The Fitness Thread

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thanks guys.
My legs only consists of leg press & calf raises on the leg press machine & leg extension at the moment
Ive had a few injuries lately
No squats? I hope your injuries are the only reason you aren't squatting.

N

Natboy

No squats? I hope your injuries are the only reason you aren't squatting.
The main reason but sell squats to me. What's so good about them? Will they aggravate a back/neck injury at all?
Cheers

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The main reason but sell squats to me. What's so good about them? Will they aggravate a back/neck injury at all?
Cheers
Far man thats a noob thing to say, ask any one that knows training squats are number 1 priority. Squats first, and everything else you're doing for legs is second. Squats is a compound fundamental exercise.

Will they aggravate a back/neck injury at all? No, not if you're doing correct formation and if it is aggravating I'd suggest speaking to a PT at your gym most of them should know how to correct your form.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not doing squats is like saying I'm not going to do any Bench presses and just to cable flys. Hope that makes sense.

N

Natboy

Well I can't bench press either. I'm lucky that I can still walk to be honest.
I have pretty strong legs but want to lose some flab. I'll start squats today. Thanks guys

dogkat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I can't bench press either. I'm lucky that I can still walk to be honest.
I have pretty strong legs but want to lose some flab. I'll start squats today. Thanks guys
Would be better to consult with your Dr/physio, who actually know what your injuries are, rather than people on the Kennel with no idea of your medical background.

N

Natboy

Would be better to consult with your Dr/physio, who actually know what your injuries are, rather than people on the Kennel with no idea of your medical background.
Haha yeah but if I listened to them I'd be 200kg sitting on the couch. No pain no gain ;)

dogkat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha yeah but if I listened to them I'd be 200kg sitting on the couch. No pain no gain ;)
True. But you don't want to aggravate your existing injuries to the extent that they can never be improved on, or in fact become worse.

Speak to a physio, find out what exercises are best for your legs, see what he/she thinks about squats, get them to check your form whilst performing those exercises, and then strike out on your own.

Simples. :grinning:

N

Natboy

Haha cheers. There is a lot to it. I'll sort it out
Btw I'm loving the MRI black powder. Feels a lot cleaner & gives me a heap of energy without that chemical feeling

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
i'm looking at losing some weight, what's recommended? i was either going to to a shortish jog with some sprinting exercises at a park or should i just go for a longer jog?

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
i'm looking at losing some weight, what's recommended? i was either going to to a shortish jog with some sprinting exercises at a park or should i just go for a longer jog?
Diet to lose weight

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
Thanks guys.
My legs only consists of leg press & calf raises on the leg press machine & leg extension at the moment
Ive had a few injuries lately
hey mate ive had 3 hernia operations so i have to be careful
i can 90 kg squats atm including the bar and i have chicken legs but i just do 80kgs to be safe
i do the following
12 x 40kgs ass to the ground warm up
12x 60kgs
12x 80 kgs
12 x 60 kgs
12 x 40 kgs ass to the ground

they could be the best thing for you at th gym

N

Natboy

hey mate ive had 3 hernia operations so i have to be careful
i can 90 kg squats atm including the bar and i have chicken legs but i just do 80kgs to be safe
i do the following
12 x 40kgs ass to the ground warm up
12x 60kgs
12x 80 kgs
12 x 60 kgs
12 x 40 kgs ass to the ground

they could be the best thing for you at th gym
Awesome. Thanks mate. I might start with body weight squats & see if I can lift my arms up high enough to put a bar on my shoulders

B

bulldogs_fan_69

Fix your diet first. Jog with intervals of sprints or sprinting exercises as you said, long distance jogging is boring.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
Fix your diet first. Jog with intervals of sprints or sprinting exercises as you said, long distance jogging is boring.
i've already fixed my diet a while ago, just needed some advice on exercise. cheers

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Won my powerlfiting competition today in the 105kg(bodyweight) class. Didn't get near my PB's on anything as I had a ****ed back and tendonitis in my right arm, but happy to win.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Good bro I use to have 1 of them and a packet of Twisties awesome pre-work out meal