Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Sexy has the better kicking game than hutch

We need our #7 to do more of the kicking

I'm really getting sick of Burton's useless bombs
Hutcho has the better defensive kicking game, Sexton the better attacking kicking game....if that makes sense.

Hutcho being the more experienced player means he will start @ 7 as the club is continuing to baby Burton for yet another season. Hutcho is more likely to play the controlling role with less errors than say Sexton even if he brings a little more spark with the ball in hand.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Tracey couldnt get the fb spot over a will kennedy who is avg af yet people want him in our spine.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sexy had a massive game once he came on you could see the whole team’s intensity go up a notch or two, but happy for either.

When he came on melbourne barely had any first graders on the field not that they had many on in the first half.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Tracey couldnt get the fb spot over a will kennedy who is avg af yet people want him in our spine.
nothing wrong with Kennedy at fullback. He does the job and more and he's on nothing in the salary cap which means you can spend the money elsewhere. Tracey different type of player but overall not a massive difference between them imo.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
nothing wrong with Kennedy at fullback. He does the job and more and he's on nothing in the salary cap which means you can spend the money elsewhere. Tracey different type of player but overall not a massive difference between them imo.

Like i said he is average, Most nsw cup fbs would look good playing out the back off hynes.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
When he came on melbourne barely had any first graders on the field not that they had many on in the first half.
Point really was he’s more creative than Burton. FACT, and booked far more controlled. Even if they had any or none lol.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Haven't really seen anyone say he played a good game, but I definitely don't think it's as bad as being said on here. He played 40mins in a trial, it's expected that all of our players will be a little rusty / timing a little off.
Except only him & Knight were off. Burton played how he played all 2023.

I've never seen a Bulldogs player get more excuses made for him than Burton.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Burton is the Bulldogs version of Gravenberch lol.
Except Burton is a top 3 paid player in the NRL at his position. At least Gravenberch isn't highly paid.

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Except Burton is a top 3 paid player in the NRL at his position. At least gravenberch isn't highly paid.
He's on £150k per week with us, that's quite a lot considering our wage structure. He's probably more skilful than Burton though.

I can't believe how hung up I am over Burton almost 24 hours later, that performance enraged me :tearsofjoy:

silva

Utility
Reaction score
1. Taafe
2. Addo carr
3. Xerri
4. Crighton
5. Kiraz
6. Burton
7. Hutchison
8. Hughes
9. Mahoney
10. King
11. Kikau
12. Preston
13. Salmon
14. Faamusili
15. Curran
16. Kautoga
17. Tracey

18. Skelton

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He's on £150k per week with us, that's quite a lot considering our wage structure. He's probably more skilful than Burton though.

I can't believe how hung up I am over Burton almost 24 hours later, that performance enraged me :tearsofjoy:
And people are making excuses for him which is even worse than his performance.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
As fans we might think there's postions of for grabs but the reality is Ciraldo as coach has pretty much already made up his mind and outside of a certain player having an absolute stinker and another having a blinder he probably isn't going to change his mind just a few weeks before kick off. I asked this before but have Sexton and Hutcho actually run sessions as the halves pairing? I don't think a team without Burton @ 6 has been been considered at this point regardless of how poor he actually is.
Sexton n hutchison have been on the field training as a pairing. I tend to agree with your point that Ciraldo would have made up his mind re most rd 1 team selections, "stinkers n blinders" (great phrasing - should be podcast or tv sports show title). Regular opposed sessions would have sorted out most positions. Burton needs to improve defensive attitude and kicking game but im hoping given the ball playing role of whoever plays 13 he can focus on his strength ie running the ball.

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hutcho has the better defensive kicking game, Sexton the better attacking kicking game....if that makes sense.

Hutcho being the more experienced player means he will start @ 7 as the club is continuing to baby Burton for yet another season. Hutcho is more likely to play the controlling role with less errors than say Sexton even if he brings a little more spark with the ball in hand.
I think CC will start with Sexton at #7

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Sexton n hutchison have been on the field training as a pairing. I tend to agree with your point that Ciraldo would have made up his mind re most rd 1 team selections, "stinkers n blinders" (great phrasing - should be podcast or tv sports show title). Regular opposed sessions would have sorted out most positions. Burton needs to improve defensive attitude and kicking game but im hoping given the ball playing role of whoever plays 13 he can focus on his strength ie running the ball.
Even if Burton turns on his running game is that going to be good enough? With Kikau, Crichton and Fox already there I'd argue we'd get more value from our left edge with a stronger ball playing half than ball running half.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Point really was he’s more creative than Burton. FACT, and booked far more controlled. Even if they had any or none lol.
I really don't think that "control" is what Burton should be contributing for us, in or team that's the 1/2's role. Hence why we need a 1/2 that has that attribute. There are plenty of 5/8's in the NRL that no one would say brings "control" to their team. Mam, what control does he bring, none, zero, SFA. Ditto Cody Walker, he can't even control himself let alone the rest of Souffs. Dylan Brown, Trindall, Gamble, Martin, I wouldn't want to be depending on any of them to control my team.

I wouldn't be looking in Burton's direction if you want someone to "control" the team that's not his skill set, currently at 23 anyway, but maybe as he gets more experience, halves very rarely get to their best before 25 (of course there are exceptions). The answer is to put him alongside a 1/2 that does that, then he will be able to do what he does.

Always a Bulldog

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sexy had a massive game once he came on you could see the whole team’s intensity go up a notch or two, but happy for either.
The team certainly lifted when Sexton came on , but I think the input by Hayward was more impressive, and
certainly made a difference.