Won't anybody think of the kids? Why Gus's Bulldogs signing blitz might come at a cost

Rocket64

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The development paths are in place for our under 16 -18’s we won’t see the cream rise for another 2-3 years that why Gus is signing NRL experience players for only 2-3 year contracts .. there is also no guarantee some of these kids will be up to NRL standard. Gus’s strategy is the right one, remove the deadwood, replace them with players that are highly competitive, know what success looks and feels like and want to win every game.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the club now sees we need more experienced players who can defend at NRL standard but yes some of these slightly better players could block pathways. I'd prefer we added a handful of marquees than more standard NRL types. I think that would help the younger players more and would set better standards in the long run. Younger players loo up to stars and want to copy them including their harder training and extras
True but we still sifting through the shit here as if u would be holding on to this crew. Establishing standards and culture is not a dance pageant at the beginning of the year, big diff between celebrating ethnic cultures and work culture and ethics..CC knows that tribal dance does not create a work ethic, just some inclusiveness and honesty, this honesty has not translated into team performance this squad is lying about their capability and desire.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Has anyone heard anymore about the possibility of extending the top 30 to 34 etc or allowing developemnt players n second tier contracted players to be selected before rd 11. - was mentioned earlier this as being considered given the effect of concussion protocols and injuries across clubs.
It’s part of the current RLPA versus NRL fight, the RLPA wants Top 40 (which includes Development players). Then any of the 40 can play anytime, rather than forcing clubs to go cap in hand to the NRL asking for exemptions every 5 minutes.

I believe we are now at 35 players used.

Always a Bulldog

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
It’s part of the current RLPA versus NRL fight, the RLPA wants Top 40 (which includes Development players). Then any of the 40 can play anytime, rather than forcing clubs to go cap in hand to the NRL asking for exemptions every 5 minutes.

I believe we are now at 35 players used.

Always a Bulldog
thanks - it needs get sorted - being able to use any of 40 rather than 30 would elp keep players in the game strengthen nsw cup etc

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most of these signings are cheap short term contracts to give time for our juniors to develop.
As we’ve seen this year our gun kids aren’t ready.

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
After I read Alamoti and stand out in the same sentence I wrote this comment. Lost me. Only thing that stands out is his shit defence and ability to lose meters with ball in hand.

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tepai Moeroa is off contract, would be a good and cheap pick up runs hard and strong. Wouldn't mind him off the bench.

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully Gus has seen how he's been playing lately and signs him instead of another back or utility player.

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are growing talent. But there
Is no sense in exposing that talent to early. I would rather see these young blokes develop in them lower grades then play in our current rabble of a team. With this in mind a few experienced signings that improve our squad are most welcomed. Not sure why the media are carrying on. In it regards to the loss of Averillo , it may end up a monumental mistake. Unfortunately we were playing him at centre when the dolphins made their offer. I would agree the money the Dolphins were paying him as a centre was overs and we shouldn't of got into a bidding war . Had we of been playing him at fullback though it would of been a great investment at that price. I blame this on Ciraldo poor selections. In regards to Allomotti, I haven't seen anything that is suggesting his gonna be a superstar centre .