reni matuia in trouble now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BULLDOG GEORGE

Reni Maitua on benderArticle

THE manager of errant Bulldogs player Reni Maitua last night vehemently denied the tough forward missed training yesterday because he wanted out of Belmore.

Maitua faces a showdown with coach Steve Folkes today after missing a club training session after a heavy weekend of partying.

Maitua's no-show was perceived by some ex-Bulldogs players as a show of contempt for the club, but his manager Gavin Orr ridiculed suggestions his client might be trying to follow Willie Mason out of Belmore and to a rival club.

There have been suggestions Mason orchestrated his drama with the Bulldogs to get out of his contract so he could head to Bondi.

"That's not the case with Reni," Orr said. "I have spoken to him about these suggestions before. It was said he wanted to go to Souths and that the Dragons were chasing him.

"But he has backed the club 100 per cent. Reni is happy at the Bulldogs. There were reports he wanted out but that was never the case.

"He still has two years left on his contract at the Bulldogs and he will be honouring that."

As punishment for missing yesterday morning's session, Maitua was embarrassingly dragged in yesterday afternoon to train with the Bulldogs' part-time squad.

Maitua, 25, was due at Belmore at 7am but did not appear - angering coaching staff members.

The Daily Telegraph understands Maitua's weekend bender began at Bulldogs skipper Andrew Ryan's bucks day at Woolloomooloo.

He backed up at the well-known Eastern Suburbs bar and restaurant Ravesi's on Sunday night and was spotted at Kings Cross around 4am yesterday "holding up traffic".

Despite Maitua's absence from training at Belmore, Bulldogs chief executive Malcolm Noad denied it was another sign of player unrest.

Noad said Folkes and Maitua would talk today before any disciplinary action was taken, but he would not comment on suggestions Maitua did not attend training because he was either heavily hungover yesterday morning or still drunk from his weekend activities.

"Reni didn't train and I'm sure the coach will be speaking to him," Noad said. "It is disappointing."

Asked what penalty Maitua, a former Test player who has also represented City Origin, would face, Noad said: "That's up to the coach. I haven't spoken to Steve (Folkes) much today about this. Steve did though inform me that Reni didn't show up to training in the morning.

"It will be up to Steve. I'm sure he will address it adequately and appropriately. It's a football matter."

With Mason now at the Roosters, Bulldogs fans had hoped discipline would improve. But Maitua's actions will damage that perception.

Asked did his club have a discipline problem, Noad simply said: "No.

"Training has been great and the attitude has been fantastic."

Orr said of the likelihood of Maitua being disciplined: "I have spoken to Malcolm Noad and he has put the issue in Steve Folkes' hands. He said if there was any disciplinary issue, then action would be taken.

"Reni will speak to Steve and I will be told if any action is to be taken."

Maitua had gone to ground yesterday and could not be contacted - not even by his manager.

"I can't raise Reni. Until I speak with my client, I don't want to say too much more," Orr said.

It's the latest in a series of misdemeanours by Maitua stretching back over several seasons.

In July, Bulldogs players admitted they had drinking problems by banning themselves from Kings Cross nightclubs after several incidents, including Maitua being dragged away from bouncers.

CCTV footage at the time showed a drunken Maitua in a fiery exchange with security staff at the front door of Dragonfly, a trendy Kings Cross nightclub.

DoGs_R_dA_BeSt™

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
slowly slowly all our team will b introuble and we will eventually have no fuccken team

(((((SMACK)))))

Jados Boutros
Reaction score
Show him the door. This kind of disrespect for the team and his club has to stop now. Off you go Reni...........

bullfrog_rip

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
so, he gets in trouble for missing training after a bender........
then he probably gets fined......
then he disagrees with management about the fine and starts trouble....
then he seeks a release, the club grants it......and......
he then goes to the roosters to play with his mates.....

will it happen? will it not? i dont know but this is getting ridiculous.... no other team gets in the paper....looks like they are all hibernating, and only the dogs are awake....

B

BULLDOG GEORGE

these players need to go to work and get busy and all this rubbish will stop.

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
Is he even injured?

Anyway this is becoming ridiculous the majority of our team will either end up at Bondi or at the Rabbitohs. I think the club in previous years has let the players be more free and players were not hammered so much for their actions in the past, and know that they are trying to put them in order it stinks for the players.

When is the club expected to talk to him, because hopefully it doesn't drag on like the Mason incident. What Maitua's manager is saying isn't making much sense how can you be happy at your team, back your team 100% like he says and not even turn up to training which is a priority not an option, and then again asked to appear and still not turn up. Either his manager doesn't know whats going on or he is covering up for him.

Last edited by a moderator:

bdogfan

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Show him the door... enough is enough

I'm sure the rabbits will snap him up.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
7am Monday is a bit early for a cashed up footy player in the offseason near Christmas, I hope they go easy on him.

tyl0r

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the club is slowly falling apart... The players are a disgrace... Im sick of waking up in the morning hearing some rubbish about the bulldogs in turmoil again... Im sick of it... I don't care if we suck next year get rid of all the players with issues and bring in players with pride in the jersey and respect for fellow players and fans!

Izy

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Reni can fuc*k off too for all I care. Get rid of all the pretty boys. IMO

80fic...

you lot wouldn't be saying this if it was SBW who missed training

farenhyt

Kennel Established
Reaction score
noone knows the full story not even his manager. All we hear iis rubbish and everyone always believes it. Give him the benefit of the doubt, not even his manager knows whats going on. Stop being so quick to jump to sack our players.

Ive also heard from an Under 20's player, that since MAson left, Reni has never been happier and more keen to work hard for the team. How about we just react to what we know, not what we speculate hey

Izy

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score

80fic...

noone knows the full story not even his manager. All we hear iis rubbish and everyone always believes it. Give him the benefit of the doubt, not even his manager knows whats going on. Stop being so quick to jump to sack our players.

Ive also heard from an Under 20's player, that since MAson left, Reni has never been happier and more keen to work hard for the team. How about we just react to what we know, not what we speculate hey

Good point, trial by media sucks.

let folkes make the decisions he will be the one speaking to reni,

80fic...

It is only big news because Reni plays for the bulldogs, this sh1t sells newspapers, if he played for the tigers no-one would care. Sheens would punish him the club would get over it WAH WAH. everyone moves on

Status
Not open for further replies.