Do you want Reni Maitua back?

Would you be happy if Reni Maitua came back?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I know there's quite a few Reni threads, but I hope this one will give an indication through the poll.

Would you be happy if we re-signed Reni Maitua?

Of course, Reni would only be re-signed if management believed he was serious. So let's not question this. Not sure how much they would pay him, but you would expect it wouldn't be too much

Forgive and forget?

suiker

Top bird
Reaction score
If he's serious about proving himself, he'd be quite an asset to the team. If not, just chuck him in NSW cup. No loss.

MOVE.80

M-Power
Reaction score
I'd be happy if we did sign him tbh. Reni loves the club and never wanted to leave, even when his own mates (sbw and mason) decided to. I say forgive and forget, and give him one last chance at becoming the devastating second-rower he once was. Whats it going to cost us?

@nchorman

Channel 4 News!
Reaction score
I'd be happy if we did sign him tbh. Reni loves the club and never wanted to leave, even when his own mates (sbw and mason) decided to. I say forgive and forget, and give him one last chance at becoming the devastating second-rower he once was. Whats it going to cost us?
100-180k a season =]
LOL

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Maitua? No. Form-wise, I don't really care where he left off. Trying to take the club to the cleaners and then crawling back? Turns me off a little - but doesn't factor in my decision for not wanting him.

He'll be 29 mid-way through next year, and I'd rather we focus on the development and retention of more junior players.

Maitua taking up a spot in the 25, would lessen the chances of guys like Foster, Benney, Rauicava, Gordon, and Romelo getting gigs in first-grade. All these blokes have a fair amount of potential. If we nurture that potential by introducing them slowly into first-grade (as we did with Barba), then they may turn out to be something really good.

If we block them out of first-grade for Maitua (who would get some kind of preference over younger players due to his extensive experience and technical skills), then that would not do their confidence, or chances, any justice.

BulldogStar

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Maitua? No. Form-wise, I don't really care where he left off. Trying to take the club to the cleaners and then crawling back? Turns me off a little - but doesn't factor in my decision for not wanting him.

He'll be 29 mid-way through next year, and I'd rather we focus on the development and retention of more junior players.

Maitua taking up a spot in the 25, would lessen the chances of guys like Foster, Benney, Rauicava, Gordon, and Romelo getting gigs in first-grade. All these blokes have a fair amount of potential. If we nurture that potential by introducing them slowly into first-grade (as we did with Barba), then they may turn out to be something really good.

If we block them out of first-grade for Maitua (who would get some kind of preference over younger players due to his extensive experience and technical skills), then that would not do their confidence, or chances, any justice.
x1000

I don't have any issue with Reni like i do with Mason and SBW, but for every reason you just said im very wary of signing him up

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
i dont mind reni

he is in bali doing weird things, so we should help him

SaMi..

SaMi..
Reaction score
1 player leaves from our 04 side (Patten), another one returns =D !

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
We're bringing Reni back.
Those Dogs supporters don’t know how to react
He'll make up for all the things we lack
Cause he's been training hard he'll pick up the slack.

Take 'em to the bridge....

SaMi..

SaMi..
Reaction score

Feeling sorry for the opposition coz they'll b copping a wack !

LebaneseBulldog

Bulldogs
Reaction score

after reni back, they say shu

"We're bringing Reni back, SHU
hose Dogs supporters don’t know how to react SHU"

listen to the vid

YOUNGY

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
the way we have played this year reni should be given a chance.

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Took the words righ outta my mouth....
What happened happened we should just move on and concentrate on our Junior Base players as they are our future

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Took the words righ outta my mouth....
What happened happened we should just move on and concentrate on our Junior Base players as they are our future
the future is not now

now is now

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Let's see...

He's a complete ****** who ripped into the club threatening legal action... He was part of a sect of players who weren't only a bad influence on others but who ruined the image of the club.... He got banned for using performance enhancing drugs... He gets into trouble off the field time after time... He was a crap player who didn't show any form for three years or so.... He has hands like feet and misses tackles, plus he doesn't care too much.... He talks it up every two seconds but hasn't backed it up once..... He would take a spot better served for a younger player..... Even on a minimum, incentive based contract it'd be a complete waste of money...... He's always injured.....

So in other words..... No. No, I don't think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.