Carbon tax

Will the carbon tax in Australia significantly reduce global temperatures?

• Yes

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • No

Votes: 33 84.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guard Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
this whole fiasco is gillard's way to print more $$$...if there wasn't law and order or if i had nothing left to live for i wouldnt hesitate to detonate parliament house with all the thieving politicians inside it,yes along with most im filthy with this lying mut

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
My biggest disappointment about Australia is how we blatantly allow morons to run the place .... and this is coming from someone with "Zero" political influence or agenda.

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
Barry O'farrell responded to my tweets once. Does that mean I have political influence?

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Barry O'farrell responded to my tweets once. Does that mean I have political influence?
Julie Bishop responded to my stalking once as well VIA the lawyer

MAD DOG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
apparantly not many people want the carbon tax.... where was our huge protests? where was our riots? oh i forgot, we are civilized and let the governments do whatever they like to us... we are brainwashed and scared to speak out for ourselves.. we are civilized, educated westerners... i think we are stupid sheep..
good on the French for protesting and rioting against the increase in age pension age... they told the government not to f$%K with the people and the people spoke and won!!! we were shown on the media that the french were uneducated and pige for demonstating and rioting for what they believed in... i take my hat off to the french and they have my respect... Good on the Greeks and Thai people for standing up for themselves and for other countries around the world that stand up to there governments not to **** with them.... we are miserable sheep that the government could pass anything on to us and we will be back to work on monday, pay our mortgages, pay our high taxes, pay our insurances, pay our super.... wake up people... ofcourse the carbon tax was gonna pass!!!

the only aussies that protested and were heard were the miners and were billionares making billions from OUR own land... they got that tax abolished... as you know, one flick of the switch and anyone would be made missing.....

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Take it to the people, like was done for the GST

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
apparantly not many people want the carbon tax.... where was our huge protests? where was our riots? oh i forgot, we are civilized and let the governments do whatever they like to us... we are brainwashed and scared to speak out for ourselves.. we are civilized, educated westerners... i think we are stupid sheep..
good on the French for protesting and rioting against the increase in age pension age... they told the government not to f$%K with the people and the people spoke and won!!! we were shown on the media that the french were uneducated and pige for demonstating and rioting for what they believed in... i take my hat off to the french and they have my respect... Good on the Greeks and Thai people for standing up for themselves and for other countries around the world that stand up to there governments not to **** with them.... we are miserable sheep that the government could pass anything on to us and we will be back to work on monday, pay our mortgages, pay our high taxes, pay our insurances, pay our super.... wake up people... ofcourse the carbon tax was gonna pass!!!

the only aussies that protested and were heard were the miners and were billionares making billions from OUR own land... they got that tax abolished... as you know, one flick of the switch and anyone would be made missing.....
5000 people congregated outside of Parliament two months ago to protest it, led by 2GB's Chris Smith. Gillard and Labor called them extremists. Though GETUP! can force people to conform to their way by doing bloackades.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Take it to the people, like was done for the GST
this is a communist government led by the greens... as if they would take it to the people because they know they will lose

the_crusader

I'm a big blob of LARD
Reaction score
5000 people congregated outside of Parliament two months ago to protest it, led by 2GB's Chris Smith. Gillard and Labor called them extremists. Though GETUP! can force people to conform to their way by doing bloackades.
How strange you forget to mention the APP, gun lobby and other extremist organisations were there

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How strange you forget to mention the APP, gun lobby and other extremist organisations were there
It is true, this government can **** up a wide variety of people, even its own retarded voters

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its for the good of Australia
They can't save the environment with taxing the people to death? The Government has plenty of money so Im not paying up for jack crap, I already pay my dues.

Bitemarks

mmm tasty ear
Reaction score
No as other have said the main polluters are the developing countries & the US.

With that being said, If a carbon tax was solely used for funding solar power schemes such as solar farms and installation of solar panels on every home and unit then it would be justifiable. Not on the basis of reducing greenhouse emissions, but on the basis that every household would see saving on electricity bills which have been spiraling out of control.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
I don't necessarily agree with it, but they're in a better position than I to judge.

I'll adapt. We'll adapt. It's what we do as human beings.

We complained to no end about the GST - does it ever cross your mind now?

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't necessarily agree with it, but they're in a better position than I to judge.

I'll adapt. We'll adapt. It's what we do as human beings.

We complained to no end about the GST - does it ever cross your mind now?
Meh voted in by the people, we can accept that.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Its an absolute pile of crapola, just another way to get us all to bend over and pay more money to the govt

(((((SMACK)))))

Jados Boutros
Reaction score
They should have gone with the coal tax. the big overseas corporates don't pay enough to rape our resources. This tax is a bloody mess and it won't make one bit of difference. The GST built up a surplus that was meant to be used to act as a buffer and the ALP frittered it down the drain.
I am not sold on hte whole climate cahnge argument just yet as anyone who disagrees is shouted down.

Guard Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
correct on all counts Bry i used to donate to charities here and there when i could but sadly i dont think its going to happen anymore and others who donate would stop as well and who could blame them with living costs to skyrocket

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
no

global warming is a fact, but only through evolution, ala the ice age

but not by the influence of human infestation. did we speed it up? who can say? but we do need to have more respect for our planet and it's ecosystems

Status
Not open for further replies.