Your 2012 Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's also possible that Tolman might get the bench spot.

I know his stats are really good, but sometimes stats dont tell the story. Very rarely bends the line, doesnt offload. He seems pretty weak, he pretty much hits the defence and gets dominated every time.

Im not having a go at Tolman or anytihng, I just think his spot isnt guaranteed
I think Tolman won't be playing as many minutes next year..but he will be a definate starter

He has to burden alot of the work this year, because of the Tandy situation....and Kasiano, probably was graded a year too early (although he has been doing very well)

Tolman and Graham have very high work rates, so it will be interesting to see how the prop rotation will be used next season..

If Stuart is coach, I have a feeling only one prop will be on the bench....

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reynolds is not a 5/7. He can't even get a grubber to not go dead at training. He has no kicking ability at all.
Do you mean reynolds is not a 5/8???
I see a lot of anasta in him. Who also maybe did not have the worlds best short kicking game.
i think he is our best option, he is streets ahead of keating.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
01 Ben Barba
02 Steve Turner
03 Josh Morris
04 Tim Lafai
05 Michael Lett/Johnno Wright
06 Kris Keating
07 Trent Hodkinson
08 Aiden Tolman
09 Michael Ennis (c)
10 James Graham/Sam Kasiano
11 Grant Millington
12 Frank Pritchard
13 David Stagg

14 Josh Reynolds
15 Greg Eastwood
16 Martin Taupau
17 Sam Kasiano/James Graham

You were overseas for most of the year you missed how bad the keating/hodko combo is, It failed big time we need a 5/8 that has some speed/flare atm we have one that loves taking the wrong options/cant pass to his center/winger unless his real close to them prob the worst long passing game that ive seen in first grade from a 5/8 in a while.

habibsta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I know its Early and were still not done with 2011 but 2012 is Looking Good Baby!

Fullback 1. Barba
Left Wing 2. Morris
Right Centre 3. Wright/ Or any new centres they may sign
Left Centre 4. Lafai
Right Wing 5. Turner
Five-Eight 6. Reynolds/ Keating/ Romelo
Halfback 7. Hodkinson
Prop 8. Tolman
Hooker 9. Ennis/ reynolds
Prop 10. Graham
2nd row 11. Pritchard
2nd row 12. Eastwood
Lock 13. Stagg

Bench. Kasiano,Taupau, Halatau, Payne, Reynolds, Romelo, Keating

What are your Thoughts??
Team Subject to change due to Money still SITTING in the Bank!!
Dreaming if you think Stagg in front of Halatau he was sensational this year Halatau fit is a certain starter

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
1. Barba
2. Turner
3. Morris
4. Lafai
5. Wright/Lett
6. Romeleo/Reynolds/Keating
7. Hodkinson
8. Tolman
9. Ennis (C)
10. Graham
11. Pritchard
12. Eastwood/Stagg
13. Halatau

14. Eastwood/Stagg
15. Kasiano
16. Tauapau
17. Keating/Romeleo/Reynolds

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No doubt our scramble and cover defence will be good. I just hope that we can muscle up in the off-season so we can not only tackle, but tackle effectively.

Cause right now, I have to say we are one of the weakest (physically) teams in the comp.
You are spot on in my opinion Moe!! we are very weak when it comes to dishing out physical punishment within the rules !!!

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
There is no way Keating, Romelo or Reynolds will be on the bench next year if Ennis is hooker.
I would like to see Romelo interchanged with Ennis the minute he tires in the first half then have Ennis come back in the final twenty. If this happens Hodkinson for vice captain.

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very surprised that we let go of Peae to be honest, if we get a few injuries next year in the front row we're going to be just as screwed as we have in recent seasons. We have guys like Millington and Browne but I don't think either of them are in his league. I know he has some flaws in his game but no one can doubt his commitment and ability to smash the line and get us rolling forward.

They must have offered him way more than we thought he was worth.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Very surprised that we let go of Peae to be honest, if we get a few injuries next year in the front row we're going to be just as screwed as we have in recent seasons. We have guys like Millington and Browne but I don't think either of them are in his league. I know he has some flaws in his game but no one can doubt his commitment and ability to smash the line and get us rolling forward.

They must have offered him way more than we thought he was worth.
Ryan, Paea, Hodgson gone = cash available and an opportunity for the young Blokes.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
QUOTE=Qld-Dog;2449987]90% of Banana's come from NSW, Fact!! and so do I, Fact!!! I just live up here, Fact!!! I have supported the Dogs for 50 years, Fact!!! and may I ask where your were issued??? are you sure you are a Bulldog supporter???
Hey Qld-Dog, I didn't know about the bananas but we have got a couple of things things in common. I joined the forum in July and I've followed the Dogs for 50 years as well... started in 1962. On top of that I'm very interested in what the Dogs line up will be in 2012. In my opinion the centre, left wing and five eighth positions (plus reserves) need to be looked at and with six forwards suffering serious injuries Corey Payne, Greg Eastwood and Dene Halatau having recurring injuries and Michael Ennis with a lung and neck injury I'm in doubt as to who they can put on the field and when. :fear:[/QUOTE]

Hi Izzy Forreal, at least someone likes me today, he he!!
I am Ex Bathurst then Ex Greenacre had to endure 15 years in Baulkham hills (Slimey Eel's) territory and from 1994 in Brisbane where we have the next biggest following of the Dogs outside Sydney and I am a CB Bulldogs member in NSW and Qld.
I think we will overcome the injury side of things for 2012 however I agree that we still have a grave question mark over our 5/8 position, I am hoping KK will come good under Jim Dymock (not over confident at this stage) and if we cannot find one in our younger ranks then I guess we will need to buy a good one which makes it tough because I know of no one out there in 5/8 world except I do like what I see in young Reynolds but he has a limited kicking game.
Our forwards will be a little more balanced next year with the Pommie coming over and some good young Blokes in the wind.
I strongly believe we will need a world class Centre and I am not discounting young Lafai either because he will be someone very special one day, I would have liked maybe someone like a Willie Tonga with a wealth of experience in there with Lafai and Wright in the wings too.
Having Ennis the Menace in as captain will also make a big difference, we will need to be more physical in our defence next year too, other than that we should do OK in 2012.

Bashman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The forwards dont worry me so much next year but our backline is a joke.
Besides Barba and Hodkinson, and to a lesser extent Morris, no one is an automatic pick or a standout.
Turner is dead average. Wright: is he a winger?, Lafai: is he a premiership winning centre?, Five eight: not keating, he is a utility, romelo, he is a hooker, reynolds maybe.....
we have problems with our backline imo
Agreed.
Not so sure about your opinion on Turner though. I reckon he'll go close to our player of the year at the club awards

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I guess turner has been ok. But honestly he is the best of a poor bunch at the back. He has a solid crack but he is just safe and solid. Maybe in a red hot backline he would look better. just doesn't set the world alight. Also he needs to improve his kicking.
We need a five eight desperately.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Barba
2. Turner
3. Morris
4. Lafai
5. Goodwin (although slow tries his arse off, safe under high ball, can kick, hopefully rediscover his form of 09)
6. Reynolds (not many options, keatings rubbish, mayb start looking at grooming out NYC 5/8?)
7. Hodkinson
8. Tolman
9. Ennis (c)
10. Graham
11. Pritchard
12. Halatau
13. Stagg

14. Kasiano
15. Taupau
16. Eastwood
17. Romelo

Cabbi

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I dont know what everyone see`s in Corey Payne he is over-rated, a few good offloads during the season but thats about it, he might an aggressive attitude but there is no impact in him

bubblejuice

New Pup
Reaction score
1. Barba
2. Turner
3. Morris
4. Lafai
5. Wright
6. Reynolds
7. Hodkinson
8. Tolman
9. Ennis (c)
10. Graham
11. Pritchard
12. Tapau
13. Halatau

14. Kasiano
15. Romelo
16. Eastwood
17. Stagg

that is one massive Pack

Karat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm concerned about our depth at prop for next season

we are losing Paea,Hodgson and Armit, and gaining Graham.

Is Tim Browne still here next season?

B

Baghdatis

I'm concerned about our depth at prop for next season

we are losing Paea,Hodgson and Armit, and gaining Graham.

Is Tim Browne still here next season?
I think he is. 2012 by memory

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
browne im certain had a contract extention.

We are fine in the props department. We are think in the backs department. We dont have much as it is. Imagine Barba or Morris get injured, there goes all our flare in the backline.

Karat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
browne im certain had a contract extention.

We are fine in the props department. We are think in the backs department. We dont have much as it is. Imagine Barba or Morris get injured, there goes all our flare in the backline.
they are not that flash but Goodwin and Lett could cover injuries

If Morris gets injured, push Goodwin to wing and Wright to centres

if Barba gets injured, Lett to fullback...

not great, but they still can get the job done...having said that, i think we need a new winger to wear the number 5 jersey

B

Baghdatis

they are not that flash but Goodwin and Lett could cover injuries

If Morris gets injured, push Goodwin to wing and Wright to centres

if Barba gets injured, Lett to fullback...

not great, but they still can get the job done...having said that, i think we need a new winger to wear the number 5 jersey
If we finish up with a win there is no need for so many changes. Finals or no finals keep a similar team unless they are faused changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.