Dymock deserves his year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
No way Hasler should coach us next year, Jimmy deserves his chance to continue the turn around, I would be dissapointed if Hasler walked in and took over after Manly's cry baby bullsh1t fiasco, he should stay and help clean up the mess for 2012.
Has was sacked by Manly and banned to speak to anyone related to the Manly club. So now he can go anywhere he likes - bar Manly

So what, Dymock had a deal and had proven to be better than Moore, its not right that he gets pushed aside.
This is more complex than it looks. In the past, players have been bagged for signing with two clubs for the same season, so where does a club stand if it signs two head coaches for the same season? On top of that I've read that Jim Dymock is very popular with the players.

This is just a suggestion so don't so don't take me out and shoot me straight away. If the Bulldogs do sign Hasler for 2012, how about under the title of say, Bulldogs Director of Coaching? That would give him a say in the NSW Cup, Toyota Cup and NRL sides. In that capacity he could also have the recruitment and development people working with him, a thing that could only strengthen thr Bulldogs overall.

The-Game

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's also the possibility that Dymock may not want to coach if Hasler is there, i reckon he will though, but he might be happy to stand down and let Hasler take over. But it's one big cofuffle

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Quick question boys, if Hasler comes to us this year does that mean his contract start early? Or do get him for extra year?

Last edited by a moderator:

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
there has been suggestions that hasler can be our football director while dymock is head coach. no doubt, even under those circumstances, dymock would be going to hasler for plenty of tips along the way and so therefore, hasler will still be having plenty of say

i'm equally happy for hasler to take over also. best coach in the world to date and best coach in the NRL the last half a decade

There's also the possibility that Dymock may not want to coach if Hasler is there, i reckon he will though, but he might be happy to stand down and let Hasler take over. But it's one big cofuffle
incorrect

dymock has already stated he is happy to learn from the best coach in the business and todd greenberg has already stated the club won't stand in his way if he gets an offer from elswhere, but he also stated that dymock is also a long term plan for the bulldogs (meaning, once hasler is gone, dymock would be prime candidate, with his knowledge and experience already, PLUS what he is about to learn from the best coach in the world to date)

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hasler to coach if available I reckon. Dymock will thrive underhim.

dogstragic

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just A thought about contracts;Players leave mid contract,coaches are made promises about contracts then they're broken ,these days contracts are not worth 2 bob.The contracts are just far "too easy" too exit for everybody concerned,nothing is airtight!Is it any wonder that fans have no faith in anything anymore!!!!I heard during the week that when Mick Cronin was playing for Parramatta he had a deal based on a "handshake" only,my how things have changed.Never mind Jim Dymock,you'll get what you deserve sooner or later mate!!!!!!!

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just A thought about contracts;Players leave mid contract,coaches are made promises about contracts then they're broken ,these days contracts are not worth 2 bob.The contracts are just far "too easy" too exit for everybody concerned,nothing is airtight!Is it any wonder that fans have no faith in anything anymore!!!!I heard during the week that when Mick Cronin was playing for Parramatta he had a deal based on a "handshake" only,my how things have changed.Never mind Jim Dymock,you'll get what you deserve sooner or later mate!!!!!!!
you do understand dymock was made fully aware of the possibility of what is happening now? greenberg made it abundantly clear and the two of them mentioned that when we anounced the signing of hasler weeks ago

all is good

:grinning:

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
AS much as I would of loved Jimmy Dymock to coach us in 2012, when someone like Hasler becomes available straight away, the only option is to give Hasler the top post for 2012.

It is for the club's best interests and we need to start preparing for 2012.

Dymock will only learn from the best and get the best apprenticeship first hand from Des.

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
Dymock better then Moore? How can you judge? Moore's 1st year we made the Prelim Final.
If Hasler wants to coach in 2012... Hasler will coach in 2012!
Agreed.

Jim Dymock might turn out to be a fantastic coach. Time will tell on that. The fact is, he has benefitted from the same "Honeymoon Period" that see's caretaker coaches all over the world have immediate impacts and then fade a way when they get the full season. We saw the same thing with Brad Fittler if I recall correctly.

These happenings might actually be a blessing in disguise for Dymock.

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
Agree with the last few posts.

Jimmy wont get the sulks, He will do his bit & continue to learn. Im happy he will still be around.

H

Hitman

Dymock better then Moore? How can you judge? Moore's 1st year we made the Prelim Final.
If Hasler wants to coach in 2012... Hasler will coach in 2012!
When Kevin Moore took over coaching he bought winning culture with him in 2009, but Kevin moore isn't a s h i t coach, he bought the team together but couldn't construct the players

gf

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Dymock will always be a good trainer and assistant coach.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Still disappointed?
I am though.. I had my heart set on seeing Jimmy coach us for a season. I really wanted to see what he could do with the players we had.. I'm glad Des is on board, he's done a magnificent job, 2nd on the ladder, the boys look happy, we're looking dangerous and everything is looking up from here, but the disappointment comes from the fact that we'll never know what could have been.. It's just that thought in the back of your mind when things don't go to plan and you spend the rest of your life thinking about the difference between what could have and what did happen. I felt so bad for Jim, after hearing Todd state to the media that Jim was going to coach this year regardless.. and then to have it all snatched away in one go, I could only imagine the disappointment he felt.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
really cant complain with the results tbh
Do you ever not just post the obvious? your posts remind me of laurrie daley "the team that scores more points wins the game"

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
who cares about 'what might have been'. You really cant get much better than what we have had so far. Let's face it, there aint many who can do what Des can do. Happy with our outcome whether we win the comp this year or not.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I am though.. I had my heart set on seeing Jimmy coach us for a season. I really wanted to see what he could do with the players we had.. I'm glad Des is on board, he's done a magnificent job, 2nd on the ladder, the boys look happy, we're looking dangerous and everything is looking up from here, but the disappointment comes from the fact that we'll never know what could have been.. It's just that thought in the back of your mind when things don't go to plan and you spend the rest of your life thinking about the difference between what could have and what did happen. I felt so bad for Jim, after hearing Todd state to the media that Jim was going to coach this year regardless.. and then to have it all snatched away in one go, I could only imagine the disappointment he felt.
So if you were given the choice you wouldn't have taken Hasler?

Like really??

Status
Not open for further replies.