Will Hopoate out of Bulldogs’ finals clash against Panthers due to religious reasons

Status
Not open for further replies.

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
He isn't my favourite person/player but Fmd we need his spark.
True that.
On another note be careful guys because this place and the club are starting to do what all the "HATERS" want, And thats implode.
Lets all have our opinions but remember we all claim to support the one thing and thats the DOGS.
Just saying.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
True that.
On another note be careful guys because this place and the club are starting to do what all the "HATERS" want, And thats implode.
Lets all have our opinions but remember we all claim to support the one thing and thats the DOGS.
Just saying.
This is just tremors bro, the implosion will happen Sunday night.

But you're right, fans of the other shitty clubs are loving this.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
With Hoppa not playing, IMO it makes your team stronger.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's all on Hasler and castle
If we lose I want it to be by 30 so then a push turns into a big shove

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Now thats a lot better! :grinning: you see.... you can still get the message across if you try hard enough without using disrespectful names (Germ, Scum Bog, Long John Wearing MFR) to people like you and me who are all part of the Bulldogs.
If we are good enough then we will bash the Panthers without Hoppa, then we will bash the next lot like Cronulla WITH Hoppa, hopefully you will meet Will one day and you will see what a great bloke he really is because I have.
Honestly mate, he might be one of the best blokes in the world.....but as long as he wont play Sundays he has no business being anywhere near our footy team and Des and our board should have realised that.

Hoppa's signing was one of the worst signings in professional sporting history IMO.

WPN32R

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It is part of the Mormon religion not to work on Sunday. We are encouraged by our church leaders to keep Sunday as holy as possible. Sunday, the sabbath day, is a day for rest. As Mormons, we follow it stricly but no one is forced into not working on a Sunday. There are many Mormon men and women, who hold down proffessional jobs such as doctors, nurses, police persons, etc, who may be rostered to work on a Sunday. The church understands this and so does our Heavenly Father. If Mormons find themselves working on a Sunday then they would often keep that day with as much reverence as they can. Mormons don’t work on a Sunday as a sign of respect to Heavenly Father. The Bible tells us of a commandment in which God ask his children to keep the sabbath day holy. Another reason why we don’t work on a Sunday is that we attend church (sacrament meeting), and many members have responsibilities in the church like teaching Sunday school. These are just some of the reasons why we do not work Sundays

Untamed

Previously wilddog
Reaction score
It is part of the Mormon religion not to work on Sunday. We are encouraged by our church leaders to keep Sunday as holy as possible. Sunday, the sabbath day, is a day for rest. As Mormons, we follow it stricly but no one is forced into not working on a Sunday. There are many Mormon men and women, who hold down proffessional jobs such as doctors, nurses, police persons, etc, who may be rostered to work on a Sunday. The church understands this and so does our Heavenly Father. If Mormons find themselves working on a Sunday then they would often keep that day with as much reverence as they can. Mormons don’t work on a Sunday as a sign of respect to Heavenly Father. The Bible tells us of a commandment in which God ask his children to keep the sabbath day holy. Another reason why we don’t work on a Sunday is that we attend church (sacrament meeting), and many members have responsibilities in the church like teaching Sunday school. These are just some of the reasons why we do not work Sundays
Hoppa is not working on Sundays, he's playing.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Correct, pretty sure Ben Hannant is a Mormon and he plays Sunday's, think S.Perrett is also.

Not wanting to start a religious debate, a topic I'm not well versed on, I just don't get it.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Just a quick question, what if your sabbath is the wrong day? Didn't God rest on the 7th day? The 7th day is Saturday. Aren't you pissing off God by celebrating the wrong day? If the answer is no then I'm pretty sure God wouldn't care if you played a game on Sunday.

With me, I really don't care which day is Sabbath as long as you observe it.

Last edited:

WPN32R

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Correct, pretty sure Ben Hannant is a Mormon and he plays Sunday's, think S.Perrett is also.

Not wanting to start a religious debate, a topic I'm not well versed on, I just don't get it.
Yeh same bro let him be well be fine without him

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I agree with you, Raelene can't sack Des, she'll shit herself at the meeting...

Also

Raelene - sorry Des we're going to have to let you go!
Des - why?
Raelene - I don't know! If I knew I would have told you!
Des - ummm, can you get someone, ummm, who knows ummmm what they're talking about!
Haha yeah she isn't there to dictate to Des and the board about what should happen with signings or on the footy field I don't think. I know many on here don't like her but I honestly think while she obviously has a lot of influence in terms of corporate growth and or related decisions, she isn't the head authority when it comes to decisions relating to footy. I think Des has a lot off control as stated on his contract and even if Raelene did want to sack him im not sure she'd be able to do so without board approval.

I don't know any of this for sure. It's just the impression I've formed from what I've read about the structure of her contract. Without seeing the actual contract it's hard to know.

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Religion im sure, is about humbleness.

Is it religion or money for him? Im confused..

How can he say he can't play this sunday but can if we make gf? Im confused..

Why is this guy special? Again in confused..

1 thing im sure of is whoever let this happen is the 1 to wear the blame.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Religion im sure, is about humbleness.

Is it religion or money for him? Im confused..

How can he say he can't play this sunday but can if we make gf? Im confused..

Why is this guy special? Again in confused..

1 thing im sure of is whoever let this happen is the 1 to wear the blame.
Exactly, everyone gets away with what you let them.

A player could put it in their contract that they will only play when they felt like it. If Des agreed to it then he is the idiot, not the player.

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly, everyone gets away with what you let them.

A player could put it in their contract that they will only play when they felt like it. If Des agreed to it then he is the idiot, not the player.
Yep. I really hate pointing the finger but when there is a hot topic u wana disect it and uncover what u think may be the problem. No fuckin bullshit... if not all, most of the problems the club is facing comes down to 1 person, that coach of ours! Thats how i see it anyway, i could be wrong.
Deadset i cant stand him and his manly influence.

WPN32R

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just a quick question, what if your sabbath is the wrong day? Didn't God rest on the 7th day? The 7th day is Saturday. Aren't you pissing off God by celebrating the wrong day? If the answer is no then I'm pretty sure God wouldn't care if you played a game on Sunday.

With me, I really don't care which day is Sabbath as long as you observe it.
Dunno cuz i have Friday prayer at 12ish n im done lol

WPN32R

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
But i think its time for the bulldogs to invest in a quality fullback and move hoppa to center

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
This is the confusing post lol

Status
Not open for further replies.