Make Your Predictions: Next 4 Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I recall a thread this time last year, asking how many games we would win with 4 very tough games ahead of us (St George, Melbourne, Brisbane, Newcastle).

I think we're at the same point this year. Ironically at the same time period.

Next four games:

- Parramatta Eels
- St George Illawarra
- Penrith Panthers
- Melbourne Storm

Once again, if we are going to be a force this year - we have to show what we are made of for these games. It's definitely not going to be easy considering our injury woes.

At the very minimum we need to win at least 2 of these 4 games (Parra game is a MUST WIN). St George, Penrith and Melbourne are red hot at the moment. I'm gonna make a prediction of 3 wins (loss to the Saints).

Of course we need to take each game one at a time, but will be interesting to see what comes out of it.

Thoughts? Predictions?

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
- Parramatta Eels LOSS
- St George Illawarra LOSS
- Penrith Panthers LOSS
- Melbourne Storm WIN

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
to be totally honest i think we need to win at least 3 of those games to be considered serious contenders this season but obviously we the loss of some key troops for afew weeks it will be a good test of character for us

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
- Parramatta Eels : WIN - A grinding win of less than 8 points.
- St George Illawarra : LOSS - We could use an injury or two to them.
- Penrith Panthers : WIN - They're hot but will lose players to SOO.
- Melbourne Storm : WIN - Mental fatigue will start taking it's toll here.

Best case scenario = 6 Wins, 1 Bye, 5 losses after these four.
Worst case scenario = 3 Wins, 1 Bye, 8 losses after these four.

SaMi..

SaMi..
Reaction score
- Parramatta Eels : WIN - A grinding win of less than 8 points.
- St George Illawarra : LOSS - We could use an injury or two to them.
- Penrith Panthers : WIN - They're hot but will lose players to SOO.
- Melbourne Storm : WIN - Mental fatigue will start taking it's toll here.

Best case scenario = 6 Wins, 1 Bye, 5 losses after these four.
Worst case scenario = 3 Wins, 1 Bye, 8 losses after these four.

I agree CK.

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Very hard to guess from here

I'd say 2 wins, Parra and Storm look the most likely games to win. Panthers hasnt exactly been an easy game for us in previous years

Costaki10

Bulldogs Army
Reaction score
parra win
steelers win
panthers loss
melbourne loss

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
Parra - Loss ( as much as it hurts to say)
Dragons - Loss
Panthers - Win
Storm - Win

P

Promiscuous

- Parramatta Eels - WIN
- St George Illawarra - WIN
- Penrith Panthers - LOSS
- Melbourne Storm - WIN

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
I recall a thread this time last year, asking how many games we would win with 4 very tough games ahead of us (St George, Melbourne, Brisbane, Newcastle).

I think we're at the same point this year. Ironically at the same time period.

Next four games:

- Parramatta Eels
- St George Illawarra
- Penrith Panthers
- Melbourne Storm

Once again, if we are going to be a force this year - we have to show what we are made of for these games. It's definitely not going to be easy considering our injury woes.

At the very minimum we need to win at least 2 of these 4 games (Parra game is a MUST WIN). St George, Penrith and Melbourne are red hot at the moment. I'm gonna make a prediction of 3 wins (loss to the Saints).

Of course we need to take each game one at a time, but will be interesting to see what comes out of it.

Thoughts? Predictions?
I wrote some stuff on another thread about the Dogs Round 11 game against Penrith. We play them on a Monday night up at CUA Stadium. Unfortunately, it is the game preceding the first State of Origin.

I believe we will be missing Ennis as Blues #9 and now a good chance to lose Kimmorley to the Blues #7 role (Mitchell Pearce apparently the frontrunner for #7 is now out for 4 weeks with a shoulder injury). Kimmorley has found some form and is the incumbent Blues #7. I think on current form we will also be missing Stagg to Queensland (remembering the incumbent QLD lock is Dallas Johnston who has gone to England).

Injury wise we will be missing Hannant (or he may be playing for QLD), Morris, Roberts and maybe Gordon (although hopefully not Gordon).

On the plus side we will have Paea back and perhaps Halatau.

Panthers minus Luke Lewis, Civoniceva, Jennings and maybe some chance Waterhouse (who went on Kangaroo tour in 2009 and is in some pretty good form).

It's a bit of a case of who has the better reserve strength for the Penrith v Dogs clash.

I think we really must win against Parrascum on Friday. Will do it tough against St Merge as we are down on numbers due to injury. Hopefully Storm will have run out of some steam by the time we play them.

The above tough run just illustrates how important it is to beat rubbish teams like Newcastle and Warriors because if you don't, you find yourself right where the Dogs are now.

My predictions - we'll beat the Scum, lose to St Merge, Penrith I can't decide until I see the team line ups and we'll beat Storm.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
All off season Ive been hoping for "revenge" against Eels and Dragons... Hoping for 2 wins there...

Personally I do see the Dragons as being very beatable this year... but it will take an extremely disciplined outfit to do it... We have more fire power then em...

Guard Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
if the senior players lift and the newer guys step up to the challenge i believe anything is possible oh and the right gameplan wouldn't hurt instead of 1 out footy if unsure
it would be nice to have some old "dogs of war" from the past go in the dressing sheds and inspire the team reminding them what it means to wear the bulldog jersey,maybe talk to the team about the glory days when they would rise to the challenge as underdogs....i might be asking a lot here though :grinning: but i'm staying positive

Status
Not open for further replies.