Woods to Bulldogs - Channel 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevesonthebay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Why is it always that the dogs always target big name forwards and not backs. The Bulldogs have a great history of producing forwards. We can spot and take a young bloke from the country like Jackson and turn him into a great player. We have done it many times in the past. Forwards is not our problem its backs. We need half backs and full backs and maybe another centre as the Morris brothers will retire soon. I would rather the dogs go for Tedesco and forget Woods as I am sure there's another good prop in the lower grades. We already let a couple go in the last few years that could have done OK for us like Ese'ese. There has to be some good backs coming off contract like a Mansour, Moyland or Rapana. Mitchell Moses went to Parra and I don't know if the dogs had a chance and Bird went to Broncos. Maybe a young Cody walker or Ash Taylor for half or one of the Panthers halves if they are coming off contract. I know there is talk about Foran and Cronk but we need some good backs. Frawley has been good and lets hope he can continue to shine.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mr Hass
I agree with you 100%
When Kas Comes on the game changes - we look to be running straight and as happened in south's game as well his first touch was a line break

Mr Flamboyant - you just said Hass is delusional yet you are making comments about the whole thing by listening to commentry only lol
Your Work horse Mr TOLMAN can play 200 minutes direct Becoz the speed he is playing at doesn't tire one out
And for Graham - love his passion and commitment but has he been the same guy since Good Friday? Don't think so
No, i said i listened to the commentary because i was replying to someone, but as i have said in other posts i have actually watched the game twice on tv.
Im not saying i dont like kas, but to say he is the only forward that makes an impact is incorrect. He may be the only forward that makes a crazy offload, or breaks the line, but that doesnt mean the other forwards dont make an impact. in the broncos game klem made 265m, is that no impact??? Week before last graham made 235m and 51 tackles including a try saving cover defense tackle. again, no impact?? kas also makes a lot of mistakes like the pass from the scrum to NO ONE that i mentioned, which turned a scrum in awesome attacking position into a whole lot more tackling for the team. Again, this is where our other forwards make an impact with their defense.

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I liked the general too but go on tell the truth weren't you always a little worried every time the ball went up that he was going to spill it.....
Only because of his eyes. I don't think I was ever actually worried with him at the back. His positional play was spectacular.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Whatever games you watch please let me know... we have absolutely nothing in forwards until kasiano comes on.. against the knewcastle knights and broncos same shit until kasiano came on and forced us over with some damaging runs. Our forwards are rubbish.. we have graham and tolman both identical players.. one is ok to swallow but two? You got no clue from top to bottom.. thank god the coach sees it and is chasing woods oh and also we were losing to knights and broncos prior to kasiano coming on and giving our halfs so much needed room to move. Open your eyes mate
Whatever games you watch please let me know... we have absolutely nothing in forwards until kasiano comes on.. against the knewcastle knights and broncos same shit until kasiano came on and forced us over with some damaging runs. Our forwards are rubbish.. we have graham and tolman both identical players.. one is ok to swallow but two? You got no clue from top to bottom.. thank god the coach sees it and is chasing woods oh and also we were losing to knights and broncos prior to kasiano coming on and giving our halfs so much needed room to move. Open your eyes mate
First of all, im a kasiano fan. always have been. But What did kas offer in the first 4 weeks?? Absolutely nothing.
You mention the knights and broncos games. Against the broncs klemmer ran for 265m. Is this what you call no impact?? Against the knights graham made 235m and 51 tackles with no misses, including a try saving tackle from no where.
If these are the types of games where you claim our forwards have no impact then you are clearly one of two things. 1. Completely biased towards kasiano (maybe you own a KFC or kebab shop) or 2. You dont watch the game very closely and think a fancy offload is the only way a forward makes impact in a game.
Half the time kas comes on and forces a pass or an offload and turns the ball over. Like when he threw the ball to no one off the scrum when we were 10m out from the rabbits line. It was almost as bad as lichaas pass.
I get it. Kas is a great impact player and an X factor. But to claim all of our other forwards have no impact is rediculous. Its a team sport.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
First of all, im a kasiano fan. always have been. But What did kas offer in the first 4 weeks?? Absolutely nothing.
You mention the knights and broncos games. Against the broncs klemmer ran for 265m. Is this what you call no impact?? Against the knights graham made 235m and 51 tackles with no misses, including a try saving tackle from no where.
If these are the types of games where you claim our forwards have no impact then you are clearly one of two things. 1. Completely biased towards kasiano (maybe you own a KFC or kebab shop) or 2. You dont watch the game very closely and think a fancy offload is the only way a forward makes impact in a game.
Half the time kas comes on and forces a pass or an offload and turns the ball over. Like when he threw the ball to no one off the scrum when we were 10m out from the rabbits line. It was almost as bad as lichaas pass.
I get it. Kas is a great impact player and an X factor. But to claim all of our other forwards have no impact is rediculous. Its a team sport.
Ridiculous*

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I liked the general too but go on tell the truth weren't you always a little worried every time the ball went up that he was going to spill it......The thing is that FB play has changed a fair bit in recent years and you can't afford to just have a safe FB. We had that with Perrett and while he wasn't a risk he didn't give us that extra zip that you need to break defences. Patten was the same.
Wasn't really worried that Patten would spill it.

And I think you're being unfair on him comparing his attacking abilities to Perret's at full back. Pretty sure Patten had a decent strike rate at fullback for us.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

And I think you're being unfair on him comparing his attacking abilities to Perret's at full back. Pretty sure Patten had a decent strike rate at fullback for us.
Yep. General was good for us but the point of the comparison was to demonstrate that Patten wasn't particularly fast. Positionally he did well. He was a bit shaky under the high ball and I don't remember a big passing game. It worked for us then because we had some pretty good strike out wide. Todays FBs need to be quick, have either a great running game or good ball playing (if not both). That wouldn't be a good description of Patten.

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

He could ball play and evade a tackle/ score a try. Looked s but awkward but generally safe and reliable too. I think he must be remembering a different player.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He could ball play and evade a tackle/ score a try. Looked s but awkward but generally safe and reliable too. I think he must be remembering a different player.
Yeh that's what I remember of him too. He did know how to pop up in the right places at the right time.

N

Natboy

I can't even remember Patten dropping a ball. I know he would have but he was very safe as much as I remember

I'm pissed off we aren't getting Tedesco.
Woods is ok but nothing to get excited about. Very disappointed yet again dogs!!

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife calls me pessimistic, but I'm optimistic about the Woods signing. Not just on the filed but he brings an old school occa can do attitude that will be good for club moral. Happy relaxed players play well !

Reactions: DT
Status
Not open for further replies.