The Fitness Thread

G

Gladiator.

okay well i dont know why the other thread closed, but anyway, this is a fitness thread, post up your goals, what your doing, your progress and your diets. tips and stuff would also be a great addition to the thread. i think its a good idea since there is quiet a few people here that train. doesnt necessarily have to be weights, can be cardio, aerobics, martial arts all that stuff.

heres a pretty good website which shows video demonstrations, really good for anyone that wants to have a look, this is where i learnt some of my cable excercises:
http://www.muscleandstrength.com/exercises/main.html

okay well today, training my back (upper and lower) and my biceps.

today's back excercises:

Wide Grip Machine Row - (12x warm up reps, 10x mid range reps, 6-8x max rep, 12x drop weight reps)
Seated Cable Row - (12x warm up reps, 10x mid range reps, 6-8x max rep, 12x drop weight reps)
Lat Pull Down - (12x warm up reps, 10x mid range reps, 6-8x max rep, 12x drop weight reps)
Hyper Extension (like a situp, but for your lower back) - My reps in this one remain constant at 10, but i add weights after every set, followed by a drop set.

bicep excercises:

Standing Barbell Curl - (12x warm up reps, 10x mid range reps, 6-8x max rep, 12x drop weight reps)
Seated Dumbell Curl - (12x warm up reps, 10x mid range reps, 6-8x max rep, 12x drop weight reps)
Wide Cable Curl - (12x warm up reps, 10x mid range reps, 6-8x max rep, 12x drop weight reps)
Standing Dumbell Curl - (12x warm up reps, 10x mid range reps, 6-8x max rep, 12x drop weight reps)

todays meals are:

- Bowl of 5 weetbix for breakie
- Some pasta + salad for lunch
- Grilled fish + salad for dinner
- fresh fruits inbetween as a snack

after breakfast and before lunch (before my workout), i'll have a slow release protein shake, and another before i go to sleep

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Celebrity slim diet- protein based, trying to cut out most unecessary carbs

Lost 13kg already, another 20 to go hopefully...although i doubt i could loose another 20 without losing my muscle mass

And ATM my exercise regime is treadmill- gradually building my ability to run for longer and when i get a cramp i just power walk to rest of it lol
And swimming, free hand weights and some pilates moves

Drinking lots of water

Im only one kg off being at my second big milestone to do with my weightloss...wooooo

xeno

xXxeno
Reaction score
okay well i dont know why the other thread closed, but anyway, this is a fitness thread, post up your goals, what your doing, your progress and your diets. tips and stuff would also be a great addition to the thread. i think its a good idea since there is quiet a few people here that train. doesnt necessarily have to be weights, can be cardio, aerobics, martial arts all that stuff.

heres a pretty good website which shows video demonstrations, really good for anyone that wants to have a look, this is where i learnt some of my cable excercises:
http://www.muscleandstrength.com/exercises/main.html

okay well today, training my back (upper and lower) and my biceps.

today's back excercises:

Wide Grip Machine Row - (12x warm up reps, 10x mid range reps, 6-8x max rep, 12x drop weight reps)
Seated Cable Row - (12x warm up reps, 10x mid range reps, 6-8x max rep, 12x drop weight reps)
Lat Pull Down - (12x warm up reps, 10x mid range reps, 6-8x max rep, 12x drop weight reps)
Hyper Extension (like a situp, but for your lower back) - My reps in this one remain constant at 10, but i add weights after every set, followed by a drop set.

bicep excercises:

Standing Barbell Curl - (12x warm up reps, 10x mid range reps, 6-8x max rep, 12x drop weight reps)
Seated Dumbell Curl - (12x warm up reps, 10x mid range reps, 6-8x max rep, 12x drop weight reps)
Wide Cable Curl - (12x warm up reps, 10x mid range reps, 6-8x max rep, 12x drop weight reps)
Standing Dumbell Curl - (12x warm up reps, 10x mid range reps, 6-8x max rep, 12x drop weight reps)

todays meals are:

- Bowl of 5 weetbix for breakie
- Some pasta + salad for lunch
- Grilled fish + salad for dinner
- fresh fruits inbetween as a snack

after breakfast and before lunch (before my workout), i'll have a slow release protein shake, and another before i go to sleep
I got a pretty good bicep workout if you have been at the gym a while. I like to call it the triple set of hell as it is easily the most painful exercise i have done.

You have a dumbells, straight bar and the easy bar.
The reps for each of these, is 6 x half reps and 4 x full reps. With the first two, dumbells and straight bar, you hold them putting your hands under the bar.
The easy bar you hold differently though, you have your hands over it with the back of your hands facing you.
You do these three exercises all in one go and for 3 sets.

That's my input

M

mofo sixx

Celebrity slim diet- protein based, trying to cut out most unecessary carbs

Lost 13kg already, another 20 to go hopefully...although i doubt i could loose another 20 without losing my muscle mass

And ATM my exercise regime is treadmill- gradually building my ability to run for longer and when i get a cramp i just power walk to rest of it lol
And swimming, free hand weights and some pilates moves

Drinking lots of water

Im only one kg off being at my second big milestone to do with my weightloss...wooooo
13 kgs is a huge amount to lose, well done

doesnt that celeb slim thing work as a meal replacement? ,\

so that makes me think when you stop using it, how do you keep the weight off?, its pretty pricey too right? like its about $39 a box, but now idea how long that lasts for

G

Gladiator.

I got a pretty good bicep workout if you have been at the gym a while. I like to call it the triple set of hell as it is easily the most painful exercise i have done.

You have a dumbells, straight bar and the easy bar.
The reps for each of these, is 6 x half reps and 4 x full reps. With the first two, dumbells and straight bar, you hold them putting your hands under the bar.
The easy bar you hold differently though, you have your hands over it with the back of your hands facing you.
You do these three exercises all in one go and for 3 sets.

That's my input
hmmm, i'll give it a go today actually, sounds bit complicated, had to re-read it.

ps kurry congrats on 13 kg :D it took me 1 year to lose 18kg

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
13 kgs is a huge amount to lose, well done

doesnt that celeb slim thing work as a meal replacement? ,\

so that makes me think when you stop using it, how do you keep the weight off?, its pretty pricey too right? like its about $39 a box, but now idea how long that lasts for
Cheers!

Yeah its expensive, but cheaper for a two week supply than the food i would have went out and bought at lunch times at work etc.
Two shakes replace two meals a day and u snack and have a main meal aswell.
there is a maintenance stage you can get to, where you only have one shake a day...but i will stop it completely.
Aslong as i eat properly and healthily im hoping most of the weight will stay off, especially if i stay dedicated in exercise.

My body wouldnt be healthy living on protein shakes and celery for a long period of time lol...

p.s- $56 for a two week supply

G

Gladiator.

year 10 i would get picked on for my size, at 160cm weighing 85kg, so as my new years resolution i go fark it, all that weights coming off, fast forward to november last year, 169cm weighing at 67kg, now im 170cm weighting in at 71kg

M

mofo sixx

Cheers!

Yeah its expensive, but cheaper for a two week supply than the food i would have went out and bought at lunch times at work etc.
Two shakes replace two meals a day and u snack and have a main meal aswell.
there is a maintenance stage you can get to, where you only have one shake a day...but i will stop it completely.
Aslong as i eat properly and healthily im hoping most of the weight will stay off, especially if i stay dedicated in exercise.

My body wouldnt be healthy living on protein shakes and celery for a long period of time lol...

p.s- $56 for a two week supply
but your not buying food?? ,

dont you miss eating food tho???
, i could prolly cut out one meal, like lunch but i would be lost without the other 2

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
year 10 i would get picked on for my size, at 160cm weighing 85kg, so as my new years resolution i go fark it, all that weights coming off, fast forward to november last year, 169cm weighing at 67kg, now im 170cm weighting in at 71kg
But you're looking really good now dagger!
Good work :grinning:

but your not buying food?? ,

dont you miss eating food tho???
, i could prolly cut out one meal, like lunch but i would be lost without the other 2
Nah my parents buy food and my mum will make dinner...if they get takeaway or eat a heavy pasta meal or fried up bacon or something ill just skip it and make a salad or have an apple or something.
Although i must admit i do cheat abit nowdays :p
The first few weeks i was sooo strict and the weight fell off, now ive eased up a bit.

You get used to not eating, and it makes enjoying the one main meal even better :grinning:

Plus the shakes are yum and they fill me up. Although i DO miss going out and gorging on a pub meal with mates...so i do that only very rarely now. :grinning:

Your Mum

Jorgie
Reaction score
i put on 300 grams this week and it was my first week of the biggest loser challenge. im just a loser for the being the only one who put on weight in the office. I have a bad week i binge. I binge on purpose i know im doing it but its a compulsion i cant control. Because stress and depression FUK ME OVER. the end.

G

Gladiator.

lol this is a crack up pic, every time i see it im like wtf is going on with my hair, this is like 1 month ago

View attachment 12770

Last edited by a moderator:

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i put on 300 grams this week and it was my first week of the biggest loser challenge. im just a loser for the being the only one who put on weight in the office. I have a bad week i binge. I binge on purpose i know im doing it but its a compulsion i cant control. Because stress and depression FUK ME OVER. the end.
Binging is my problem too.

Whether im stoned or upset over a guy, i just dont give a **** about the diet anymore because lollies and KFC taste better.

:(

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
Ugh this thread has reminded me how **** I've been over the xmas period. I've drunk so much beer over the last 2 months - 4 mates bdays, 4 family bdays, xmas, new years, summernats....I need to stop drinking lol

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Slash : What's the theory with drop-weight reps ??? (Ie: benefits)