Woolies vs Coles, the supermarket wars: Australia Day edition

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I heard on the radio that some dipshit in head office at wollies has made a statement that wollies are not pulling Australia day merchandise from shelves as a means to boycott Australia day, but more a business decision based on previous year low sales.
I call bullshit on that.
My local wollies last year had truck loads of merchandise leading up to Australia day, and it sold out pretty quick, wasn't much left on the shelves come Australia day.

Sounds like some fast back tracking to me.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I heard on the radio that some dipshit in head office at wollies has made a statement that wollies are not pulling Australia day merchandise from shelves as a means to boycott Australia day, but more a business decision based on previous year low sales.
I call bullshit on that.
My local wollies last year had truck loads of merchandise leading up to Australia day, and it sold out pretty quick, wasn't much left on the shelves come Australia day.

Anything that promotes white people or white ideas needs censorship and sensitivity training!

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I call bullshit on that.

The thing is they would have made the decision last year not to stock it, yet could have just come out and said that rather than the bull the ceo has come out with. Now saying wanting to focus on food more I bet they still have plenty of Valentine’s Day rubbish to push which won’t be food

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The thing is they would have made the decision last year not to stock it, yet could have just come out and said that rather than the bull the ceo has come out with. Now saying wanting to focus on food more I bet they still have plenty of Valentine’s Day rubbish to push which won’t be food
Yeah
Not to mention Halloween.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm with whoever offers the lowest price, couldn't care less if they carry australia day merch or not, most of the stuff is butt ugly and boganish anyway

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm with whoever offers the lowest price, couldn't care less if they carry australia day merch or not, most of the stuff is butt ugly and boganish anyway
I still shop at wollies,
Only because it's the most convenient fir me, I really don't give a fuck whether they sell Australia day merchandise or not.
But it does piss me off all this fucking arguing about Australia day every fucking year.
By all means lobby to change the date and put it to a vote, who cares when the date is
But the disrespect and attitudes of people towards the greatest country in the entire world is pathetic.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I still shop at wollies,
Only because it's the most convenient fir me, I really don't give a fuck whether they sell Australia day merchandise or not.
But it does piss me off all this fucking arguing about Australia day every fucking year.
By all means lobby to change the date and put it to a vote, who cares when the date is
But the disrespect and attitudes of people towards the greatest country in the entire world is pathetic.
I shop anywhere that's cheaper than their competitor, which really they are almost as bad as each other. That's just another problem with society in this day and age, everyone has to have take a stance and die by it, unwavering to accept anything other than their point of view.

Politics come into everything

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Charcoal tick
VB tick
Bucket hat tick
Playlist with Chissy, Hoodu Gurus, Acadaca, the oils, the Angels, Radiators, INXS etc tick
Sausages tick
Fairy bread and lamingtons tick
The Castle VHS cassette tick
Oz flag tats tick
Lamb cutlets tick
Bunderburg ginger beer tick

I’m ready.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I shop anywhere that's cheaper than their competitor, which really they are almost as bad as each other. That's just another problem with society in this day and age, everyone has to have take a stance and die by it, unwavering to accept anything other than their point of view.

Politics come into everything
I just go to wollies cause it's convenient
I wouldn't have a clue what shop is cheaper,

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I just go to wollies cause it's convenient
I wouldn't have a clue what shop is cheaper,
So think it varies with what you're buying. Some might be a bit cheaper than the other depending on the product. Aldi used to be a lot cheaper aper until they expanded and now are almost as big as coles and woolies.

Though I can almost guarantee that any supermarket will gouge everyone with the price of meat

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The boycott of Woolworths is working. NOT

Just spent 30 mins in line to pay for my groceries.

Supermarket was packed out. Coles a few doors down was quicker.

Last edited:

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
"AUSTRALIA, FUK YEAHHH!"

I general Australians aren’t obsessed or deluded about

being “great” and we are not particularly racist.
We tend not to care where someone is from or what religion, colour, politics or
sex they are, just as long as they’re not an asshole about it all!
We're not perfect but for the most part, Australia is a politically, economically and
socially stable nation that looks upon the rest of the world with a beer in one hand a
BBQ prawn in the other, shake our heads and say, “What a bunch of dumb *****!”

1706167192267.png

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
"AUSTRALIA, FUK YEAHHH!"

I general Australians aren’t obsessed or deluded about

being “great” and we are not particularly racist.
We tend not to care where someone is from or what religion, colour, politics or
sex they are, just as long as they’re not an asshole about it all!
We're not perfect but for the most part, Australia is a politically, economically and
socially stable nation that looks upon the rest of the world with a beer in one hand a
BBQ prawn in the other, shake our heads and say, “What a bunch of dumb *****!”

View attachment 101020
Guess no one is gunna say that the food on that barbie is probably good for 4 of them?

So what are the rest of them eating?

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
There are some good pro Australians meme getting around
This is one I particularly liked.

Screenshot_20240125_204825_Facebook.jpg

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Here is another great meme,
There is a lot of positivity out there if you want to find it.
Bloody good thing to squash all the negativity that seems to creep in a lot these days.
Screenshot_20240125_205127_Facebook.jpg