Will Hopoate praying for new no-Sundays deal with Canterbury Bulldogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
As the article says he will only miss 3 games this year which is not really a big deal, and at least it can be prepared for unlike injury.
The only issue i have is the grandfinal is played on a sunday. Perhaps we can persuade the NRL to play it on saturday if we make it??? :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
4 Sundays actually he could have come back a week earlier but it was a Sunday, also that's only to round 20 he could cop another 6 sundays after that and also semi finals.........oh and the GF is on a Sunday

how could you sign him know part of your spine would be missing for the GF if you made it even if he was fit and healthy? and don't give me the shit about he might play in the semis and GF.....out for one out for ALL

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
4 Sundays actually he could have come back a week earlier but it was a Sunday, also that's only to round 20 he could cop another 6 sundays after that and also semi finals.........oh and the GF is on a Sunday

how could you sign him know part of your spine would be missing for the GF if you made it even if he was fit and healthy? and don't give me the shit about he might play in the semis and GF.....out for one out for ALL
Calm down mate. Like i said, for 250k i think he is worth it. Put him in the centres to save disruptions.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He's not going to be playing forever plus has the whole off season to have Sundays off. If he's not willing to commit to play every game then let him go elsewhere.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He's worth that, gotta love a down to earth bloke that loves his footy, yep keep him.
I have been a critic of the whole sunday thing, but if he continues current form for the remainder of the year, and we can have him for peanuts next year, then i would accept him. Think about it like this, with the money we save we could afford another quality player in the 250-400k bracket. Surely thats good business??

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I have been a critic of the whole sunday thing, but if he continues current form for the remainder of the year, and we can have him for peanuts next year, then i would accept him. Think about it like this, with the money we save we could afford another quality player in the 250-400k bracket. Surely thats good business??

Yes only if he agrees to play every Sunday game during finals

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As long as he agrees to play Sunday's in finals I could go with it but would t want him in the spine

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Was the graham giving him a gobfull rumour true?
Nah come from management after the panthers loss, its frustrating the club to no end knowing he has it but they cant use it.

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And have it written in his contract that if he is fit on weeks where the dogs play Sunday
He should play reggies on Saturdays if a game is on.
There is a good reason the Dogs don't do that with him:
A) It stifles development for other juniors who we should be developing when we drop him to reggies.
B) If he cops an injury we are back to being down a fullback and our reserves aren't great.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If he even misses one game when fit and we make the grand final he should be left out the squad, no **** is above the team.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And the Mormons will hit him up for 10% as well

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I recognise his talent but if he is not 100% than he should be shown the door. I have no doubt if we made a GF than he would make himself available and the bloke who does usually play Sundays misses out. Your either in or your out.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
This is so stupid. Absolutely stupid

1. The club should tell him to piss off. No Sundays no contract

2. The modern day calendar wasn't created by God. It's an arbitrary system that determines one fucking revolution around the sun.

3. Given point 2, just pick a random fucking day in the week and take your Sabbath you religious lunatic
Don't say that, he'll probably pick Fridays!

From the quotes it actually seem like he is at least looking st it a bit more pragmatically. Crap headline really.

But I agree no Sunday, no pay and no play.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seriously, and this is nothing personal or against anyone's beliefs as I am talking from a footy point of view but for whatever reason if a player can't commit himself to every game in a professional sport he should not be a part of it. This is the highest level in Rugby League a player can be a part of and is a full-time job, required to work on most weekends. Fans invest a decent part of their salary to watch the best players available in a club barring injury and this kind of attitude and lack of respect for the fans is nothing short of unprofessional from the player and club. It is a disgrace that the fans are asked to become a member or go and support their team on a Sunday when a player is not prepared to do likewise and play. It's a bloody disgrace.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is so stupid. Absolutely stupid

1. The club should tell him to piss off. No Sundays no contract

2. The modern day calendar wasn't created by God. It's an arbitrary system that determines one fucking revolution around the sun.

3. Given point 2, just pick a random fucking day in the week and take your Sabbath you religious lunatic

I think we are all blinded by the fact that he is missing Sundays and are not considering the impact this clause will have on his other games. In any employment situation when an employee is satisfied, then they will be motivated to perform better. Hopoate is undoubtedly playing better at the dogs than he was at Parra (who said no to his terms) . The reason is because he is motivated to perform (when he does play) because he is able to fulfil his religious duties and is grateful to the club for allowing him to take time off. In my opinion, give him his time off to motivate him to perform better in the games he does play. The dogs need to embrace his cultural diversity.

Reactions: TAS

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Religion rules people's lives too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.