Opinion Your plan to save our club ?

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So how's that working for us so far ?

But do they actually have a clue ? Read the article. Gus is virtually admitting he's out of ideas. Can't give any timeline on a fix

We re-sign Thompson and bring in a broken SST ?. We're worse off than we were this year with TPJ playing
And there you go again, talking like you actually know something.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Please send resume to
Canterbury Bankstown Rugby League Club
C/O Phil Gould

Please thoroughly cover the below

Level of Education.
Current and past employment history, with references.
Years playing rugby league, clubs played for and grade reached.
Experience training professional rugby league players, understanding of training and fitness structures.
Level of understanding of both attack and defence structures, clubs worked for in this area and experience history.
On the recruitment side, please state experience, clubs worked for.
Relationships with player managers, level of understanding around legal clauses and player contracts.
Experience in roster management, experience around salary cap management.

Please give a detailed understanding of your recruitment strategies, how you spot talent, what junior and senior clubs do you affiliate yourself with and currently have long standing relationships with.

You mention halfback, please give a detailed account of how you would have solved this problem.

If you meet all above criteria’s and are suitable for the position I’m sure you’ll hear back from them.
Level of education is yr 12
Shell service station 2 years and Uber 5 years. Ended in 2018 and no formal employment since.
Also pizza delivery as a teen.
Played both league union and American football ten years intermittently and was in negotiation to play with Mounties during the Baz era and has a mad relationship with mulhollamd before he screwed me and died
And I have met one player manager who I discussed swapping averillo and Cody Walker with but socially and I have hung out with Isaac Moses
As for salary cap management I have a spreadsheet and have done all calculations and models
Also I am a people person. Can speak intellectually with the coach’s, halves etc. can connect on a westsiiide west Sydney street smart level with the Polynesian crew and obv being leb I’m part of that faction already

Last edited:

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Bring back Billy Johnston and make the players puke after every training session
I understand the sentiment on this but it won’t work in 2023 post vaccine with the heart issues.
Too great a risk someone drops dead at training and then Billy gets sued due to as everyone calls it, training so hard they vomit.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
See, you’d never go up to a gangsta or a bikie and say such a thing in real life. So why do you do it to one online?
Lol men in general (including gangsters and bikies) take the piss out of each other and have a laugh, from my experience it's generally only the new age snowflakes who don't.

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I understand the sentiment on this but it won’t work in 2023 post vaccine with the heart issues.
Too great a risk someone drops dead at training and then Billy gets sued due to as everyone calls it, training so hard they vomit.
Don't sue the trainer, sue V'landys and the NRLol for mandating that the players must be vaccinated or they can't play.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol men in general (including gangsters and bikies) take the piss out of each other and have a laugh, from my experience it's generally only the new age snowflakes who don't.
You sir must watch goodfellas.
You’ll be like ‘wtf did I do saying such things to Nasheed when the set hinge can happen’
Not that i would do anything like that to u buy for a second you’ll feel so silly for the path you took there for a moment. Like having beer inside a croc pen.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Broncos the same and Cowboys. All have one thing in common. They all bought in good experienced 7's. Johnson, Reynolds, Townsend. Wouldlike to know if we even bothered putting in an offer for Reynolds or Townsend (doubt it). With Johnson seems we were trying to sign him on unders. If we'd paid an extra 200K maybe we nabbed him. We should have offered more to Leniu also then we mightn't be so desperate for props.
You got no idea what the club offered so you’re just speculating. Johnson wanted to go home to NZ, I don’t think a bigger offer was the difference

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't sue the trainer, sue V'landys and the NRLol for mandating that the players must be vaccinated or they can't play.
I still can’t believe that.
Sacked Asiata for what reason.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
You got no idea what the club offered so you’re just speculating. Johnson wanted to go home to NZ, I don’t think a bigger offer was the difference
To be fair he was apparently very close to signing for us so maybe an extra fifty might have tilted him

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about the Dogs go back to their tried and true method of scouring the regional RL groups and sourcing real footballers and not hiring "dick finger athletes" as Jack Dog so kindly put it.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Develop juniors and don't do knee jerk reactions to buy the sort of duds we have been purchasing for the last decade.
2. Sack anyone associated with junior pathways over the last 8 years because their junior selections suck shit.
3. Sack our fitness coach
4. Sack our defensive coach
5. Sack our offensive coach
6. Sack our coach
7. Implore Laundy to start cheating the cap like every other club in the league
8. Do what other clubs do & bribe match officials so we actually win penalty counts game on game
9. Immediately release 20 of our 30 man squad
10. Pay overs and assemble a squad like the roosters using the same line they use that they sign with us because of our culture
11. Immediately sue Fox for defamation to shut up Buz, Anasta, Gordon & all the other village idiots at that joint.
12. Give long suffering fans a bonus pack of every jersey design of the last decade as pay back for enduring the misery of the last 8 years.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
1. Develop juniors and don't do knee jerk reactions to buy the sort of duds we have been purchasing for the last decade.
2. Sack anyone associated with junior pathways over the last 8 years because their junior selections suck shit.
3. Sack our fitness coach
4. Sack our defensive coach
5. Sack our offensive coach
6. Sack our coach
7. Implore Laundy to start cheating the cap like every other club in the league
8. Do what other clubs do & bribe match officials so we actually win penalty counts game on game
9. Immediately release 20 of our 30 man squad
10. Pay overs and assemble a squad like the roosters using the same line they use that they sign with us because of our culture
11. Immediately sue Fox for defamation to shut up Buz, Anasta, Gordon & all the other village idiots at that joint.
12. Give long suffering fans a bonus pack of every jersey design of the last decade as pay back for enduring the misery of the last 8 years.
Black Dawg for PM!

Bulldog_NJ

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bring in McLean, Tamou, and Nathan Brown for TPJ money. That’s a lot of value and experience there. Also Mitch Pearce 12 month contract with a performance clause in there for a second year. Laugh all you like. But he is light years ahead of Burton and sexy boy and it’s light years before a good 7 becomes available. Having a red hot go at Joey Manu wouldn’t be a bad idea either

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
November 1 we give offers to Xavier Wilson, keon, mo, Lindsay smith and make sure we land at least 3 of them.

Search for an elite 7.

Get Ciro some forwards that aren’t reserve graders or unwanted nsw cup plodders.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Bring back Billy Johnston and make the players puke after every training session
Basically how they make us react after every game minus 3-4 players at best a game!

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
By Simplifying the problem

1. We must fix the defence before becoming the razzal dazzle team by investing in 2 tackling machines
2. Sign 1 or 2 props like GREIG for momentum purposes
3. As part of improving defence Crichton must play centre
4. Taaffet should play fullback acting as a second halfback.

I believe even with the roster below we will be more than competitive

1 Taaffe...................Papalii
2 Kiraz.....................Wilson
3 Crichton..............Perham // Burns *
4 Xerri.....................Samrani / EQW
5 JAC........................Skelton
6 Burton..................Oloapu
7 Sexton..................Rajab
8 SST.........................Patolo / IMB
9 Mahoney.............Gray
10 King.....................Knight // Hughes *
11 Preston...............Kautoga / Hoffman