Yesterday’s game

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I for one am glad Pay is gone. Stevie G showed in one half that with a competent coach and game plan that the players are good enough to win games. Unfortunately the second half showed what the coaches are dealing with in poor decisions and game management not being able to finish the game with a win that the first half deserved.

Lets move on from that incompetent fool from Dubbo he’s not worth crying over there are better times ahead.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The players battled yesterday liked they have battled for Pay.. i didnt see much different yesterday.. And no one can expect too much different after the new coach has had the gig for less than a week..

Yesterday i saw a great 20minutes from us in the first half.. the first 15 minutes was terrible and the whole second half we didnt look like scoring a try.. we did somthing similar against the Sharks a few weeks back..

I didnt see anything different other than Thompson who looked great..

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Same old. No much will change in one week. Stevie G will make smal changes going forward. He was our attack coach wasn't he?

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would still like to know why Averillo didn’t play . Our centres cost us dearly yesterday. No threat in attack , missed tackles and ultimately a dropped ball that cost us the match .

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I would still like to know why Averillo didn’t play . Our centres cost us dearly yesterday. No threat in attack , missed tackles and ultimately a dropped ball that cost us the match .
Didn't train enough.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Same old crap.

Stevie G a competent coach? Lol. He’s part of the problem.

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I missed out on the first 20 odd minutes of the game. Managed to start watching it just as JMK scored so I guessed it was good timing.

One thing I was surprised at seeing was support play. I honestly feel like that was the first time this year I saw the team running in numbers. That last 10 minutes of 1st half was blitzkrieg and it was great to see. Shame half time came cause I reckon we would have scored a few more times. Unfortunately it didn't last as we know but I don't recall seeing that under pay at all this year.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
The players battled yesterday liked they have battled for Pay.. i didnt see much different yesterday.. And no one can expect too much different after the new coach has had the gig for less than a week..

Yesterday i saw a great 20minutes from us in the first half.. the first 15 minutes was terrible and the whole second half we didnt look like scoring a try.. we did somthing similar against the Sharks a few weeks back..

This.

Thompson needs to get the fucking ball but.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yesterday's game was a perfect example of how Foran's injuries over the past 3 years cost the team dearly.

Foran even if busted but on the field does at least provide an attacking option, he takes the ball to the line and straightens the attack.

Lewis & Wakeham are fucking awful and play behind the line and offer nothing in attack.

There is no way Foran will be at the club next season, so there is a desperate need to recruit an experienced 7.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

So you didn’t notice the kicking plan in the first half? It was smart
The second half kicking was the usual.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
For the middle 55 minutes or so it was a good game.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Same old crap.

Stevie G a competent coach? Lol. He’s part of the problem.
At want point did I say Stevie G was Competent? I thought the first half outside of the first 5-10 mins was the best we have looked in a long time. Our kicking game was smart. Meaneys try was constructed well. Then the hit on Foran happened and we were brought back to the usual incompetent performance in attack we have become use too.

I think with a competent coach we wouldn’t be saying we don’t have the cattle to compete despite a few players not being NRL standard.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
At want point did I say Stevie G was Competent? I thought the first half outside of the first 5-10 mins was the best we have looked in a long time. Our kicking game was smart. Meaneys try was constructed well. Then the hit on Foran happened and we were brought back to the usual incompetent performance in attack we have become use too.

I think with a competent coach we wouldn’t be saying we don’t have the cattle to compete despite a few players not being NRL standard.
I thought that is what you were implying. I agree that the squad is not all that bad and with a good coach we would not be running this bad.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Covid isolatin protocols.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I thought that is what you were implying. I agree that the squad is not all that bad and with a good coach we would not be running this bad.
No I think everyone involved in the coaching the past 3 seasons need to be removed even the water boys.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And Tolman needs to stop taking Thompson’s carries !!!
100%. He keeps getting in his way - especially in the opposition 20. Someone tell Tolman not to touch the ball in the redzone. Seriously he has as many touches as the 1,6,7 combined. The guy's a hog.