WTF is going on with our cap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
this topic has probably been done to death but fuck it, I'm doing it again!

ever since that bullshit members question night I haven't been able to get my head around Castle & Dibs claims that our cap is extremely tight....

Where the fuck is all the cash going?? we will have 2 reserve graders step in to the backline next year for a start (3 when Hoppa doesn't play), we have no super star, no marque player sucking up our cap like other teams, we haven't signed an established first grader for 5yrs (B.moz retired here to play with his brother)....where is the money going??

1. Hoppa - we keep getting told is on less than peanuts
2. B. Morris - (highest paid spectator in Australia)
3. J. Morris
4. (Reserve grader)
5. (Reserve Grader)
6. Reynolds - is only in the team by the skin of his teeth when Hodko was here last year he spent more time on the bench than anywhere else
7. Mybe - is still very much an unproven rookie (who has shown fuckall to be honest)
8. Tolman - Sergeant plod, has been rumoured to be leaving every year for the last 5 years (unfortunately still here)
9. Lichaa - copped more rockets than Saddam Hussein this year was signed from reggies and had big wraps on him but surely not signed for massive amounts
10. Graham - getting paid on his 2012 form unfortunately looking like he should have retired 2yrs ago
11. Jackson - one of the few that actually earns his dollars, have no idea what he's on though?
12. Eastwood - just extended his stay, surely he had to take a pay cut? fat and lazy total waste of cash looks uninterested
13. Klemmer - like Jackson one of the few who can say they have earnt there salary, these two must be pissed to see other getting paid massive overs for very little input

14. Kas - is the only thing we have that resembles an X-factor but can only play 30 mins max
15. Some islander -
16. another islander -
17. probably another islander -

how the hell is this team using up all our cap space??

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We pay Kas over half a mil to sit on the bench for the majority of the game while the Sharks signed a Premiership winning, goal kicking half in Maloney on similar $$$. Enough said really.

NIBS1

New Pup
Reaction score
It all comes down to our halves if they play as hard as our forwards play or even knew how to simply kick a fucking ball we will be okay.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Raelene and Des are getting secret kickbacks by signing NSW cup player on $300,000-400,000 contracts.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
who are they.... I see Mbye...no idea about the others?

des must have cheap blue carpet in his office

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
who are they.... I see Mbye...no idea about the others?

des must have cheap blue carpet in his office
from l to r - Bergamin, Montoya, Lewis, Maroske, Mbye, ? -I think - don't know the guy hiding behind

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We are very tight with the cap (I have heard it from internal too).

So it's a mixture of back ended deals, paying too much for some players and not getting as many 3rd party deals in contracts.

Then with mbye, Klem and Jackson all getting massive upgrades it pushed our cap.

The problem is castle is out of her depth with the cap and Hasler has his own ideology of where the money should go.

So we are in a bad position. And even though we have shedded a few million dollars in talent over the last few seasons we are still in trouble with the cap (so much so we can't recruit a big names unless we shed a few more players).

With proper cap managment 2019 we should have plenty of room to move (graham, bmoz, jmoz should be gone by then).

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are very tight with the cap (I have heard it from internal too).

So it's a mixture of back ended deals, paying too much for some players and not getting as many 3rd party deals in contracts.

Then with mbye, Klem and Jackson all getting massive upgrades it pushed our cap.

The problem is castle is out of her depth with the cap and Hasler has his own ideology of where the money should go.

So we are in a bad position. And even though we have shedded a few million dollars in talent over the last few seasons we are still in trouble with the cap (so much so we can't recruit a big names unless we shed a few more players).

With proper cap managment 2019 we should have plenty of room to move (graham, bmoz, jmoz should be gone by then).
Devils advocate. How were we in the race for Foran? For an amount larger than New Zealand offer (reportedly).

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah there is no way we have cap pressure.

We simply don't have the big names commanding big numbers that would push the cap remotely close.

We had money for Foran, and we never spent TRex's money. We had Chase Stanley and Pat O leave, which would cover the salary of guys like Kennar and Lee (and those are the biggest named recruits so far).

Plus Lloyd Perrett is about to move on.

MAYBE the Dogs are just holding back waiting to see what happens with Hasler and with a few juniors coming through. If the juniors coming through fire, why spend the cash. If they don't we have money for someone decent.

View attachment 1698

What's with the socks and slippers?
With the exception of (I think it's Perrett lurking), the rest are wearing sneakers.

Mbyes are just white with white socks.
from l to r - Bergamin, Montoya, Lewis, Maroske, Mbye, ? -I think - don't know the guy hiding behind
Is the guy lurking Lloyd Perrett ?
Is the guy on the right .. D'Rhys Miller ??

stclair

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Devils advocate. How were we in the race for Foran? For an amount larger than New Zealand offer (reportedly).
We would've had to do what souths did with burgess and let players go...

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I have no idea.

I guess if we did get him we would have had to shed a few players (lichaa would definitely have been punted).

But yeh I'm not sure how they expected to get him in. Unless his deal would have been back ended over 5 years.

Sad thing with our cap is we have 11-12 first graders in our team. Yet we are pushing the cap.... and the worst thing is even if we do get a marque player not sure how we can get them in with so much money tied up between graham, klemmer, kas and Tolman.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

We simply don't have the big names commanding big numbers that would push the cap remotely close.

We had money for Foran, and we never spent TRex's money. We had Chase Stanley and Pat O leave, which would cover the salary of guys like Kennar and Lee (and those are the biggest named recruits so far).

Plus Lloyd Perrett is about to move on.

MAYBE the Dogs are just holding back waiting to see what happens with Hasler and with a few juniors coming through. If the juniors coming through fire, why spend the cash. If they don't we have money for someone decent.

With the exception of (I think it's Perrett lurking), the rest are wearing sneakers.

Mbyes are just white with white socks.

Is the guy lurking Lloyd Perrett ?
Is the guy on the right .. D'Rhys Miller ??
Is Perret really about to be moved on? Man u have no idea what yhis club is thinking.... i guess they think danny faulalo has more potential then perret....

Club is a mess.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
In all honesty you would think we should have millions in the bank in terms of our cap (compare our best line up with other teams), we look like a reserve grade team compared to Melbourne, broncos, sharks, panthers, cowboys.

And when you consider who we lost from our team

Pritchard
Barba
Finucane
Ennis
Hodkinson
Halatau
Taupau (ok would have been on close to minimum wage)
Keating
Cook (another on minimum)
Inu

And look at who came in at first grade level

Hoppa
Borris
Perrets
Inu
Rona (would have been on just over minimum)
Lichaa

More or less all the other players we brought in would have been canceled out by all the players from reserve grade we let go (eseese, gavet, minute etc).

The only thing I could think of was we knew we couldn't get anyone so front loaded some players to have more cap space down the track? But I have heard internally that we aren't after anyone else. And that we are close to the cap. Which I can't understand how that's possible.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
In all honesty you would think we should have millions in the bank in terms of our cap (compare our best line up with other teams), we look like a reserve grade team compared to Melbourne, broncos, sharks, panthers, cowboys.

And when you consider who we lost from our team

Pritchard
Barba
Finucane
Ennis
Hodkinson
Halatau
Taupau (ok would have been on close to minimum wage)
Keating
Cook (another on minimum)
Inu

And look at who came in at first grade level

Hoppa
Borris
Perrets
Inu
Rona (would have been on just over minimum)
Lichaa

More or less all the other players we brought in would have been canceled out by all the players from reserve grade we let go (eseese, gavet, minute etc).

The only thing I could think of was we knew we couldn't get anyone so front loaded some players to have more cap space down the track? But I have heard internally that we aren't after anyone else. And that we are close to the cap. Which I can't understand how that's possible.
its a bit like when you give the kids $20 go in the shop and get an ice cream and they come back with 20 cents change

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
this topic has probably been done to death but fuck it, I'm doing it again!

ever since that bullshit members question night I haven't been able to get my head around Castle & Dibs claims that our cap is extremely tight....

Where the fuck is all the cash going?? we will have 2 reserve graders step in to the backline next year for a start (3 when Hoppa doesn't play), we have no super star, no marque player sucking up our cap like other teams, we haven't signed an established first grader for 5yrs (B.moz retired here to play with his brother)....where is the money going??

1. Hoppa - we keep getting told is on less than peanuts
2. B. Morris - (highest paid spectator in Australia)
3. J. Morris
4. (Reserve grader)
5. (Reserve Grader)
6. Reynolds - is only in the team by the skin of his teeth when Hodko was here last year he spent more time on the bench than anywhere else
7. Mybe - is still very much an unproven rookie (who has shown fuckall to be honest)
8. Tolman - Sergeant plod, has been rumoured to be leaving every year for the last 5 years (unfortunately still here)
9. Lichaa - copped more rockets than Saddam Hussein this year was signed from reggies and had big wraps on him but surely not signed for massive amounts
10. Graham - getting paid on his 2012 form unfortunately looking like he should have retired 2yrs ago
11. Jackson - one of the few that actually earns his dollars, have no idea what he's on though?
12. Eastwood - just extended his stay, surely he had to take a pay cut? fat and lazy total waste of cash looks uninterested
13. Klemmer - like Jackson one of the few who can say they have earnt there salary, these two must be pissed to see other getting paid massive overs for very little input

14. Kas - is the only thing we have that resembles an X-factor but can only play 30 mins max
15. Some islander -
16. another islander -
17. probably another islander -

how the hell is this team using up all our cap space??

OK im going to have a stab here, as everyone always says though how much is 3rd party and how much is in the cap, and also all we as fans are ever told is from the media and not anything direct from the club so its all hearsay but here goes:

1.Hoppa - as above apparently signed on as lil money as the NRL would allow us
2 & 3 Morris Bro's both on over 500K so there is a Mill def there
4&5 as above just brought in on who knows what surely it couldnt be much
6. Reynolds 475K
7. Mbye 600K - yet to see if he is worth it, def would have kept him maybe not at this price yet
8. Tolman - no idea what he is on but would be a bit considering we overpay forwards say 400K
9. Lichaa 330K
10. Graham 750K as has been worth this much but was pretty flat since black friday
11. Jackson 600K def worth it
12. Eastwood 500K just resigned - ill leave it to Marley
13. Klemmer 600K def worth it

14. Kas 550K can be worth it - not as if the team doesnt need him but how fkn hard is it to stay fit for a season
15. One of these has to be L.Perret just for the sake of the cap argument as im pretty sure we signed him up on ridiculous money 2 play reserves at least 300K stupid move by the club since we arent giving him a go or bringing him on

then you have to fit in another 10 players in the top 25. With a min wage of 80K

So as per the above there is 6.1 Mill (i havnt included hoppa or the newbies) sure there is some being covered by 3rd party agreements but as you can see we are pushing the cap of 7 mill for sure.

Dnt forget last yr - my fav of all club decisions we were still paying frank pritchard.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We have a cap thats poorly spent, other clubs have a sombrero though

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The club needs to cut some deadwood. But under this administration we have to be good guys and let players retire or move on their own terms. Look at some of our players, which other clubs would sign them other than the desperate ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.