Why would J Reynolds have missed Origin 2 last year

Status
Not open for further replies.

dean_aus

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Sorry if this is in the wrong category but I just want to know why Reynolds would have missed Game 2 last year with his two match suspension when we had the bye, Manly and the Eels all before Game 2.

Ennis can so I'm happy but confused.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I think it is because he was in the squad. He was the half in game 1 so they can't play the "we aren't naming him" card.

With Ennis he isn't in the squad and has not been named, so due to some weird reason I do not understand, he is eligible if someone pulls out after his one game suspension expires. If Ennis was officially named before he copped his suspension, he would miss Origin.

Confused? So am I.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You raise a good question. Ennis can play because he's serving his 1 week on the weekend for the Sharks and will be free to join the blues after that game. Only point of contention there is whether he's allowed to train with the blues given he's not playing for the Sharks this week.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Havent they closed the no naming loophole? I know people thought reynolds was going to get 3-4 weeks for that tackle which was the main reason why he wouldnt of been able to play.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The squad had to be named the week of the suspension so he couldn't be named if that makes sense?

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
ennis wasn't the incumbent and Reynolds was at the time

dean_aus

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think it is because he was in the squad. He was the half in game 1 so they can't play the "we aren't naming him" card.

With Ennis he isn't in the squad and has not been named, so due to some weird reason I do not understand, he is eligible if someone pulls out after his one game suspension expires. If Ennis was officially named before he copped his suspension, he would miss Origin.

Confused? So am I.
Maybe he shouldn't have went to the judiciary then and we shouldn't have named him until the Monday.

Confused as anything.

dean_aus

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It's really not that hard.
You can't ban a player for two games off a 1 game suspension.
Ennis was not named for Origin nor was he in the squad as Farah was named regardless of injury. Ennis would have been named from Cronulla had he not been suspended and they play this week so he copped a one game ban and misses the Sharks game. He is then eligible from Monday evening onwards after the last game of the round is played. As Origin is played on a Wednesday he is ok to play.
Hope this clears it up.
It is nothing like the Lote Tuqiri issue years back when the Queenslanders named TBC as one of their wingers so he could play because Tuqiri played the first Origin game and clearly would have been named for the second one.
There is no guarantee Ennis will play anyway. If they can get Farah on the ground with a pain killer they will.
Won't matter anyway, Queensland will smash them! GO THE MIGHTY MAROONS!!!!!
Just want to know who decides that it's "clear someone will play" - You may have thought DCE would have been picked for Game 3 so how would it work in that scenario.

dean_aus

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If he didn't go to the judiciary he would still have been suspended as he is a niggling knob and had carryover points that would have seen him miss a week anyway. Doesn't matter as he can serve the suspension in his next match which would have been the sharks game as they don't have the bye. This really isn't that hard.
I'm talking about Reynolds last year. If he didn't go to the judiciary he copped a 2 game ban. Then he could have missed the Manly and Eels games for us before Origin 2 and NSW could have named him on the Monday once his suspension was up....

ArnieD

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It's really not that hard.
You can't ban a player for two games off a 1 game suspension.
Ennis was not named for Origin nor was he in the squad as Farah was named regardless of injury. Ennis would have been named from Cronulla had he not been suspended and they play this week so he copped a one game ban and misses the Sharks game. He is then eligible from Monday evening onwards after the last game of the round is played. As Origin is played on a Wednesday he is ok to play.
Hope this clears it up.
It is nothing like the Lote Tuqiri issue years back when the Queenslanders named TBC as one of their wingers so he could play because Tuqiri played the first Origin game and clearly would have been named for the second one.
There is no guarantee Ennis will play anyway. If they can get Farah on the ground with a pain killer they will.
Won't matter anyway, Queensland will smash them! GO THE MIGHTY MAROONS!!!!!
As I mentioned in a previous post how come origin three would have not counted to Jackson's suspension?

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
How come Jackson wasn't allowed to count origin as a game before getting the downgrade?
Because there's no consistency in the nrl lol

sultanofsydney

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
a week of a ban finishes after the last game of a round assuming the team played and didn't have the bye

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I don't get how people are still confused? Lol. SOO is considered part of the round, that is why it only counts as 1 week of the suspension instead of 2 games/week.

dean_aus

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don't get how people are still confused? Lol. SOO is considered part of the round, that is why it only counts as 1 week of the suspension instead of 2 games/week.
Which round is State of Origin considered in? For example... This Wednesday - is it counted as Round 17 or 18.

dean_aus

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
a week of a ban finishes after the last game of a round assuming the team played and didn't have the bye
Then why couldn't Reynolds have played without a downgrade last year. He got a 2 week suspension and we had Bye, Manly, Eels. If he didn't get downgraded he would have missed Bye, Manly, Eels, Origin and Raiders games.

Status
Not open for further replies.