Jamal Idris Vs Willie Talau

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigboi22

Waterboy
Reaction score
All you old time bulldogs fans will remember Willie Talau. He played centre for the dogs for what seemed like 8 years or so. How do you think Idris compares to Talau? They are both slow, strong centres that use their size, strength and determination to get an advantage over their opponent.

Who is better at their best? Talau or Idris?

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't think we've seen idris' best yet but I'd have to say talau because he always seemed to step up against parra :P

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dude wtf idris is into his 2nd season lol

tempo

Pritteee Good
Reaction score
^and he's already better than Talau. Willie wasn't that good tbh. Now Idris v Vagana, that's a comparison worth having. Vagana would have it over him because he had agility and more pace. Idris is a steamroller but not as potent as Nigel.

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
Oh Willie Talau, one of my fave bulldog players of all time, used to love the guy lol

Also, its not a fair comparison, Idris just started and i dont think they are that similar, Idris is much more athletic then Willie was but i still love the guy

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
^and he's already better than Talau. Willie wasn't that good tbh. Now Idris v Vagana, that's a comparison worth having. Vagana would have it over him because he had agility and more pace. Idris is a steamroller but not as potent as Nigel.
How many seasons had Vagana had when he came to us though? Vagana was at his peek with us, barely did a thing after he left. Talau was a good centre, especially against the Broncos in 98. I will never forget the try he scored just after half time in the 98 GF that Harragan incorrectly ruled as a forward pass.

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
I think you have Willie Talau mixed up with Makasini Richter and Jamal Idris mixed up with Greg Inglis.

Jamal is no where near Willie Talau. Talau had it over Idris and probably still does in every department except being tall.

Idris has a very long way to go!!

luke

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
lol at old time supporters

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
atm talau >>>> daylight >>> idris

how can you compare someone who has just started pretty much to realise this potential, to someone who was a seasoned pro?

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
atm talau >>>> daylight >>> idris

how can you compare someone who has just started pretty much to realise this potential, to someone who was a seasoned pro?
Jamal wont start to realise his potential until he muscles up imo

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Who the fck is Willie Talau?

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Willie Talau had more of a complete game. Idris is still a developing youngster.

Bad time to make a comparison.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Willie Talau had more of a complete game. Idris is still a developing youngster.

Bad time to make a comparison.
hmmm im not really an old time bulldogs fan, so I think I might have to buy some DVD's and check out this Willie Talau guy. Sounds like he was an awesome player.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Surely you're joking, Moe.
What? No, I only really started following the dogs in around 04. Wasn't really big on footy before that.

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
willie talau debuted in the 98 season, coming through the morebank club, and he had an immediate impact which provided great enthusiasm on our march to the 1998 GF. he had a great combination with rocket Rod silva that year.

i honestly, think that, talau, and ben harris were both better centre than idris.. vagana was our best by miles or atleast is matched now by our current centre josh morris

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
Willie Talau = Timana Tahu in defense (the hits he puts on). Joseph Tomane reminds me of Talau in attack only not as good.

Status
Not open for further replies.