Your Round 1 Team?

Pavdogg82

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
1. Tracey (if he shows more zing @ FB in the next trial). If not, Taafe is in.
2. Foxx (for his finishing)
3. Xerri (for his yardage)
4. Critta
5. Kiraz (for his yardage) If he is not 100% fit, Wilson is in.
6. Burto (Floating bombs and small grubbers for tries and Run the ball bro) fuck off with those shit uncontested bombs, no point!
7. Sexy (watch that driving kick he did which landed 1m from the try line - Grub used to do them, a low punch into the corner or in goal, that's what we need to pin the opposition in their red zone). Love it when he digs into the line, creates more space for Burto, Kiks, Xerri & Foxx to cause havoc)
8. King
9. Reed
10. Hughes
11. Kiks
12. Presto
13. Curran
14. Knight (lock up the ball make and fast play the balls, stop thinking about Danika's hot rig during the match)
15. Mann (give him time when Reed needs a spell) or when Kiks is off, Curran to edge and Mann to 13
16. Faamasulai (Great impact but needs to do it for longer stints)
17. Morrin (pound for pound, best prop we have - he deserves his spot. Never gets driven backwards. Absolute legend!)
This is what I would play 1st half of the Sharks trial and then give Hutcho, Taafe, Wilson, Weak gutted Dog, Hayward and Edwards 2nd half
This side will be knocking on the door of the top 8. May just miss out, but I can dream.....

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Even if Burton turns on his running game is that going to be good enough? With Kikau, Crichton and Fox already there I'd argue we'd get more value from our left edge with a stronger ball playing half than ball running half.
Fair point - I havent coached for a long time and i have a bias against having too many ball players - if the 1,6,7 and 13 are all trying to ball play as well as the 9 trying to ball play from dummy half i think the attack ends up going sideways - need as many direct running options across the field as possible.

Pavdogg82

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Most of our sets should be (1) Tracey or Taafe (2) Kiraz or Xerri (3) Prop or Skelton if he is on the bench that game,, (4) edge 2RW e.g. Kiks then (5) halves to kick or spread it wide. So much better than Perham, Waddell or Okunbor mind-numbing hitups.....
This year will be way better to watch, based on this alone

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It’s nice to have options hey @boggie23 ?? I like Taffy, I just think he spoils too many opportunities. Mahoney needs to be told to focus on hooking too! You can’t have 5 players all trying to be playmaker, unless of course they all compliment each other. That said, Taffy was passing to Eli Clarke several times and the play died. May have been different with Critta there ;-) I still favour Tracey at fb though. Imo he is more dynamic and decisive.
Tracey when fit is my fullback too. Guy had done it week in week out and is solid at nrl level. No doubt we flowed better with the second unit yesterday. I’d still like Taaffe in the team but won’t be easy. I wonder if we still get Taaffe if we had Tracey in our team.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's Hutcho, that's what people who have attended training sessions are saying on here.
They’ve definitely both had reps there, last I saw was Hutch, but I think we’ll know by Tuesday tbh

Idk how people are saying Sexton forced his way in yday? Hutch did exactly what was expected of him and probably fed his outside men even better than expected too

I think Sexton can push for a 14 spot maybe but I don’t see him playing hooker, and is still behind Mann (and even Hayward probs) for that role

It’ll be Burton and Hutch to start youd think

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fair point - I havent coached for a long time and i have a bias against having too many ball players - if the 1,6,7 and 13 are all trying to ball play as well as the 9 trying to ball play from dummy half i think the attack ends up going sideways - need as many direct running options across the field as possible.
I don't think it's so much whether he runs or passes, more that Burto seems to have a way of slowing down the play. Seems to baulk or be in two minds a lot of the time. He looks unnatural and indecisive at 5/8 to me. Hope he finds something soon but he doesn't look confident to me.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
They’ve definitely both had reps there, last I saw was Hutch, but I think we’ll know by Tuesday tbh

Idk how people are saying Sexton forced his way in yday? Hutch did exactly what was expected of him and probably fed his outside men even better than expected too

I think Sexton can push for a 14 spot maybe but I don’t see him playing hooker, and is still behind Mann (and even Hayward probs) for that role

It’ll be Burton and Hutch to start youd think
Sexton has more to his game imo, personally I thought he was a bit better than Hutcho. Hutcho is more of a steady hand, less mistakes and more likely to stick to the system. Personally I'd partner both of them together and call it day until the next kid is ready for a shot.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I'm struggling to name one, probably start the year like this before looking to make a few changes. I'm not naming Burton, I refuse too lol.

1. Tracey
2. Wilson
3. Kiraz
4. Crichton
5. Fox
6. Sexton
7. Hutcho
8. King
9. Mahoney
10. Famasalami (reluctantly)
11. Kikau
12. Preston
13. Curran

14. Mann
15. Hughes
16. Flip a coin
17. Flip a coin

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I'm struggling to name one, probably start the year like this before looking to make a few changes. I'm not naming Burton, I refuse too lol.

1. Tracey
2. Wilson
3. Kiraz
4. Crichton
5. Fox
6. Sexton
7. Hutcho
8. King
9. Mahoney
11. Kikau
12. Preston
13. Curran

14. Mann
15. Hughes
16. Flip a coin
17. Flip a coin
Faamausili & JAC starting. You love to see it :tearsofjoy:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Faamausili & JAC starting. You love to see it :tearsofjoy:
Of course Fox starts while he's here, I just wouldn't keep him. Famasalami because I'm not starting Hughes, Knight can get fucked and idk if we even have another prop after that.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Of course Fox starts while he's here, I just wouldn't keep him. Famasalami because I'm not starting Hughes, Knight can get fucked and idk if we even have another prop after that.
Don't trust Kikau to play 80 minutes just yet. I'd have Kitione Kautoga on the bench as his backup.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Don't trust Kikau to play 80 minutes just yet. I'd have Kitione Kautoga on the bench as his backup.
Doesn't sound like he is. I wouldn't play Kitty yet, needs more minutes in reserves imo

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

1. Tracey
2. Wilson
3. Kiraz
4. Crichton
5. Fox
6. Sexton
7. Hutcho
8. King
9. Mahoney
11. Kikau
12. Preston
13. Curran

14. Mann
15. Hughes
16. Flip a coin
17. Flip a coin
Lol exerri is a certainty

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He can do a 20 min job on the edge.
Meh. Don't think it's necessary, rather him pumping out 80 in reserves. He ended up at lock last season too so could be an option in the middle later down the track.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Meh. Don't think it's necessary, rather him pumping out 80 in reserves. He ended up at lock last season too so could be an option in the middle later down the track.
CC will play Curran, Mann & Salmon at lock ahead of him.