Winning ugly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Go the defense in the final 20, shutting them down and forcing errors, they wanted the win, full of character.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The first 60 minutes the refs were gifting the game to the Tigers.

Then someone obviously tapped them on the shoulder and advised them they were making it WAY too obvious, and all of a sudden we got back into the game.

In our case every week it seems we are battling 14 players on field.. and one of them (ref) we cannot beat.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The first 60 minutes the refs were gifting the game to the Tigers.

Then someone obviously tapped them on the shoulder and advised them they were making it WAY too obvious, and all of a sudden we got back into the game.

In our case every week it seems we are battling 14 players on field.. and one of them (ref) we cannot beat.
I've thought this for a long time. I thought for the first 20 against the Chooks they were blatantly biased. Was surprised we got any calls at all. Didn't watch this game that closely but not surprised to hear people thought poorly of the referees

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
To me its heartening.
Good teams win even when they play shit.
We've proved we can hang with the top sides, but lately we're not dropping the games against the shit sides (like we usually do). That's the reason we're where we are on the table.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We won and won ugly.....yes a win is a win but we need to be honest and admit that our defence is a worry......too many one on one misses ......reynolds is a real worry in defense......he often gets bumped off.....he has a real bad tackling style.....does he know how to tackle around the legs? And ket me tell you if the tigers didnt bomb thst try by renkins after they were leading 22 to 16 the result would have been different.....we need to be honest.....but we are not good enough to beat the teams like the cowboys

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
You have to remember that the Roosters and Tigers were up for these games both had their season riding on it. They both started on fire and we managed to get the momentum back. Theres no doubt we have turned the corner I think we would have lost both of these earlier in the season.

Reactions: DT

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tigers came out really strong to start the game, as expected. Happy enough with the win tbh. They were playing for their season and had a very good attitude to begin. We were too strong for them in th end. Funny how lots of people have bitched about our attack but its actually simple errors in defence which have been our biggest down fall this year. If we can tighten up our defence I think we will give the finals a real shake.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was at the game and the Tigers where always offside
Dogluva and I were at the game and Klein was sucking the Tigers off all night. They were offside and cheap shoting us and Klein never penalised them. He also helped the Tigers up the field with bullshit penalties.

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tigers came out really strong to start the game, as expected. Happy enough with the win tbh. They were playing for their season and had a very good attitude to begin. We were too strong for them in th end. Funny how lots of people have bitched about our attack but its actually simple errors in defence which have been our biggest down fall this year. If we can tighten up our defence I think we will give the finals a real shake.
Jackson tightens up our right side defence. With him out for origin the Tigers tried to take advantage of this.

Ambrose

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The Tigers played well and were up for the game. Barring 2 or 3 blowouts they are having a reasonable season. They went toe to toe with the sharks, beat the Broncos and went down by one to the Storm. When they complete sets they are a good team. IMO opinion it wasn't that bad of a result.

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jackson tightens up our right side defence. With him out for origin the Tigers tried to take advantage of this.
He certainly does. Still think we have let in too many points this season though.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We won and won ugly.....yes a win is a win but we need to be honest and admit that our defence is a worry......too many one on one misses ......reynolds is a real worry in defense......he often gets bumped off.....he has a real bad tackling style.....does he know how to tackle around the legs? And ket me tell you if the tigers didnt bomb thst try by renkins after they were leading 22 to 16 the result would have been different.....we need to be honest.....but we are not good enough to beat the teams like the cowboys
*Copies post, for two weeks from now. *

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think people often forget that pretty much every team 'turns up' to play us..beating Canterbury is often teams high points of the season when they look back.
That said I thought at least 6 of the Tigers players should be in the olympics for their speed in defence, of course that is sarcastic and they were bloody off side and right next to dickhead Klein every time yet not one penalty for off side all night, again!
How is it we play perfect sides week after week?

Now I'm pretty sure we also had 2 players out due to boring origin yet in not one report I've read has it been mentioned, only constant references to tigers being understrength with 3 out..1 being Farrah who seriously should have retired a few years ago...any wonder nsw can't win a game.
But onwards we go, losing penalty counts every game even at our 'home' games and reporters choose to forget we also had players out for rep duties...ah it's great to be a bulldog and continually sticking it up everyone when we win despite all their efforts to make us lose.
That penalty on Graham on the stroke of halftime, what a disgraceful call from possibly the worst ref since Harrigan...and that's a massive call considering how shit all refs are in the nrl

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At least if Reynolds makes an error he tries to make up for it with extra effort and that tackle he got bumped off from Grant who is twice his size was a perfect example...who was back there one tackle later to clean up in goal?..Reynolds of course!

I'm happy to have Reynolds in our team and I think he cops a pretty raw deal from many people for the way he carries himself where people often think he is a dickhead...for mine Josh Reynolds is one of our only creative players in a sterile Hasler environment and thank christ we have him there

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Tigers are famous for starting on fire and getting caught. Ive seen them up 28-6 and lose this year. They do start well though lol.

And tbh Ugly win >>> a loss any day of the week.

Pogboom

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The victories from the last 2 weeks weren't the greatest but it proves to me and probably some other supporters of our team that we can come back in a game like last night and the roosters game when everything goes against and still come up with the 2 points in the end past yrs we would have just given up if nothing went our way but I feel there's something different about our side this yr. If we start our games better we can beat the top 3 sides storm Cowboys and sharks

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
According to my 55inch TV the Tigers were never more than 30inches away

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Last 2 weeks that's pretty much been it - both games went down to the final set of six.

I know a wins a win but I was really hoping we put Tigers away this week.

Still not sure about us as genuine title contenders.
The Sharks do it each week and the rugby league world are getting bones about it

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Dogluva and I were at the game and Klein was sucking the Tigers off all night. They were offside and cheap shoting us and Klein never penalised them. He also helped the Tigers up the field with bullshit penalties.
Yeah the Tigers where slowing the play the ball and soon as we do it we get penalised

Jackson.CT

Kennel Participant
Gilded
Reaction score
Even though they where ugly they where still good wins, we remained calm while being down and still picked up the 2 points both times

Status
Not open for further replies.