Opinion Will you accept this?

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a fan, I’ve learnt how important it is to put my expectations in hibernation. Anything else is too painful. Looking at the draw ahead, it would be a miracle if we finished 12 or above. The squad needs an established halfback and 2 big boppers up front. Anything less means we’ll just be playing with our dicks for another year. No point sacking the coach, we just need better ammo moving forward.
And spending money on another ex penrith hack in T May is going to solve anything. For the amount of money we have forked out already we should be flying not scrambling the avoid the spoon.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
“Too much weights, not enough speed work “
I came home from the pub with some mates one night and in my best Muss impersonation said to my Mrs “cook me some fucking eggs woman”……..it didn’t go as well as I had planned :laughing:

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
People need to be more realisitc. You can't win with no 7, 1 & forward pack. We're building & have a young squad. Also our juniors are as good as any club because of Gus. The only issue that I have is CC needs to stop picking players that have no future like Perham at 1& Flanagan at 7.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought we would be better this season but nah.
We have a lot of soft bitches in our 30.
Gus needs to wheel the chalkboard out and start again.
Very real chance we get the spoon again.

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly we are just a weak club, probably won't be a powerhouse ever again.
If we somehow make the finals one year in the near future, I bet we would miss the 8 the following season...

We have no leaders in the spine or in the middle of the field. Some will argue Mahoney, but he's showing fuck all lately by his standards as well. This club just seems to bring the worst out in players.
He can’t do everything not trying to defend him but he ain’t the biggest bloke he’s merely a speed hump our forwards aren’t helping him in the middle defending it’s disgraceful

MountMontoya

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Having 10 players out injured didn't help us

Because we weren't able to cement combos properly and killed the teams momentum

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
It would be fine to expect us to finish this year maybe just outside the 8, as long as all the other bottom 8 teams don't improve 1 iota from last year. But they have. Knights, Warriors are better than last year, as are Brisbane and Raiders. So we may of improved, but they did more than us.
Throw in injuries, and the fact we sacked Flanagan and moved Burton to 7. So many unknowns. No team stands still season on season.
After his week, we are in the bottom 3.
Where do we start our climb back? Defence.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Started the year with a terrible spine so were never going to threaten the 8. I was hoping the club would unearth some talent and I haven’t seen that which is the most disappointing part. Guys like KO, Patalo, Rajab, Perham, Edwards, Alomoti just don’t excite me. Where is our depth in key positions coming from next year? When are we going to sign some experienced players that are already proven first graders and stop hoping some of our young guys will come good?