Your Favourite Aussie Songs

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I still like this track. Sneak were an Aussie band of the early 2000’s - had a record deal and were getting good traction when there were record company changes and they got dropped which took the wind out of their sails and they broke up about a year later. Timing and luck play as much a part as talent in the music biz. Well, before TV manufactured pop star shows that was…

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hunter’s and Collectors Throw Your Arms Around Me. Their original version was quicker, but they slowed it down, and made it a rock Classic..

I added this one too. Pearl Jam who play it in their concerts. This time they have a special guest..

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lol..nah.. :grimacing:
Im not really a fan but I think it was a great cover. Great arrangement and the band was on song. I like it when someone puts a completely different spin on a song and pulls it off. Take someone like Weezer's cover of Africa. Its just an exercize in audio engineering trying to recapture the vibe/sounds of the original recording and performed note for note. With all the studio technology these days doesnt do anything for me. Anywho ive gone off on a tangent, back to your original thread topic :grinning:

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Im not really a fan but I think it was a great cover. Great arrangement and the band was on song. I like it when someone puts a completely different spin on a song and pulls it off. Take someone like Weezer's cover of Africa. Its just an exercize in audio engineering trying to recapture the vibe/sounds of the original recording and performed note for note. With all the studio technology these days doesnt do anything for me. Anywho ive gone off on a tangent, back to your original thread topic :grinning:
Your thoughts are most welcome. I agree totally, if you are gunna do a cover, respect the original but make it your own. That’s why the Best Cover Thread I started was awesome too. Really good interpretations of original material.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Don’t forget Southern Sons..Heart in Danger..lead by Jack Jones. He was one of John Farnham’s back up singers..after listening to his voice you can understand why!
Ps..that hair..apparently it’s all gone now..welcome to the party pal...lol!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I got on the piss the other night and had a tism binge till 3am, twas glorious
Saw them many times back in the day. Saw them again in December last year at Good Things. Excellent show.

The whole set they had tradies building stuff in the background, and constantly taking breaks, and the final build was the letters "TISN" (not a typo)

Then they threw all the letters out in the crowd and some bloke started surfing on one of them.

Screenshot_20230910_175105_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20230910_175144_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20230910_175202_Photos.jpg