To accommodate Des Hasler's arrival the Bulldogs have sack long time trainer Larry Br

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Nick

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To accommodate Des Hasler's arrival the Bulldogs have sack long time trainer Larry Britten and physio Tony Ayoub

by: Josh Massoud
December 11, 2011 12:00AM

CANTERBURY'S seachange under Des Hasler has continued, with former Australian and NSW Origin physio Tony Ayoub now looking elsewhere after his role was changed.

To accommodate Hasler's new team, the Bulldogs have also parted ways with veteran trainer Larry Britten.

Ayoub was in charge of injury treatment under previous coaches Kevin Moore and Jim Dymock, but was recently told that he'd be answering to a new boss.

It's now understood he's reconsidering his future at Belmore, which has witnessed a huge shake-up from Hasler.

On top of transferring a host of assistants from Manly, Hasler will also add two new faces in famed sports psychologist John Novak and sports scientist Liz Marin.

Both worked with Hasler at Manly, and Novak coached the Sea Eagles players on a consultancy basis.

Dogestylz

Loud and Proud
Reaction score
i was worried about this sort of thing happening, im all for des to arrive and start SOME change but sacking most people and replacing them with his ex-manly counterparts just irks me....Larry britton has been there for as long as i can remember since well the 80's if im right, and tony ayoub well your not the aust. team physio if your not up to scratch so replacing him just flys against his position within not just the bulldog team but the state of origin and aust teams also. Surely these guys are very professional and can adapt to hasler's regime if asked, i mean they are training to the coaches wishes or just following physiotherapy guidelines in ensuring our players are right to play each week. definately a sad day if this is true that we have lost 2 great servants to the doggies. Ps - just check out any team photo from 88 onwards and im sure larry britton is in every one still looking as sharp as ever.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
i hope hes not changing things that are perfectly good just to make it his own

whatever the case des definately owns this team now and he is responsible for it

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
btw let me add that this action shows des is not at all arrogant, like that he thinks he alone was the reason for manlys success and that he knows what is required is a team of good people around him

either that or he just had a very low opinion of our club

BUGDOG

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I remember reading an article that des was using GPS technology to monitor players while they trained as far back as the 2010 off season.. maybe current staff were a bit behind on the tech stuff?

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
I remember reading an article that des was using GPS technology to monitor players while they trained as far back as the 2010 off season.. maybe current staff were a bit behind on the tech stuff?
if they had GPS im sure they would find that hickey broke training and ran to a KFC, when he was meant to be at a weights session

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
dont see why he needed to replace these 2....but anyway life goes on

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
All the power to him!!! As fans we all expect results and you can't make an omelette without cracking a few eggs. At the end of the day I don't care who he sacks as long as we get our desired result. A mongrel team with alot of bite and a top 4 finish in 2012.

Our last 2 seasons were an absolute disgrace!!!

fra250

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
No problem for me. What Des wants Des gets and that is exactly what i thought should and would happen.

He is the king maker so let him rule as he please's.

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
Great if its dead wood, I want it gone :grinning:

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If we fail under Des the blame will be on him, so you have to let him have exactly who and what he wants.
These people have been part of his success so you can understand why he wants to stick with proven performers rather than staff that have been part of a failure for two years in a row.

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hasler had better get results !

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
Look its not fair to say 'oh he better get us a premiership now' after all this change.

We have hired him on the basis of his ability, record and professionalism as a coach. We are paying him big bucks and giving him every opportunity to run his part of the ship as he sees fit. As a fan you can't treat him like an outsider and say premiership or else.

It is obvious that he means business and success is his focus. All we can ask for is him to bring his professionalism to the club and change what needs to be changed with that focus in mind. History suggests that we can achieve under his regime, but if we don't we don't. We and he tried.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
A premiership is a short sighted view. We need to rebuild our football club and create a system from juniors Harold Mathews right through to NRL.

We do this, and we will have premierships & compete consistently.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Look its not fair to say 'oh he better get us a premiership now' after all this change.

We have hired him on the basis of his ability, record and professionalism as a coach. We are paying him big bucks and giving him every opportunity to run his part of the ship as he sees fit. As a fan you can't treat him like an outsider and say premiership or else.

It is obvious that he means business and success is his focus. All we can ask for is him to bring his professionalism to the club and change what needs to be changed with that focus in mind. History suggests that we can achieve under his regime, but if we don't we don't. We and he tried.
we have become south sydney if we accept what you just said

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
we have become south sydney if we accept what you just said
don't be so dramatic

I just don't think its reasonable for fan to 100% expect premierships etc. while one is likely hiring Hasler does not provide premiership guarantee. I think we can expect the quality of our playing groups performances to drastically improve. This is reasonable imo.

We are very lucky to have him and to treat him like an outsider and be all like we don't like you but you're here to get us what we want is poor form from fans imo.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
don't be so dramatic

I just don't think its reasonable for fan to 100% expect premierships etc. while one is likely hiring Hasler does not provide premiership guarantee. I think we can expect the quality of our playing groups performances to drastically improve. This is reasonable imo.

We are very lucky to have him and to treat him like an outsider and be all like we don't like you but you're here to get us what we want is poor form from fans imo.
well possibly we treat him like an outsider because he is an outsider

and truth be told deep down i dont like that we had to beg for him to come over and save us, and worse is this sacking long serving bulldogs staff

so we now have the blame set down on kevin moore and the previous training staff, the dead wood as you say is gone and now we can move forward, with the players, board, greenberg and the recruitment people all going to work as if they had nothing to do with the rot

Status
Not open for further replies.