Canterbury Bulldogs Player Signings, Re-signings & Rumour Mill: 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As I said, I meant to say 09, I got our spoon year mixed up with theirs. So they came equal first in 08, awesome, another year where Stuart got them close but no cigar.

As I also said, I am not against Ricky coaching us, I just don't think he is a great attacking coach overall. He definitely isn't known for it and as that stat shows even in a year his team came equal first the 1st and 2nd teams had more then a 200pt+ more on differential.
I was clearly making a point against your claim that Stuart's Cronulla side were attacking failures. When put into context, I don't believe that's true, considering the back line he had and the fact they finished with the same number of points as the other top 2.

You then went and disgraced yourself twice, which is fine by me I guess.

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was clearly making a point against your claim that Stuart's Cronulla side were attacking failures. When put into context, I don't believe that's true, considering the back line he had and the fact they finished with the same number of points as the other top 2.

You then went and disgraced yourself twice, which is fine by me I guess.
No you're right, he's an attacking genius.

BTW, what was the score in that magic 08 prelim between Cronulla and Melbourne? With such a great attacking side it must have been a high score in such an important game, what was the score?

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Justin Holbrook? I can't believe the idiots on this forum. Ye let's sign another low profile coach when we have a great opportunity to geta higher profile coach such as Stuart.
Do you even know anything about Justin Holbrook? Have you ever spoken to any players that have been coached by him?

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you even know anything about Justin Holbrook? Have you ever spoken to any players that have been coached by him?
Seriously you just dont get it. He is not the best coach on offer! What are you, his brother ? Serously dude take a deep breath and suck it in. then go and give yourself an uppercut!

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
Could be D10!
I think I read in the RLW a couple of weeks ago that one of the recently resigned Bulldogs stars absolutely fuming because Idris wasn't re-signed and that he only signed under the impression he would be signed.
It could be the case that Josh Morris is that person, as I haven't heard anyone else being unhappy about anything?

That's Ben Barba.

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seriously you just dont get it. He is not the best coach on offer! What are you, his brother ? Serously dude take a deep breath and suck it in. then go and give yourself an uppercut!
Do you know at some stage there would have been a more experienced coach then Wayne Bennett available? A more experienced coach then Des Hasler?

But you are right, I have a different opinion to you so I must be an idiot

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
...can someone explain why we signed Steve Turner...the guys a cripple, he's small, he's slow...i'll never get that signing

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No you're right, he's an attacking genius.

BTW, what was the score in that magic 08 prelim between Cronulla and Melbourne? With such a great attacking side it must have been a high score in such an important game, what was the score?
Because I said he was an attacking genius?

I don't remember, 30-10 or something. Cronulla got outplayed and beaten by a better side who were also rorting the cap, but that one game doesn't mean Cronulla failed on attack.

I objected to your point that Ricky's attack failed at Cronulla, yet he got them to 1st equal in 2008 and the 17 wins they got in 26 rounds means they had enough attack to beat 17 teams, with a very average back line. To me, that's not a failure.

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
...can someone explain why we signed Steve Turner...the guys a cripple, he's small, he's slow...i'll never get that signing
experienced, can jump and catch with the best, deceptively quick, consistent.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Steve Turner has more go forward than most of our forwards

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Now this is definitely a G-up.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone else heard whispers about the Bulldogs reconsidering Brett Morris?

With Dragons signing up Moltzen and Chase Stanley, going hard after Dugan, retaining Nightingale, Cooper, and Kyle Stanley... I'd be wondering if the rumor has some truth to it given 2012 Brett Morris's contract is up, yet no talks of an extension.

The rumor I've heard is that he's unhappy with Dragons management, the departure of Bennett, and maybe seeking an early release.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
uuummmm ... Turner is probably our most consistent and best player this year and perhaps since we signed him. He turns up with the same dedication and positive attitude every week and gives it absolutely 100% every time - unlike some of the other players in this team

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
steve turner has been very consistant and puts in for every game, more then some of the signed superstars have

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Anyone else heard whispers about the Bulldogs reconsidering Brett Morris?

With Dragons signing up Moltzen and Chase Stanley, going hard after Dugan, retaining Nightingale, Cooper, and Kyle Stanley... I'd be wondering if the rumor has some truth to it given 2012 Brett Morris's contract is up, yet no talks of an extension.

The rumor I've heard is that he's unhappy with Dragons management, the departure of Bennett, and maybe seeking an early release.
Not sure about this one, but perhaps Morris should be concerned with his own form. Seriously, everybody over hyped the Morris's and I was one of them.

Having said this, I would still take him due only to his speed. If only we could get the ball out to our wingers.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If we had 17 players in the team that played like steve turner we would have winning percentage this year. The guy runs hard (especially for a little bloke) and is not scared of getting smashed. He puts idris to shame with some of his runs and is dead set half his size. True competitor. Will never be the best player in the comp but is a player every team needs, consistent, tries 110% every week, hardly has an off game, and is great out of dummy half. He wont score 22 tries a year but his best game wont be too far from his worst. You know what you get each week.

I was one of the first that questioned him signing on, I was dead set against it, but he has shown his worth (maybe not as a goal kicker :p but he was never recruited for that role)

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If we had 17 players in the team that played like steve turner we would have winning percentage this year. The guy runs hard (especially for a little bloke) and is not scared of getting smashed. He puts idris to shame with some of his runs and is dead set half his size. True competitor. Will never be the best player in the comp but is a player every team needs, consistent, tries 110% every week, hardly has an off game, and is great out of dummy half. He wont score 22 tries a year but his best game wont be too far from his worst. You know what you get each week.

I was one of the first that questioned him signing on, I was dead set against it, but he has shown his worth (maybe not as a goal kicker :p but he was never recruited for that role)
+1

The difference with Turner and the rest of our team is that he wants to be involved with every play, whilst the others look at the other guys next to him to take the hit up or stop the attacker in defence!!!!

Steve Turner is a CHAMPION!!!

Ennis (c)
Turner (vc)

Status
Not open for further replies.