Alleged Ryan Tandy Betting Scam

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyongguy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think there is anything in it, i think tandy looked a bit anxious cause he wanted to smack weilder, which would have been good. It would be a silly bet to make in my opinion, for one how would tandy know he would be taking the first hit up in the game, how would he even know who was kicking off. It could have just as easy have been a dogs kickoff with a cowboys knock on and canterbury scoreing from the kick off. And also what are the chances of the cowboys taking a penalty as their first scoring oppurtunity unless it had been an arm wrestle for 20mins with neither side scoring, and honestly with the way the dogs and cowboys have been playing this year what were the chances of that.

the_crusader

I'm a big blob of LARD
Reaction score
people thought the Roosters threw the game against the Warriors last season

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Its all a lot of BS. A player who earns hundreds of thousands a year risking his career so a few people can win a few bets. Its a lot of rubbish and will be proven to be so. Must be a slow news day, they are filling in the vacant spaces with fiction.

Anybody who believes it is an assclown.

And special Kudos to the nuff in this thread who says his opinion of Tandy is tarnished, coz of some unproven piece of nonsense in the media.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
the bookies dont winge when a favorite gets beaten or when the short priced first try scores doesnt score .... sporting betting agencys are going to kill rugby league with all these allegations

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What proof is there? A measly 1k or so was put on by some degenerate and all of a sudden a "sting" was orchestrated and masterminded by Tandy who just finally secured a new long term deal for the first time in his career?

Perhaps it was him and perhaps that was his intention. But that would surely be highly unlikely, we have no proof and a lot of conjecture and surely he should be presumed innocent, not guilty.

I can't believe people rip into me for being negative because I question how little the players try and question if we should have paid so much for certain players, yet our fans assume one of our players fixed a portion game to some degree where there is no concrete evidence, and I'm the negative one?

Again, it may well be true but to jump to conclusions like this because of a bit of sensationalist tabloid journalism, a TAB spokesperson having a whinge and an interview by serial pest Danny Weidler is absolutely absurd.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
it is not the tab having a whinge because they won out of the situation

and the saying is innocent until proven guilty, but you are allowed to suspect someone is guilty

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
hilarious to see all the koolaid sippers defend him.

if it was another team it'd be the lynch mob. wheres the thread of the easts game it happened last year?

btrain says it was a measly 1k? from that interview it was many thousands of dollars over many agencies that usually collect in the hundreds for this type of bet.

it looked ugly and noone will know either way. anyone here saying otherwise is merely preaching to the sheep in the choir.

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Danny Weidler is the lead on this storey need we take any more notice- the only scoop he has been involved in is at the ice cream bar

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He set it up so well. A very dodgy play the ball and the biggest 'bean bag' flop to get the penalty. Because he is a Bulldog I would love to give him the benefit of the doubt but it looks crap. His body language was terrible. Unless that the way he talks to someone (constently looking away). I hope it is a quick and painless investigation.
he was looking away because someone was showing him something Dannys accomplice

Something people are forgetting in all of this maybe people put money on it because both teams are playing so **** and have trouble getting points on the board that a penalty goal seemed likely?

dogggies

Waterboy
Reaction score
Does look bad,,,, look how many times he touched his face, that is the #1 way that someone is lying.. Secondly, he finds it hard to answer without turning away, another sure thing that it is a lie, thirdly. he is repetitive... not good.... I say guilty as....

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
hilarious to see all the koolaid sippers defend him.

if it was another team it'd be the lynch mob. wheres the thread of the easts game it happened last year?

btrain says it was a measly 1k? from that interview it was many thousands of dollars over many agencies that usually collect in the hundreds for this type of bet.

it looked ugly and noone will know either way. anyone here saying otherwise is merely preaching to the sheep in the choir.

lol theres some pretty thick blue and white goggles in this thread. Dead set if the ref didn't blow the whistle Tandy would still be lying on the bloke. I hope nothing comes of it just as much as the next dogs supporter but if people want to sit here and say it doesn't look suss they have to be absolutely kidding themselves.

And any "assclown" who thinks just because a footballer might earn $150 odd grand he wouldn't risk his career with a stunt like this......footballers are renowned for risking their careers for much, much less.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sorry guys but there is definate legs in this. Take your blue and white glasses off. This is extremely suspect. Cowboys do not need to be briefed. Present a team in front of the posts and there is a good chance they will take the 2. Not the cowboys though. Someone stuffed up and didn't do their homework. Cowboys play for tries.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Does look bad,,,, look how many times he touched his face, that is the #1 way that someone is lying.. Secondly, he finds it hard to answer without turning away, another sure thing that it is a lie, thirdly. he is repetitive... not good.... I say guilty as....
Just because you watch "lie to me" on channel 10 or criminal minds on channel 7 doesn't make u an expert on body language.

I read today on the fox sports website that they are reviewing CCTV footage at a tab outlet so unless he was dumb enough to walk into a tab and put the bet on himself then I think it will all just blow over

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is what happens when you let betting companys sponsor you they get in the nrl ears get some proof b4 making sh!t up

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
The thing that pisses me off, whether it's true or not is that it just makes us look dodgy again. The tab could have investigated and if they found something suss they could have come out then but instead they go public and you get little worms like weidler who are more than happy to sling mud at the club. This player hasn't even been at the club 6 months but now it's the bulldogs who are going to be called the cheats again.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Walked past that orange haired bastard at Moore Park about 8 months ago and wanted to mouth off at him. Lucky it's not now or I'd be giving him a gobfull.

Basically you have Weasel and a mate of his firing questions at Tandy with a camera in his face, and it all looks very convenient.

If the Bulldogs are smart they've have asked Danny, Co and Camera to leave immediately. Infact for any future media interviews they should bar all involved.

That footage is nothing more than a character assasination, and if it turns out Tandy is clear of any wrongdoing, he should hammer Danny and Co for defamation (and I wouldn't rule it out).

Basically they have accused him of wrongdoing without any evidence.

Yes I have my blue and white glasses off, but in order for anything sus to be proven, they'd have to have taken the kick.

Look at all the sus ref calls in a game.. it is FAR more likely with games being able to be bet on DURING the game, that refs are putting money on than anyone else.

So basically someone put money on the first points being from a penalty to Cowboys, and everyone is up in arms about it because Tandy is somewhat ill disciplined.

Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Once a Stormer alway a Stormer..

Status
Not open for further replies.