Your Favourite Aussie Songs

Smartseal

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Good version of what I consider to be the goat of Australian rock songs (though it is supposedly Friday on my Mind).
Other than the original, the next best version (imo) was done on the Rockwiz "Vanda & Young" special. Outstanding if you can see it

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Good version of what I consider to be the goat of Australian rock songs (though it is supposedly Friday on my Mind).
Other than the original, the next best version (imo) was done on the Rockwiz "Vanda & Young" special. Outstanding if you can see it
How good was RockWiz? Saw it live at the Espy in Melbourne once, great concept, very Aussie. The full V&Y show is on YouTube, here’s a sample, very cool:

Bullpit

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love the song “Slavegirl” by The Lime Spiders - great Aussie pub rock! God I miss those days!!!!!

Bullpit

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was listening to Quasimodo’s Dream by The Reels the other day - Dave Mason had an amazing voice.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Love the song “Slavegirl” by The Lime Spiders - great Aussie pub rock! God I miss those days!!!!!
Lol I had to kick mick blood out of his own show a few months back before they even played. Picked his drunken arse off the ground, says time to go mate.we got him to the gate. He said " but I'm playing tonight " his band told him nah we quit ya fuckwit.
He had some half arsed swing at me, that night in his hotel he shit and spewed everywhere . It was an interesting day/ night dealing with him.

Bullpit

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol I had to kick mick blood out of his own show a few months back before they even played. Picked his drunken arse off the ground, says time to go mate.we got him to the gate. He said " but I'm playing tonight " his band told him nah we quit ya fuckwit.
He had some half arsed swing at me, that night in his hotel he shit and spewed everywhere . It was an interesting day/ night dealing with him.
Wow. Sounds like a shitshow, literally!

Bullpit

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was listening to Jo Jo Zep and the Falcons as well as The Dynamic Hypnotics yesterday - Great songs and awesome memories. My favourites
- Shape I’m In by Jo Jo Zep and the Falcons.
- Hepnobeat by The Dynamic Hypnotics.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Soooo many. I’ll be here all night. But here’s a sample:
Ages ago having a drink at the pin ,a few of us went back to mine to indulge In some whiskey, this random dude rocks up had a few ,and a chat. Seen him round every so often, we fight for the same chair and have a laugh. Sitting there on an open jam night.and thus autistic kid comes up and starts begging him to do a song with him.turns out it's kopps the the guitarist from the church lol. Funny dude to have a drink with got some great stories, he lives in qld or something but randomly rocks up at the pin , I like him he's not afraid to call me wog lol