Andrew Ryan... what a legend!

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Paint.

Since signing with the Bulldogs, the only club games that he's ever missed are through State of Origin duties. Since his last rep game, he's played 186 consecutive games - only 10 short of Jason Taylor's 196, an NRL record.

Assuming we don't make the finals this year, he'll most likely leave the club at 193 games... Andrew Ryan deserves to stay on and get that record with the Bulldogs!

Almobro

Gunner
Reaction score
Like i said in other threads if he feels he can go another year let him, he deserves it.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
50 tackles last week says he's a goer, hope we make the semi's and he beats the record.

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he stays, David Stagg has to go. Dont need 2 similar players in this team. Happy for him to stay if it is at the expense of Stagg.

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
I do even remember he went back to play reserves when first grade had the bye - early/mid 2000s

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ryan shouldn't have to carry the pack to the extent he has this season (and last). He has played his guts out and letting him go will be repeating the mistake we made when Pricey left.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Your time is up Andrew Ryan. We are not going to win the comp in the next 2 years anyway so it's time we started playing the next generation. Tapau, Kasiano, Browne, Finicuane and Jackson should all be playing.

P

Paint.

Your time is up Andrew Ryan. We are not going to win the comp in the next 2 years anyway so it's time we started playing the next generation. Tapau, Kasiano, Browne, Finicuane and Jackson should all be playing.
Taupau, Kasiano already have spots, and Browne is right on the verge of finally cracking the FG side, even with Bobcat there. Finucane and Jackson, while they are talents, aren't ready for FG yet. You could bring them in next year, when they're not ready, and have their confidence shot if you like, but personally, I'd prefer holding onto our captain.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
How do you know they aren't ready? They are more ready than Kasiano was.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Ryan is our worst captain ever anyway.

P

Paint.

Somehow or another, you find a way to criticise a legend of our game... Great fan you are.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Somehow or another, you find a way to criticise a legend of our game... Great fan you are.
Lol at saying Ryan is a legend.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Club legends and influences have come and gone in the past. Both on and off the field.

Steve Price, Willie Mason, SBW, the Hughes family, Hazem El Masri, Luke Patten, Kevin Moore...

All a huge impact on our club.

But I dare say nothing will shatter me more than when Bobcat is gone. He is the last of an era we were once known as the Dogs of War. The last of an era where he had so much input. It will really hit us when he is finally gone.

We're heading for dark times as a club, and it's going to take years to re-build ourselves as the club we once were. Here's hoping sooner rather than later...

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
wouldnt swet it. Rf is obviously trolling, and not very good at it either. Way too blatant.

For me if he keeps playing as he is im happy for Ryan to keep playing. As someone else said, we will be silly to let him go the same way we were silly to let Price go coz ppl thought he was past it. As a player Ryan is playing as good as ever. Not as convinced he is the best Captain for the side though, i reckon Ennis is the man for that job. But thats my opinion.

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
He is a legend of our club , but i would pull up on saying he is compatible to the dogs of war players , not saying he is not tough nor skilful - putting him and cement gillespie in the same sentence doesnt sound right . But i have enjoyed having him here and he will be missed

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bobcat should have the last in this matter and im sure in time he will let us all know.. Last thing he wants is any added pressure been put on the club and there is no reason to rush. We have good depth in the junior ranks and if the senior players like beast,tank and Stagg step up then the future is a bright one for the club. Graham arrives next yr with experience and throw in ennis and im sure success is not as far away as people think. Patience, hard work and support for your fellow mates each day will be the key to the future. As JD said today he wants to bring the old dogs winning formula back. Pushing bobcat out the door is not the answer to the issues. He deserves our loyalty and support.

Status
Not open for further replies.