Reaction score
this is the team that i would put out:

--------------------------cech----------------------------------------

jo bos-----------ivanovic/jt/alex (2 from 3) ---------------cashley

----------------------essien/mikel-----------------------------------
kalou-------------------lamps ---------------? ------------------malouda

--------------whoever we sign----------------------drogba-------
It will be good to see bosingwa back and hopefully essien stays injury free too
i cant see Torres coming to chelsea...he always said he wuldnt play against liverpool...but then again their is no champions league for them....we all no what torres is capable of when hes not injured.....id love to see him next to Rooney (but 99% will never happen)

Hibs

Leith San Siro
Reaction score
Well here we are the first pre season friendly against Crystal Palace on Saturday, only 6 days after the World Cup Final, blinding!

Hibs

Leith San Siro
Reaction score
Beat Palace 1-0 courtesy of a Michael Essien goal, glad that he seems fit again.

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
Beat Palace 1-0 courtesy of a Michael Essien goal, glad that he seems fit again.

a Fit Essien is 1 of the best in the premier league....u will need him this season to win back to back....but United are coming for u!

Hibs

Leith San Siro
Reaction score
a Fit Essien is 1 of the best in the premier league....u will need him this season to win back to back....but United are coming for u!

yeah having essien back = signing a new player.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Essien is a superb player. Well worth his big fee in my opinion. What a central midfield Lyon used to have, Essien and Mamadou Diarra. Tough as fck.

Hibs

Leith San Siro
Reaction score
Essien is a superb player. Well worth his big fee in my opinion. What a central midfield Lyon used to have, Essien and Mamadou Diarra. Tough as fck.

Yeah, one of the players that has definitely justified his pricetag.

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
i give the award for worst transfer ever to CHELSH*T.....yossi for cole...........FAIL

Hibs

Leith San Siro
Reaction score
i give the award for worst transfer ever to CHELSH*T.....yossi for cole...........FAIL
No, Cole has had his day, he is not fast enough to play as a winger, cant shoot from outside the box and is very injury prone.

Trust me getting rid of Cole is no big deal he barely played at all last season and thanks to the form of Malouda and Kalou he is surplus to requirements.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It all came down to wages. He wanted 100K a week but Chelsea told him to go jump.

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
It all came down to wages. He wanted 100K a week but Chelsea told him to go jump.
and the scousers said yeh no worries to him....LOL im suprised he'd rather play in europa ...but obviously the rest of the clubs werent offering what loserpool did

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yossi Benayoun is a very good player. Probably better than Cole and on a lot less in terms of wages, around 50k I believe, whereas Cole was asking for 80k. So Chelsea have made a good move here. Not to mention Cole's lack of form as a result of a long term injury.

No, Cole has had his day, he is not fast enough to play as a winger, cant shoot from outside the box and is very injury prone.

Trust me getting rid of Cole is no big deal he barely played at all last season and thanks to the form of Malouda and Kalou he is surplus to requirements.
I agree. Cole is a very good and very gifted player, but he needs to move on now I think to somewhere he can guarantee his spot and positional desires, he stated that he wants to play more centrally, something that Chelsea cannot really offer in their formation.

He wanted 80k I believe and Chelsea were not willing to offer that nor can they fulfil his positional demands so a move was pretty imminent for Cole if he wanted both the wages and to play centrally.

and the scousers said yeh no worries to him....LOL im suprised he'd rather play in europa ...but obviously the rest of the clubs werent offering what loserpool did
Like I said, it was also a footballing decision, not just wage wise, and why would you pass up the chance to sign a player of Cole's quality when you are Liverpool and rather scant in that department for noted performers and having already let Benayoun go the other way.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Gladiator, I heard 100K. He went to Liverpool because they came the closest with 90K.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gladiator, I heard 100K. He went to Liverpool because they came the closest with 90K.
Sorry, I got it a bit mixed up and off. Apparently, apparently, it was actually more than 100k. He was already on 80k I believe, and he wanted 30k on top of that. Fck these ****s earn a lot of money.

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
Sorry, I got it a bit mixed up and off. Apparently, apparently, it was actually more than 100k. He was already on 80k I believe, and he wanted 30k on top of that. Fck these ****s earn a lot of money.
earn way too much money lol...is that 110k a week? ggeeeez

MeskBrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Benfica star Ramires chooses Chelsea over Man City

Benfica midfielder Ramires will join Chelsea next week in a £20 million deal, according to ESPNsoccernet sources.

Carlo Ancelotti wants the defensive midfield player having lost two experienced stars this summer in Joe Cole and Michael Ballack. Deco is expected to follow with only Liverpool's Yossi Benayoun coming in so far.

Ramires is now heading for Stamford Bridge with the deal virtually done and expected to be finalised in the next few days.

Ramires, 23, was one of the big successes of Brazil's World Cup campaign as they reached the quarter-finals in South Africa. Dunga, who was ousted as coach after the country's exit, stressed that Ramires was badly missed after suspension ruled him out of the 2-1 defeat by Netherlands.

Ramires is also wanted by Manchester City, who are ready to outbid Chelsea, but a source said: "He has opted to go to Chelsea, and the deal can be done in the next couple of days, certainly by next week."

Benfica president Luis Filipe Vieira has met with intermediaries representing both Chelsea and Manchester City, but the player has chosen to move to the reigning Premier League champions. Bayern Munich and Barcelona have also been linked with the player but the two English clubs have the financial resources to make the deal happen.

Ramires said recently: "My agent has told me that a number of clubs are interested in signing me, but this didn't surprise me. We all know that the World Cup is the perfect stage to prove your worth.

"One good game could be enough to attract the interest of a big club. I don't know the names of the clubs that are after me, but it would be a dream for me to play for a big club such as Barcelona, Real Madrid or Chelsea."

MeskBrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Higuain: Real Madrid expecting Cole arrival

Gonzalo Higuain says Real Madrid are "very confident" about signing Ashley Cole and says the Chelsea left back will face less intrusion into his private life if he does move to Spain.

Cole has been strongly linked with a move to Real following their appointment of Joe Mourinho, his former manager at Chelsea. It is also reported that Cole's strained relationship with the English press and public could convince him to leave Stamford Bridge.

It is a possibility that both Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti and chairman Bruce Buck have been quick to dismiss in recent days, but Real do not appear to have been deterred in their pursuit of Cole.

Higuain fully expects Cole to reunite with Mourinho at the Bernabeu and believes a transfer would be beneficial both from a personal and professional perspective.

"At Madrid, Cole's football will make all the headlines, not his private life. I think that will be a big incentive for him," Higuain said in The Sun.

"I have spoken with a couple of senior players who the club confide in and they are very confident that we will sign him in the next few weeks. The vibe around the training ground is that the deal will be done. All the players are very excited about his arrival.

"It does not surprise me that Chelsea say he is not for sale. If you have a player who is the best in the world in his position then you do everything you can to try to keep him. But when Madrid want a player we usually get our man.

"I was speaking with Cristiano Ronaldo and he told me Cole is the toughest defender he has ever played against. So if Ashley Cole decides he wants to join the greatest club in the world and play for his old friend Jose Mourinho again, then I am sure the transfer will go through before the start of the season."

-------------------------------

hopefully he goes

MeskBrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ashley Cole Issues Come-And-Get-Me Plea To Real Madrid After Telling Chelsea He Wants Out - Report

Chelsea defender Ashley Cole has told Carlo Ancelotti he wants to leave the club this summer in order to be reunited with former mentor Jose Mourinho at Real Madrid.
Aug 1, 2010 10:00:00 AM

According to the News of the World, Cole had a 20-minute talk with Ancelotti at Chelsea's training ground last week.

The 29-year-old is thought to have told the former AC Milan coach that he feels he needs to leave Stamford Bridge and move abroad following a series of stories about his personal life in the media spotlight.

A source close to Chelsea told Sport of the World: "It was a very amicable meeting, but Ashley [Cole] made it clear that because of his personal situation he feels it is in his best interests to leave the club.

"He told [Carlo] Ancelotti that he will be very sad to leave and that it had been a privilege playing for the club during such a successful time in its history."

Spanish giants Madrid have been tracking for the England left-back for some time and are now poised to make a £25 million bid.

Ancelotti is believed to have been sympathetic to Cole's position, but does not want him to leave.

The source added: "Ashley was told that he would have to go and see the chairman, which he hasn't done yet and he has not handed in a formal transfer request.

"He knows Ancelotti wants him to stay, but he feels that moving abroad is the only way he can escape the attention after what happened with Cheryl and the other stories about his private life."

Cole's agent David Manasseh said: "I have no comment to make."

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
They still havent learnt their lessons from 2 years ago...

Like under Scolari... Chelsea playing their best football and demolishing teams at the start of the season and as soon as they played Liverpool at home and lost through a Xabi Alonso goal... they went into a decline in that season.

It seems under Ancelotti this season... it is another case of deja vu... Dominating the season at the start by demolishing teams but this time they play away to Liverpool and lose 2-0 and from their they havent looked like they have recovered...

Sitting in 3rd place after drawing 1-1 against Everton

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You would have a point, Ozman, if Chelsea didn't f*cking rip the league to shreds last year, scoring over 100 goals in 38 games.

The problem is their squad depth, it's not good enough, and it's showing.