Will Hopoate to play Sundays this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Good news.
One step on the road to getting an upset win against the Roosters.
Hopefully the boys get a few good hits on the cheap shot artist Kane Evans!

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
It's a contract year for him, so, hard not to be sceptical about his motivation, but its good news either way.

dogsballs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He's been really good this year, people said he was a lot quieter last week Bukit you have to remember he played 2 games close together with the rep round. If we can get him for under 500k with him playing Sunday's then that's a very good deal.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Clearly he has been told he will get another contract if he starts playing Sunday's now

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
But will his new contract if he signs with us have such a clause?

I'd offer him 450-550k and play him at centre. That still leaves us a gun fullback short of having a premiership credential team.

Hoppa at centre will give us the best of both worlds, damaging runner and crunching defence.

His lateral movement at fullback is a liability when the line is broken.
Then where do you play Brenko Lee as Josh ha the other centre spot locked down?

1. Abbey
2. BMoz
3. JMoz
4. Hoppa
5. Lee

???

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

1. Abbey
2. BMoz
3. JMoz
4. Hoppa
5. Lee

???
Abbey isn't playing fullback for us anytime soon and Brenko sure as shit isn't getting pushed out of centre while he's currently one of the best offensive centres in the game. If Hoppa stays he will play fullback.

Also lol @ "dad inserted his finger into bumholes". Who did that? :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

1. Abbey
2. BMoz
3. JMoz
4. Hoppa
5. Lee

???
Our weakest backline player is holland. He isn't a damaging runner, he isn't fast. He is just a solid finisher. He is like a poor mans elmasri. Also his kicking isn't the best. But I doubt Hasler will be dropping him any time soon.

I will admit lee has been probably our most damaging ball runner and he has made holland look a million bucks with his off loads and line break assists.

I guess we could put hoppa on the wing but when our other winger is on big bucks and his bucks will only go up higher next year I don't know if we can have another big money winger. Montoya and lee create balance because they are cheapies. Not sure how our cap will look after upgrading Hoppa and moving him to the wing and trying to find another fullback.

I am a fan of hoppa. He just isn't a top line fullback. Great football mind. Good kick on him, good position play and powerful runner. Just lacks acceleration of the top fullbacks in the comp and that will cost you in attack and defence.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As he should be, no one is stopping him going to church in the morning! It's over by 10am anyway!

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Here come the tigers with a bag full of $$$$$$

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
My concern is whether he mentally turns up on Sundays.

Would hate for it to weigh on his mind and him suffering with every step he takes on the field, silently crying that he will be going to hell with every tackle and run he makes.

cyborg66

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Canterbury fullback Will Hopoate has backflipped on his decision to sit out on Sunday games and will lace up the boots against the Roosters on Sunday.

The religious mormon informed his teammates on Monday morning that he would be available for the Bulldogs' clash on the weekend and in an even bigger boost for round 13 against the Panthers and round 18 against the Knights.

"We don't live in a perfect world," Hopoate said.

"We're coming up with a few Sunday games beginning with this week. Coming off the back of injury and me wanting to stay at the club as well.

"They (the club) came from a business decision, and at the end of the day rugby league is a business.

"I understand that and I totally understand where the club is coming from."

The 25-year-old has been on a reduced contract at his time at Belmore and might be changing his mind as he fights for a new contract in 2018.

The Bulldogs are reported to still be interested in his services next season while the Tigers are keeping a close eye on him.

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...bulldogs-des-hasler/nm6tymszqiyv19keevph020q1

cyborg66

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
mods can delete this thread didn't see the other one

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Thats the problem with the Kennel.

Too many chiefs and not enough Indians.

Something happens and every **** wants to be Stephen King and pen a novel about it.

Next thing you know theres 8 threads on the same thing, often with lazy misinformed or ignorant information attached.

Ambrose

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don't know why people are so hard on him. He might have been part-time but he's been a bargain. The club agreed to the terms. Plus how many of us would give up all the money he has? He's change of heart makes him inconsistent but who is perfect? I get more annoyed with guys who eat up large chunks of the salary cap and deliver very little. Hoppa's return on investment has been acceptable at the very least.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't know why people are so hard on him. He might have been part-time but he's been a bargain. The club agreed to the terms. Plus how many of us would give up all the money he has? He's change of heart makes him inconsistent but who is perfect? I get more annoyed with guys who eat up large chunks of the salary cap and deliver very little. Hoppa's return on investment has been acceptable at the very least.
my issue is they gave him a spinal position that disrupts the membrane of our attack.
Shouldve been a winger with us, or at most, a centre three quarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.