Will Hopoate praying for new no-Sundays deal with Canterbury Bulldogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Surely his 2 year mission in the prime of his footy life and his stance on Sundays to date proves his commitment to his faith. No one could doubt that.

But business is business now and he knows it so sign him up to play Sundays and get on with it.
he was getting paid by Parra during those 2yrs off

cazman

Waterboy
Reaction score
At the end of the day his a good reliable player and worth keeping for the right price as long he plays Sundays

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Gee he chimes nicely in the backline. He's playing pretty well tonight for Tonga.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
he was getting paid by Parra during those 2yrs off
He was signed to a contract but only getting peanuts while he was away. They kept in contact around exercise and diet but that was all.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
already thrown a couple of cutout passes and one for a try. Is tackling anything that gets through and running well.
I reckon he is just as good and reliable as any other full back. One weakness is his turning circle/ directional change. If he can play fulltime, he will fit in well.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tolman gives his heart and soul every week a great club man,and u have to remember parramatta paid half his wages last year because of ongoing court dispute,would b a good buy if he produces more consistent football.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
As I said previously keep him on chump change. But if he starts making demands or has any silly ideas of being the million-dollar-morman-part-time-footballer then let him walk.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
As I said previously keep him on chump change. But if he starts making demands or has any silly ideas of being the million-dollar-morman-part-time-footballer then let him walk.
I'm with you
I am all for signing him

But the no Sunday thing has to end.

What worries me with hoppa is how his form goe from very good, to slowly average without much notice.

I worry he is playing well at the moment to earn a new contract.
And that form will diminish once a contract is obtained.

On current form,
With playing Sunday's
I'd happily offer him a handsom contract.

But

Reality is
That form will drop away,
So based on that risk, as has been proven with hoppa over the years, I'd reduce his contract slightly

And no sundays
Well
That should not be on the table at all

WestBeast

Peyow Peyow
Reaction score
He has a better allround skillset than Dugan , sucks that he feels the need to be this religious crusader..

cLEBrity

Mujnoon
Reaction score
He signs a contract and play Sundays , he will cost us more which will affect salary cap he will be on full time contract, no Sundays means he will be on less , part time contract sign him on a second tier contract lol , we will have more money in the cap, catch my drift? or do you want to spend a MILLION on another fullback, keep him and spend the money on a half or maybe 2 halves lol

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
2 try assists, 2 line break assists, 6 tackle breaks, 1 offload, 18 runs for 145m last night

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
2 try assists, 2 line break assists, 6 tackle breaks, 1 offload, 18 runs for 145m last night
Oh no he is starting to drop off already!! Won't be long before he is just a passenger out there.......:grinning:

Minion

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He should be praying for a new job offer that is full time, because you simply cannot be a part time NRL player anymore.
Or go join the queue at Centrelink.

Reactions: DT

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How many Sunday games do have this year....anyone know?

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
How many Sunday games do have this year....anyone know?
Scroll the draw.
Thanks Hoppa, showed great leadership last night, what do the dogs have to do to get him to change his mind?
Oh well I respect his decision, its his life.

Status
Not open for further replies.