and will chambers being signed by the dogs, i don't know if either are true.
Jamie simpson? Haven't heard that one , solid player but not a top 17

Brothers boy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I really rate lett. has speed to burn and his positional play is great. is a confidence and instinctive player and will be close to the TOP TRY SCORER in the nrl if the forwards and halves lay it on for him and of course he remains injury free.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I'm a fan of lett, he has speed that not many players can match.
If des can get the errors out he has the potential to be anything
also needs to learn to position himself in both attack and defense, learn to catch, learn to handle the ball from passes and pass too.

there is a reason hes struggled to get a gig with us and dragons in first grade.

i like him dont get me wrong but he has alot to do.

C

chipandchase

also needs to learn to position himself in both attack and defense, learn to catch, learn to handle the ball from passes and pass too.

there is a reason hes struggled to get a gig with us and dragons in first grade.

i like him dont get me wrong but he has alot to do.
I can't put my finger on it
His positional play in attack is first rate, he can sniff out a try.
There must be more to it, maybe he is a slack trainer or attitude problem

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
also is one of the worst defenders and terrible in placing himself in defense and hands like feet at times.

he has alot of ability in attack, alot of speed and can find a try though as i said he has along way before being a first grade winger at all.

seems to me you rate speed far to highly, say hodko no good due to speed and rate lett when thats all he has :P

C

chipandchase

also is one of the worst defenders and terrible in placing himself in defense and hands like feet at times.

he has alot of ability in attack, alot of speed and can find a try though as i said he has along way before being a first grade winger at all.

seems to me you rate speed far to highly, say hodko no good due to speed and rate lett when thats all he has :P
You can't teach speed bulldog

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Brett Howland was pretty quick too and was among the least exciting wingers i remember at our club, he was also a liability in defense. Compare that to someone like Darryl Halligan who had pretty average pace but who read the game extremely well and was always in a great position to finish plays, was good under the high ball and who could hold his own in defense. I'd take Halligan 7 days a week without even counting on his goalkicking to cement his position.

I'm not saying that Lett is a carbon copy of Howland but speed isn't everything. If speed is a players only asset then you want to have a centre who can put them into space or that speed will never get utilized.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
We would only need a centre if Lafai doesnt come good with his injury. Even then we have a few players that are fringe FG like Wright that would fill the role and would go better under Des.

Id like to see half a season with our current squad under Des before i start thinking we need this person or that person.

And with the code jump thing. They could never stop union poaching players. You cant force a player out of contract to do a job if he doesnt want to. You also cant stop them changing jobs. Legally there is no way at all they could "force" players to stay in one code or another. Its a shame but we cant stop them any more than we can stop them going to ESL for more money. Increasing the cap wont help, as many clubs cant afford a cap increase so it would only benefit the clubs who can use the cap (because they have the money to). If the cap is made too high, you will wipe the use of having a cap at all as the poorer clubs wouldnt be able to spend more like the richer clubs would.

B

BoonReturns

If the NRL and the clubs wanted to ensure players could not return to the NRL after leaving to play another code it would be easy to do so. Simply all clubs would sign an agreement that no player that 'jumped ship' would be signed by any club. Its really that easy. This could be done at the first meeting of the IC. The problem is that both the NRL and the clubs don't want to limit the potential to generate money and will therefor never do this. Like it or not, the Roosters first game and all games against the Dogs will be very marketable so therefor neither side would be against him signing

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
lett hasnt only got speed. he also has exceptional footwoork and... thats bout it really.

but as chip said, positional play, defence and catching ability can all be taught, speed cant.

but he is fast running out of time.

both the morris boys had hands like feet but they sorted that earlly on in their careers. most rookie wingers have trouble reading the play. lett hasnt really been given successive games in 1st grade to learn his trade.

the only concern i have is sometimes he is prone to brain snaps which unfortunately cannot be coached out of alot of players. but i am 100% confident that will badel and des will point out his technical flaws and have on the right track to being the gun winger that we have all craved for so long

C

chipandchase

lett hasnt only got speed. he also has exceptional footwoork and... thats bout it really.

but as chip said, positional play, defence and catching ability can all be taught, speed cant.

but he is fast running out of time.

both the morris boys had hands like feet but they sorted that earlly on in their careers. most rookie wingers have trouble reading the play. lett hasnt really been given successive games in 1st grade to learn his trade.

the only concern i have is sometimes he is prone to brain snaps which unfortunately cannot be coached out of alot of players. but i am 100% confident that will badel and des will point out his technical flaws and have on the right track to being the gun winger that we have all craved for so long

Agree 100%
I don't know why he was dropped in the first place when he was given his chance
Like barba, he can make things happen from nothing, unlike Goodwin etc

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agree 100%
I don't know why he was dropped in the first place when he was given his chance
Like barba, he can make things happen from nothing, unlike Goodwin etc
I think he had two chances in 2011 from memory and got injured the first time. i suspect the second time was because between him and Barba we were getting raped by any team that put a bomb up.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
very disappointing.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
wasnt keen on signing him...wish him all the best though

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
We didnt need him but its kind of a shame, he would have made some good banners. "Where there's a Will there's a way", "WILLing and able" and so on.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
We didnt need him but its kind of a shame, he would have made some good banners. "Where there's a Will there's a way", "WILLing and able" and so on.
Ben Barba and the Chamber of secrets :p

Status
Not open for further replies.