Kanye West and That T-Pain Sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am really starting to get pissed off with this. He originally only used it for verses on other peoples songs, but know Kanye is using that voice altering affect for all his bloody songs.

IMO he is steeling T-pains thunder lol. I was listening to a song and half way through i thought i was listening to pain before quickly releasing again it was just Kanye.

While on topic listen to this song where T-pain disses other rappers for mimicing him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eO3NkuxZfUo

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
is that the straw in the mouth thing whatever the **** its called?

M

MikeyP..

Well, he is basically using it for most of his songs in his new album "808's & heartbreak". Just don't expect him to rap in any of his songs for his next album. Imo, he is using the vocoder cos he enjoys using it. As for him using it in all of songs? nope, he only used it so far for 4 of HIS songs. So i wouldnt say he is abusing it.

Plus, there were MANY rappers that used it before Kanye, even before T-Pain. Think of snoop dogg, Nate dogg and a bunch of other artists.

Kanye abuses the crap out of it though, have you heard love lockdown?
*facepalm*
You really don't listen to much Lil Wayne, do you?

~MC~

untouchable
Reaction score
I effing hate T-Pain and I wish Kanye would stop doing it because he is great enough without it.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
LOL no i dont, i can't stand Lil Wayne, he sounds like a lil Weasel

M

MikeyP..

LOL no i dont, i can't stand Lil Wayne, he sounds like a lil Weasel
Well then you cant really say "Kanye abuses the crap out of it though" when T-wayne uses the vocoder as much as kanye does.

this is more of a whinge thread than a proper discussion so yeah.

[/thread]

roc-a-fella

Not impressed..
Reaction score
yeah i agree love lockdown is f'n ridiculous. He is way better than that BS if 808s is gonna be him trying to sing on auto tune all day im gonna be pissed!

K

kennyy

Whats the one where i think its kanye then wayne comes in towards and it sounds like someone is strangling him

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
Kanye West is just trying something different unlike most other rappers that just stick to the some club banger songs etc. Kanye is showing he can evolve and try new things which people might not like but alot will, i like to see artists try new things and i applaud Kanye for doing this, some songs sound good, his song "Heartless" is awesome, and yeh his new album will be all like this but well see how he goes

::JuSt-BLaZe::

`ashley.
Reaction score
yeah i agree love lockdown is f'n ridiculous. He is way better than that BS if 808s is gonna be him trying to sing on auto tune all day im gonna be pissed!
I love it. :uptight:

His next album is not going to be very mainstream, he's headed in a totally new direction so alot of people aren't going to be feeling it but meh. I'm pumped for it, the 4 songs that have leaked are awesome.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
LOL i hope this doesnt take off. Disgrace to hip hop.

roc-a-fella

Not impressed..
Reaction score
love lockdown. crap.
heartless. doo doo
rappers trying to sing. *farts*

long live college dropout!

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How can it be a disgrace to hip hop when it ISNT a hip hop album? even Kanye himself said it isnt a hip hop album.
Every knob who associates him to hip hop is also a knob. Doesnt everyone call him a rap superstar etc?

M

MikeyP..

Every knob who associates him to hip hop is also a knob. Doesnt everyone call him a rap superstar etc?
*facepalm* Do you even know what hip hop is? He influenced hip hop, he made sampling more popular and made sped up samples more mainstream, through his music as well as jay-z's. Plus all the other stuff he did, which i cbf'd naming.

People who cant find the links between kanye and hip hop are just plain ignorant.

As for a rap superstar? ummm not sure about that..:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
*facepalm* Do you even know what hip hop is? He influenced hip hop, he made sampling more popular and made sped up samples more mainstream, through his music as well as jay-z's. Plus all the other stuff he did, which i cbf'd naming.

People who cant find the links between kanye and hip hop are just plain ignorant.

As for a rap superstar? ummm not sure about that..:confused:
lmao so he has influenced the downfall of hip hop in recent years. Excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.