Folau set to join GWS

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
They are trying to captivate a new market.

What better way to do this than sign a well known league player to ensure a new audience tunes in and they have some inroads into a greater revenue market.

K.Hunt has already generated a lot of interest and it looks like they have already got a ROI from signing him.
BS, they are just saying they have already made money off signing him so they don't look bad. No way they will get 3M out of him!
Which NRL fan gives two ****s about any AFL player? They will get a few months in the newspapers but then coverage will die in the arse.

Hunt has already been forgotten by league fans and Folau will be no different. I will watch one AFL game just to see him fail and never watch gAyFL again, good luck to them because the internal damage it's going to cause is not going to be worth it.

Folau and Hunt will never be liked in AFL circles and will be playing reserve grade for 3 years infront of crowds of 200.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
They are trying to captivate a new market.

What better way to do this than sign a well known league player to ensure a new audience tunes in and they have some inroads into a greater revenue market.

K.Hunt has already generated a lot of interest and it looks like they have already got a ROI from signing him.

The star AFL players are known but will not attract a new audience, with Israel a lot of new people will watch the game to see if he flops or makes it.

This was purely a marketing campaign, I'd say 20% of it was bought for his ability, 80% was a pure business decision.
um i know why they signed him, its pretty obvious. Doesn't mean that AFL players wont like it.

BM-dog

Tough person
Reaction score
AFL ****ed up they should of got Hayne. Media coverage and Skills Hayne>>Folau
That's a good point actually, Folau was the flavour of the month back in 2008 but he's gone off the boil since. And even when his profile was at its highest he was never as appealing to kids and audiences as a Hayne or a Sonny Bill. He's sort of boring really, I don't see that many league people following his AFL career with interest

S

Squiz Ninja

I think you will find the AFL couldnt give a toss if he is a failure at all, for $3m they have bought all the exposure they could ever dream of.

Plus the other players wont care, they know he is there for a reason, to boost the AFL's exposure in the NSW/QLD Market.

The secretary of the AFL makes 3 times more than any player to push paper around, he is getting paid for a purpose, the same as Folau is, and everybody knows that...

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think you will find the AFL couldnt give a toss if he is a failure at all, for $3m they have bought all the exposure they could ever dream of.
AFL has bought exposure but what about the GWS team? Who pays for this failure?

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
So what is Fallow going to do next year?

PigBenis

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeh big fail

ive already baited him a million times

just rubbing it in now

also we arnt losing any million dollar centres so whos the fail?

Broncos fan on a bulldogs forum
LOL you have won as many games as the sharks Epic Fail

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Moe, handle this before I do.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
K E unleash on this inbred
Moe the queer will just delete it yet admin allow cock suckers who should've been swallowed by their dad to continue to post.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hahahahahaha "WOW Brisbane Broncos"

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
shame

they lost their 500k winger/centre
winger/centre/winger/centre/winger/centre/winger/centre/winger/centre/winger/centre/winger/centre/winger/centre/winger/centre/winger/centre/winger/centre/winger/centre/winger/centre/winger/centre/winger/centre/winger/centre/winger/centre/winger/centre/winger/centre/winger/centre/winger/centre/winger/centre/winger/centre/winger/centre/winger/centre/winger/centre/winger/centre/winger/centre/winger/centre/winger/centre/winger/centre/winger/centre/winger/centre/winger/centre.

Half time

winger/centre/winger/centre/winger/centre/winger/centre/winger/centre/winger/centre/winger/centre/winger/centre/winger/centre/winger/centre/winger/centre/winger/centre/winger/centre/winger/centre/winger/centre/winger/centre/winger/centre/winger/centre/winger/centre/winger/centre/winger/centre/winger/centre/winger/centre/winger/centre/winger/centre/winger/centre/winger/centre/winger/centre/winger/centre/winger/centre/winger/centre/winger/centre/winger/centre/winger/centre/winger/centre/winger/centre/winger/centre/winger/centre/winger/centre/winger/centre/winger/centre/winger/centre.

Bitemarks

mmm tasty ear
Reaction score
wtf

6million for 4 years for a guys who's never played the game.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
that money would have been ALOT better spent on abblet/judd/franklin then a league player

S

Shermy

1- He wont survive there.
2- Henjak had more to do with him leaving then the money he was being offered from the AFL.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
I hope that AFL team fails miserably and shrivels up and dies!

Status
Not open for further replies.