Steve Folkes on 2UE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogzkill4eva

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tonga might be in the team on Saturday Just heard (I hope He Is)

Last edited by a moderator:

dogz06

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
some peole were doubting that folkes liked what he saw in tsolous against the dragons. So i guess he is playing this weekend, which im very happy about

RAMBO

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
haztrick nice summary dude thanks for that... Cant wait for the week end

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
some peole were doubting that folkes liked what he saw in tsolous against the dragons. So i guess he is playing this weekend, which im very happy about
Tsoulos goes hard and if he stays fit and injury free hes a great buy!!! can't wait to see him in the blue and white this season...

Deception_2112

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hickey had a good game? Man Folkes please take off those favouritism glasses PLEASE....

Holdsworth did jackall in the second trial except place a few kicks, that is not a mark of playing well, but i suppose Folkes calls mediocre as good

bulldogruss

est.1980
Reaction score
Hickey had a good game? Man Folkes please take off those favouritism glasses PLEASE....

Holdsworth did jackall in the second trial except place a few kicks, that is not a mark of playing well, but i suppose Folkes calls mediocre as good
Maybe they did all that was asked of them in the trial. I think that Roberts and Holdsworth worked well in 2nd trial, and both balanced the control well. Obviously coach is thinking something along the same lines.

Deception_2112

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe they did all that was asked of them in the trial. I think that Roberts and Holdsworth worked well in 2nd trial, and both balanced the control well. Obviously coach is thinking something along the same lines.
One average game ain't great; Folkes obviously sees something in Holdsworth the rest of us don't, he is useless, he had a boom debutant season because we had the greatest forward pack in the comp, he will not replicate that this year and he failed miserably last year.

I'll wait till gameday to judge our halves, but Folkes' persistence with the same old things bolds ill for the 'Dogs; he has seriously lost his way. Spark and risk-taking is what we need now....

Groom needs to be there...

Not to mention i don't think he'll pick Winitana or Nanai to replace Millard..

bulldogruss

est.1980
Reaction score
One average game ain't great; Folkes obviously sees something in Holdsworth the rest of us don't, he is useless, he had a boom debutant season because we had the greatest forward pack in the comp, he will not replicate that this year and he failed miserably last year.

I'll wait till gameday to judge our halves, but Folkes' persistence with the same old things bolds ill for the 'Dogs; he has seriously lost his way. Spark and risk-taking is what we need now....

Groom needs to be there...

Not to mention i don't think he'll pick Winitana or Nanai to replace Millard..

Again, judging a trial like you are isn't the best way. You have no idea what orders / instructions they were given and what Folkes was looking for out of them.

You can have your opinions but sides aren't picked just on potential. More to coaching than seeing highlights packages and picking kids and throwing them in the NRL. Time will tell if Folkes is good enough for the job moving forward, not us that judge off two trial games.

Terry Mortimer

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I was waiting for Alexander or Gibbs to ask about Groome and Barba. They obviously dont know enough about Juniors (either that or we are just hyping them up)..Id really like to hear Folkes's comments on them 2

Deception_2112

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Again, judging a trial like you are isn't the best way. You have no idea what orders / instructions they were given and what Folkes was looking for out of them.

You can have your opinions but sides aren't picked just on potential. More to coaching than seeing highlights packages and picking kids and throwing them in the NRL. Time will tell if Folkes is good enough for the job moving forward, not us that judge off two trial games.
Ye but if you look at it in another perspective, the fact Folkes didn't give Winitana and Bott a run till the last 20 minutes does say something...

We'll just see the team lists tomorrow and how the team goes in Rd1...

Not to mention Groom has outperformed Holdsworth in the trial before, and in Premier League; Holdsworth was a piece of crap there..

bulldogruss

est.1980
Reaction score
Ye but if you look at it in another perspective, the fact Folkes didn't give Winitana and Bott a run till the last 20 minutes does say something...

We'll just see the team lists tomorrow and how the team goes in Rd1...

Not to mention Groom has outperformed Holdsworth in the trial before, and in Premier League; Holdsworth was a piece of crap there..
You can look at it from many perspectives, and when people have an opinion they think is right they will use those perspectives in favour of those arguments. Things could be said as to why he is preferring Holdsworth over Groom as well but without an open mind they wont mean anything to people who want there opinion to be right.

Deception_2112

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I suppose...

I'm just going to say one more thing..

SMASH THOSE PARRASCUM DOGGIES...

Regardless of the team picked tomoz...our backrow will do the job, its hard to imagine how we kept such an amazing backrow throughout these past few years.

bulldogruss

est.1980
Reaction score
No problem. Yeah, it was pretty stock standard. I would have liked for them to ask about the juniors, Groom, SG Ball etc.
Generally only dogs fans would be interested in that. You would find that Folkesy wont want to talk too much about specific juniors especially if they havent cracked grade yet. Was always protective of SBW and i dont see things changing there.

Status
Not open for further replies.