Fifa World Cup Draw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
tbh i think australia will surprise germany in the 1st game.

Whats interesting is if australia finish 2nd and england finish 1st in their respective groups, then they will meet each other and england better expect a rude shock!!! :p

ghana's real threat is essein and that bloke from milan, forgot his name. Other than that i think we can beat them but it wont be easy. Getting a point against Germany will be a massive plus also
you'll be lucky to get a point against germany, only way i see it happening would be perhaps 0-0. germany are in great form well coached, and strong in the air defensively which is pretty much australia's main attack

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
also australia have been able to outmuscle their asian opponents, which won't happen against germany or serbia

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
you'll be lucky to get a point against germany, only way i see it happening would be perhaps 0-0. germany are in great form well coached, and strong in the air defensively which is pretty much australia's main attack
true, but the style of play germany employs sortve suits Australia's defensive style. I can see a 0-0 score which will be very handy for australia's cause as i dont see serbia and ghana getting anything out of their germany games.

I also think its advantage australia playing germany 1st. If it comes down to the last game, id rather it be against 1 of them easier than harder teams lol esp if we need a win to progress

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
true, but the style of play germany employs sortve suits Australia's defensive style. I can see a 0-0 score which will be very handy for australia's cause as i dont see serbia and ghana getting anything out of their germany games.

I also think its advantage australia playing germany 1st. If it comes down to the last game, id rather it be against 1 of them easier than harder teams lol esp if we need a win to progress
i think you'd rather have that 1st win, perhaps start with ghana, then the momentum builds like what you had at 06. if you got dominated by germany it could affect the moral

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
i think you'd rather have that 1st win, perhaps start with ghana, then the momentum builds like what you had at 06
yeah there are pro's and con's to it i suppose. But if they manage a draw against them then that would be similar to a win against serbia or ghana.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
at least you're not in group g lol. in this group you're in with a chance, but will be hard

GATE7

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Greece= World football Super Power!

Let's check that world cup record again, 0 wins, 3 losses, 0 goals for and 10 against :p
Greece are former European champions who beat the hosts twice, they beat the favourites in the semis, they beat the holders in the quarters and they did so without any help from officials .

The history books never write the complex of some fans...what they will write is that they were european champions in 2004 so some of you will just have to lump it.... tha t will never change...... some of you will have to accept it.

And for or the complex ones who loathe teams succeeding by overachieving ...Greece unlike the Italians won their trophy fair and square and in the spirit of how the game should be played. The faggy Italians have a tarnished world Cup history...in the 1930's they won 2 world cups one of which was played in Italy with ring in Sth American players in their team and favourable ref decision all the way to the final in Milan. In 1982 they assed their way to the final with 3 draws in the first round going through only on goal difference and in 2006 we all saw Fabio Grosso's antics.

The truimph of antifootball is synonymous with the Italian national team, nobody ever has good things to say about them as "world Cup winners'"

These are the facts...ofcourse some of you dont like the facts. Just like the fact that the 1966 world cup that england "won" against germany in London was due to farcical refereeing.

Greece doesnt purport to be a big football superpower...nor do they get Brazilians and naturalize them as their own like the Portuguese, nor do they get Sth americans and naturalize them Italian . What Greece do is produce a decent national team even though their league is one of the weakest in europe and that suffices for me.
They punch above their weight and punch hard.

I guess some teams have heart and character as opposed to the ones that are shonky.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
i cant take you seriously because of that olympiakos avatar tbh

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
and ivory cost they seem to get the wrong end of the stick
ivory coast are a decent side imo...i honestly dont think they will be pushovers....its definately not an easy group....i just kinda feel bad for north korea rofl

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
ivory coast are a decent side imo...i honestly dont think they will be pushovers....its definately not an easy group....i just kinda feel bad for north korea rofl
i'm aware but last wc they got grouped the netherlands and argentina lol

Ryde Bulldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Greece are former European champions who beat the hosts twice, they beat the favourites in the semis, they beat the holders in the quarters and they did so without any help from officials .

The history books never write the complex of some fans...what they will write is that they were european champions in 2004 so some of you will just have to lump it.... tha t will never change...... some of you will have to accept it.

And for or the complex ones who loathe teams succeeding by overachieving ...Greece unlike the Italians won their trophy fair and square and in the spirit of how the game should be played. The faggy Italians have a tarnished world Cup history...in the 1930's they won 2 world cups one of which was played in Italy with ring in Sth American players in their team and favourable ref decision all the way to the final in Milan. In 1982 they assed their way to the final with 3 draws in the first round going through only on goal difference and in 2006 we all saw Fabio Grosso's antics.

The truimph of antifootball is synonymous with the Italian national team, nobody ever has good things to say about them as "world Cup winners'"

These are the facts...ofcourse some of you dont like the facts. Just like the fact that the 1966 world cup that england "won" against germany in London was due to farcical refereeing.

Greece doesnt purport to be a big football superpower...nor do they get Brazilians and naturalize them as their own like the Portuguese, nor do they get Sth americans and naturalize them Italian . What Greece do is produce a decent national team even though their league is one of the weakest in europe and that suffices for me.
They punch above their weight and punch hard.

I guess some teams have heart and character as opposed to the ones that are shonky.
You are talking about the same Greece that qualified through the skin of their teeth for this world cup?
The same Greece who so valiantly defended their Euro 2004 crown by going out in straight sets in last years tournament with the worst record out of any team in that tournament?

You bring up the 1934 world cup, and yes Italy did have South American's playing for them in that world cup, but if you had any knowledge of football you would also know that nearly every team in those times imported players.
It wasn't uncommon back then and you just have to look at one of the great players of all time for evidence of this in Alfredo Di Stefano who not only represented Spain but also represented Argentina and Colombia at international level in the 1950's.
Then there was Ferenc Puskás another considered a great in the game of football who not only represented his native Hungary but also played at senior national level for Spain.
Need I go on any more?

You want to talk down Italy's achievements in world football but you really have no idea what so ever. 1982 Italy might have scraped through the group but like a good wine they came good with age and were deserving winners.
In 2006 you bring up "Grosso's antics" of course the one eyed Australian media is going to paint it in a bad light but we all know there was definate contact and there was no way of avoiding the challenge. What you fail to mention is that Australia played the majority of the second half with a one man advantage due to a dubious decision by the referee to send of Marco Materazzi, but yeah let's turn a blind eye to the real facts.
If Australia were truly good enough they would have taken advantage of this situation, but they failed only amassing a total of 4 shots on goal for the whole game to Italy's 7 despite Australia holding 58% of possession.
Just face it Australia are not good enough just like Greece wont be good enough at this world cup, just like Greek club teams are never good enough in European competitions.

As far as corruption in World Cup's goes look no further then 2002 when South Korea were handed a path to the semis on a silver platter due to some of the most dubious refereeing ever witnessed in their games against Italy and Spain.

You are one seriously jealous individual, just remember the facts

Greece- 0 World Cups and may I mention 0 goals for and 10 against LOL!
1 Fluke win in the Euro's only to "defend" their crown by bowing out in straight sets in the 2008 tournament to eventual champions Spain and such European super powers as Sweeden and Russia LOL!

Italy- 4 World Cup wins, second only to the great Brazil and that could easily be reversed, remembering Brazil beat Italy in the '94 final on penalties which we all know are a lottery.

1- Euro Championship

Now you tell me who the better footballing nation is.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
we have a decent team, but just we are just short of the better ones, we should make it some tough games for our opposition

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
tbh i think australia will surprise germany in the 1st game.

Whats interesting is if australia finish 2nd and england finish 1st in their respective groups, then they will meet each other and england better expect a rude shock!!! :p

ghana's real threat is essein and that bloke from milan, forgot his name. Other than that i think we can beat them but it wont be easy. Getting a point against Germany will be a massive plus also
sulley muntari

Status
Not open for further replies.