Your story as a fan ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
what is dragons tv ? ive heard of it before, never really understood the concept

fill me in babe ?
Behind the scenes interviews, training sessions, video-blogs, packaged highlights from home games, interactive streaming, video archives, blah, blah, blah ... We do occasional videos "Hit em up with Hodgo" but by and large they have taken the idea and run with it early !

Big Nick

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. What age/year do you remember starting your support ?
It would have been 1984/1985.

2. Who influenced you most ?
No one. Watching the 1984 Grand Final I wanted to pick a team to support before the final whistle. I didn't want to pick the team after the game cause I would have picked the winner. (Thank F@#$ for that, could have been a Para supporter).

3. Who influenced them ?
See above.

4. If you remove one thing to make life easier (for other Bulldogs fans), what would you change ?
Ray Hadley from the radio. Seriously, reading a alleged victim's statement live on air before the matter is properly investigated....media hore. (2004 rape allegations.)

5. If you introduce one thing to make life easier (for other Bulldogs fans), what would you change ?
All Bulldogs games on free to air tv.

6. What irks you most about being a Bulldogs fan ?
Piss poor media reporting. See point 4.
The idiots that damage the trains.

7. What pleases you most about being a Bulldogs fan ?
How I can get under the skin of the rorters and St Mearge supporters.

8. In great detail : What challenges do you face being a Bulldogs fan ?
None.

Is it family members from other teams ? Give as good as I get.
Is it workmates who sledge you daily ? Same answer.
Is it schoolmates who give you grief ? I can't remember that far back.
Is it your neighbours ? Parra supporter, so no.
Is it your neighbourhood ? Nah.
Does work/where you live/life committments/health issues keep you from doing as much as you can ? Yeah shift worker so getting to games can be a pain.

Karat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Since I can remember....always have supported the bulldogs, and when I was a kid I used to cry when they lost (still do) lol

My uncle who lives in Belmore gave me a bulldogs jersey when I was a kid and ever since then I have supported them

3. Who influenced them ?
Well he lives in Belmore around the corner from BSG, and I guess the support came from being a local.

4. If you remove one thing to make life easier (for other Bulldogs fans), what would you change ?
The Coffs Harbour incident or salary cap scandal

5. If you introduce one thing to make life easier (for other Bulldogs fans), what would you change ?
the food and drink prices at the games....

Nothing really, I love it that we are a hated club.......but probably the negative media attention we received over the years, and how minor incidents at games become huge news.

proud history and strong club

Having alot of cousins that are parra fans is probably the biggest challenge, especially over the years when they have had the wood on us......also my mother in law is a dragons supporter and still gives me crap about them winning the grand final.
Also, recently i became a father, therefore I will find it hard to go to alot of games

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
1. What age/year do you remember starting your support ? The day I was born- dad went for them so I was always destined to go for them too
2. Who influenced you most ? Dad
3. Who influenced them ? Watching the Mortimers play
4. If you remove one thing to make life easier (for other Bulldogs fans), what would you change ? years like last year
5. If you introduce one thing to make life easier (for other Bulldogs fans), what would you change ? ?????
6. What irks you most about being a Bulldogs fan ? The clowns who claim to be bulldogs supporters who give us a bad name by causing trouble resulting in the the statement "oh one of those people" when I tell them I support the dogs
7. What pleases you most about being a Bulldogs fan ? The passion and commitment of fans
8. In great detail : What challenges do you face being a Bulldogs fan ? 7 people in my family- me and dad go for the dogs the rest of the family go for the dragqueens (my brother was unbearable when they won last year

Is it family members from other teams ? Yep
Is it workmates who sledge you daily ? Yep
Is it schoolmates who give you grief ? Nup
Is it your neighbours ? Nup
Is it your neighbourhood ? Nup
Does work/where you live/life committments/health issues keep you from doing as much as you can ? Hell No

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
1. What age/year do you remember starting your support ? Ever since I can remember. My brothers fed it into me as a toddler
2. Who influenced you most ? My brothers, especially the eldest. He'd teach me everything I needed to know.
3. Who influenced them ? My Dad, who raised them in the area - and my Uncle, who would take them to Belmore.
4. If you remove one thing to make life easier (for other Bulldogs fans), what would you change ? The salary cap, we'd win it every year!!
5. If you introduce one thing to make life easier (for other Bulldogs fans), what would you change ? Loyalty from players
6. What irks you most about being a Bulldogs fan ? The opposition supporters and the stereotype they associate with the club
7. What pleases you most about being a Bulldogs fan ? I truely believe I support the best club in the NRL, and it was no bandwagon! I was destined to support this great club!

8. In great detail : What challenges do you face being a Bulldogs fan ? Being a successful club, it's extremely difficult dealing with the tough times. No greater example of this than in recent years, especially 2010. A club like South Sydney can appreciate just being in the comp after almost being kicked out almost 10 years ago. But when you are looked up to as one of the greatest clubs and accomplish so little, both on and off the field, when you are expected to perform, it's tough to deal with and makes you question. At the same time it does strengthen your loyalty to the club and makes the successful times even sweeter.

Is it family members from other teams ? Meh, I stick it to them!
Is it workmates who sledge you daily ? Meh
Is it schoolmates who give you grief ? Meh
Is it your neighbours ? Meh
Is it your neighbourhood ? Meh!! I am proud!
Does work/where you live/life committments/health issues keep you from doing as much as you can ? It can at times, but I've been very fortunant over the years not to have anything hinder me from supporting my team. I'll be working overseas over the next few years, which will make supporting the team a lot harder! I'm going from attending 90% of all games every year to attending none to 5% of games a year. Tough pill to swallow! Appreciate that you have this team to support. You don't know what you got til it's gone!

Moodey

Unknown
Reaction score
1. What age/year do you remember starting your support ? 1998, meaning I was 8
2. Who influenced you most ? Older brother
3. Who influenced them ?He was always a crazy Dogs fan but he tells me their grit and strength influenced him
4. If you remove one thing to make life easier (for other Bulldogs fans), what would you change ? ANZ Stadium is far too big
5. If you introduce one thing to make life easier (for other Bulldogs fans), what would you change ? Ticket prices
6. What irks you most about being a Bulldogs fan ? The stereotype which has been generated by the media coverage. Not everybody is bad.
7. What pleases you most about being a Bulldogs fan ? The sheer passion that I see performed by other people plus the club has done well in it's past.
8. In great detail : What challenges do you face being a Bulldogs fan ? I love that I live in the Parramatta area and can wear my jersey proudly and be scorned by Parrascum supporters. It doesn't phase me one bit. Also the rivalry between family members, we have Tigers and Dragons supporters in the family makes the footy season more interesting.

Is it family members from other teams ? Yeah
Is it workmates who sledge you daily ? All Parra/Dragons supporters
Is it schoolmates who give you grief ? Back in 08 was the worst
Is it your neighbours ? yes
Is it your neighbourhood ? Yes
Does work/where you live/life committments/health issues keep you from doing as much as you can ?
Nope

steve_mortimer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Around 1983 when I was 6 my pop started taking me to Belmore for games. Mum was born and bred in Belmore so pop felt the family tradition should continue.

My pop. He bled blue and white and was always behind the club till his death in 1992.

3. Who influenced them ?

The people of Bankstown from the 1930's onwards when he started working.

High ticket prices. Families get slugged enough and players are overpaid.

Take the club back to Belmore for premiership games.

The bell ends who cause trouble in Canterbury colours. Everyone has a right to support their team without the over the top abuse, violence. Sadly there are some fans who need a wake up call. Well, they aren't fans in my eyes.

Pulling through the hard times. It makes the good years even more sweet.

The stigma that all dogs fans are violent cretins. The reputation of Bankstown being a slum full of wogs and ******s. All those comments I get from others make me frustrated and sad that they pigeon hole our supporters based on media hype.

holbi

Kennel Participant
Gilded
Reaction score
Growing up in the 50's & 60's when the Dragons won 11 in a row, nearly everyone was a St George supporter, didn't matter where you lived. If you supported the Dogs (Berries), Tigers, Eels or even Manly, you were in the minority. There were more Dragons supporters than all the rest combined. Bill Petley was a CB player who lived down the road from us and was a good bloke , so I went for the Berries. When they signed Les Johns in 63 it was just fantastic, this bloke is the greatest fullback I've ever seen and due to his exploits on the field heaps of people started coming to the games. I was hooked from then on, so are my kids and grandkids, all doggy supporters.

Christabella

Reaction score
1. 1983, My dad took me to games as a baby.
2. Dad and grandmother
3. School friends and living down the road from Belmore Sports Ground.
4. If it were possible to remove the idiots that try to pass themselves off as journalists, that.
5. Personally I like the suggestions of back to Belmore, but that may make it harder for some so I'd just say introduce more game day incentives and discounts.
6. The media's over-reaction if Bulldogs fans/ players are involved compared to any other team.
7. When I wear team gear out and about and hear "Go Bulldogs" we have vocal fans everywhere ... some guy dressed as Capt. Arthur Phillip at Circular Quay today said as much followed by "this is our year" - loved it!
8. None really, been supporting the Dogs for far too long to see anything as too challenging anymore.

Is it family members from other teams ? To an extent yes, most of mums family are West Tigers (except for one aunt who follows Parra and some cousins who follow local teams) and two of my uncles are largely pains in the butt when it comes to the footy.
Is it workmates who sledge you daily ? No my work mates are generally nice
Is it schoolmates who give you grief ? n/a
Is it your neighbours? Dunno if they even like the NRL
Is it your neighbourhood? Mmm Ryde has a large percentage of Parra fans/bandwagoners, annoying but irrelevant.
Does work/where you live/life committments/health issues keep you from doing as much as you can? No

Status
Not open for further replies.