Your annual leave is cancelled!

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
have you worked at a job where it was impossible to take leave or it was frowned upon?

I worked at a place once where before I started (at the interview) I told them I had a holiday planned in 6 months, paid for...

A mate that worked there told me it was ballsy as he put in for annual leave giving 18 months notice and it had not yet been approved

Anyhow started work and then a few weeks before my holiday, the boss calls me in and says we are just too busy can you reschedule your trip. I said nope. I was the organiser and 14 others were coming. They came at me again but I was staunch about it, told you at interview. flights are paid etc etc.. So I took off on holiday.. Whilst I was gone I was badmouthed...

The way they reacted I was not going to stay so I ended up resigning to work elsewhere.. They immediately approved my mates leave who waited so long as they feared he would leave also..

I found out when his holiday come around, they tried the same trick on him to cancel leave.. put pressure on him.. He said Im going, you have known about it for 18 months... When he left they bad mouthed him that he wasn't committed, leaving them in the lurch. He ended up leaving shortly after..

Noone ever really took leave in that place but we went on holidays and stood up to the tyranny.

Is your workplace good about holidays or a nightmare.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
have you worked at a job where it was impossible to take leave or it was frowned upon?

I worked at a place once where before I started (at the interview) I told them I had a holiday planned in 6 months, paid for...

A mate that worked there told me it was ballsy as he put in for annual leave giving 18 months notice and it had not yet been approved

Anyhow started work and then a few weeks before my holiday, the boss calls me in and says we are just too busy can you reschedule your trip. I said nope. I was the organiser and 14 others were coming. They came at me again but I was staunch about it, told you at interview. flights are paid etc etc.. So I took off on holiday.. Whilst I was gone I was badmouthed...

The way they reacted I was not going to stay so I ended up resigning to work elsewhere.. They immediately approved my mates leave who waited so long as they feared he would leave also..

I found out when his holiday come around, they tried the same trick on him to cancel leave.. put pressure on him.. He said Im going, you have known about it for 18 months... When he left they bad mouthed him that he wasn't committed, leaving them in the lurch. He ended up leaving shortly after..

Noone ever really took leave in that place but we went on holidays and stood up to the tyranny.

Is your workplace good about holidays or a nightmare.
Reharsh from news.com.au. Just like every one of your posts, totally full of shite (not even TCL quality champ)

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Ummm how do you guys not know that The Boost came across this article and it reminded him of something similar he went through?

Moral of this post: DO NOT QUESTION THE BOOST. EVER!!!

Last edited:

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Ummm how do you guys not know that The Boost came across this article and it reminded him of something similar he went through?

moral of this post: DO NOT QUESTION THE BOOST. EVER!!!
I know Boost doesn't talk shit because I've brought up the same topic on different occasions over the years and he generally replies with similar posts.

You know someone is bullshittin when they modify the story.

There's a story about some gold digging 304 he's rehashed a couple of times.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

When he left they bad mouthed him that he wasn't committed, leaving them in the lurch. He ended up leaving shortly after..
But he had already left.

So he left twice. Lol

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But he had already left.

So he left twice. Lol
haha… the company employs 60000 people worldwide!! 1500 in Australia.. so there was a few people that we keep in contact with.. they told us we were bad mouthed..

there was two people at the same company it happened with.. well at least two we know of..

I have another story from same
Company I’d bet everyone would say it’s bullshit but it’s 100% true.. it would
Blow your mind…

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Moral of this post: DO NOT QUESTION THE BOOST. EVER!!!
so these muppets on here think only One employer in that article has ever denied leave? :grinning:

of course my story is true , I read the article today and it reminded me.. plenty on here live very dull vanilla lives… it it don’t happen to them it couldnt ever happen to anyone.

People who doubt my stories end up with egg on their faces.. here is a classic example…

So at the Christmas party in front of everyone the boss says come on mate, you talk it up all year let’s see what you can do, now, here, tonight.. so he picks out a girl in a large pub we were at and says go pick her up for us all to see.. I said I would have a go but I can’t promise anything as I don’t know her situation etc. she could be married.. so he try’s to ham
It up, let’s see what you can do… as we are all negotiating terms, a girl come by and interjects and says to me, hey my friend wants to have a chat with you.. in front of everyone I say who? She points to the girl my boss pointed out!!!!!!!!!…his head went red like a tomato, he says bullshit this is fixed.. I walked over to her and left the pub with her.. he couldnt believe what he saw and everyone at work saw it … anytime he ever questioned me after that I remind him of the Christmas party.. till this day I remind him, a good 20+ years a go..

I know what I say is true, if these muppets on here continue they can only be proven wrong