Opinion Why we lost

Doggfather

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I have another reason why we lost, Stage Fright.

Any game with a big crowd over 30,000, we always underperform.

Think Good Friday, Magic Round and now Kings Birthday.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
You have just showed your lack of knowledge
Please dont post shit like this again
You have just showed your lack of self control.
Fairly sure I didn't force you to click on the link.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok - so here we go again for this week.
Try 1 - lets not go there. I have it on good authority the bunker was having cones and pressed the wrong button.

Try 2:
Probably the starting point is Burton gave away 6 again on the 5th tackle for.... playing dry hump in a 1 on 1 tackle.
View attachment 73905
I probably don't have a massive issue with TPJ here. He's trying to stop excess numbers on the outside. But Edwards and Kingy have to show more intent on the inside and Perham is already out of position.

Try 3:
View attachment 73906
TPJ is second marker. TPJ is ok to charge out. Edwards goes to5o far towards the outside (he nearly ends up in TPJ's pocket) which leaves the step open up the middle. For the record - with Edwards going out rather than covering the middle - thats a 4 defender on 3 attackers so they over numbered up.

Try 4:
View attachment 73907
Simple 4 on 4 and the runner is going to the outside. KO's attempt of a tackle wasn't great but Oki was a mess. And looking at this - no reason not to get a hand on him.

Try 5:
View attachment 73909
This was just a lack of collective effort. To me the best example is Burton. He's walked all the way through this play. And for the record - this was a double movement every day of the week - he promoted the ball from outside the in goal - despite his momentum.

Try 6:
View attachment 73910
Yes - that is our defensive line on a standard 2nd man play. If u look carefully - Gutho running around the back already has an erection looking at this. And that numphy standing in no mans land is Hayze. I give TPJ full effort for busting his ass to try stop this but honestly - reckon this try is on CC. I'm guessing he wanted Rajab at FB to give more attack - well this is the product in defence. And - as bad as this is - someone needs to tell Rajab that if he wants to stay in 1st grade - doing everything he can not to tackle Sivo is not the way to do it. Honestly - for all the good things he did in this game - that for me is a back to reserves u go. U have to give it a go. Weakest shit I've seen in years.

Anyways - my 2c - discuss.9
Try 2 - have a go at Mahoney standing there like one of Browns cows. Stagnant and out of position. Could he have come across to assist in cover?

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Try 2 - have a go at Mahoney standing there like one of Browns cows. Stagnant and out of position. Could he have come across to assist in cover?
Ssshhh. Myself and Ciraldo (per his presser) don't know shit and we shouldn't have posted this stuff. I feel so ashamed....

Killara DogStat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
U all talk about defence but we would not have 2 defend as much if we hold our possession more.

Step 1 stop trying to score on every play. Stop push the last miracle pass. We need to hold for 5 tackles the ball in attack then a good kick on last tackle. Trying getting the repeat set or trap them in deadball line to get a drop out if we can not score.

Percentage play nit trying to score every play. Most sets of 6 2day we list the ball first few tackles.

Lastly, too much sideways running we need to run straight first to get time to pass wide.

Then pressure will be less to defend as less sets of 6 to defend.

Back 2 basics!!!

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sure. U have a different opinion on two plays and I didn't watch it. Fck I got lucky with the other 4 tries then eh?

Ain't tabletop test match cricket mate - other pieces can move you know. If someone comes out you either slide or cover the inside. TPJ came out to go for the primary ballhandler and everyone else just ate popcorn. Try 2 - they are on your line. Someone has to take on the playmaker late in the count and the inside man is a better option than any other. Try 3 - maybe except TPJ was a marker. He's entitled. Since our marker D has been shite all year - wtf was the rest of the line doing anyway.

Anyways - I'm sure Buzz agreed with you tonight so all good.
Did you expect everyone to agree with you because you posted a thread? TPJ rushed out of the line, and Moses stepped him both times. Thats on him, no one else. Should the players beside him have closed the gap? Yeah probably, but if he didnt go for the big hit it wouldnt have happened. Ciraldo was very kind to him in the presser. I would have been furious with him.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Did you expect everyone to agree with you because you posted a thread? TPJ rushed out of the line, and Moses stepped him both times. Thats on him, no one else. Should the players beside him have closed the gap? Yeah probably, but if he didnt go for the big hit it wouldnt have happened. Ciraldo was very kind to him in the presser. I would have been furious with him.
Nah - just some sort of sensible argument when you don't agree.

Cannot have everything I suppose.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fair enough TPJ went hard to try and get to Moses…. He needs to communicate with his inside man to make sure they come as well or at least move across

this team is massively lacking someone that controls the team. There are good players but no one who is actually running the team.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What - u gunna let Moses just wander across the field like he has spiders on him?

And if u think tackling Moses gets u noticed for Origin - lol.
For mine, Moses was jogging, almost walking before he gave the under pass to Gutho…. It was pointless running out hard at Moses because he’s always distributing back inside or outside when he ambles - also, our awareness on danger players like Gutho was poor, it’s like we never do any video or just go off plan - likely the latter… young kids struggle to stick to a plan and that’s why experienced leaders are critical… Burto is mute, Mahoney is our only leader out there and his workload is too high… he’s first contact almost always, where the Fk are our forwards in the line, hiding behind Reed 2nd man in… they should be embarrassed and called out.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Rather than "why did we lose ?" - the question is why do we keep losing - and more specifically why do the forwrads keep getting dominated with n without the ball.

The answers are many - but imho the forwards do not play to a first grade standard for more than 15 to 20 minutes - with n without the ball - is the most significant reason.

If the club thinks Edwards Okunbor Morrin will be basis of a forward pack that will dominate others we will be looking at another three years.

Reggies were good yesterday BUT the opposition were made up of rm cup standard players

Parra played yesterday without Lane, Matterson n Brown -

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
So me disagreeing with you isnt sensible?
You disagreed because you thought TPJ was trying to be the glory hound. Not playing for his team, not trying to do something to give his team momentum, according to you he just went - I need to do this for my origin spot and fck everything else.

Thats not sensible.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I thi k it's because he showed effort. Idiotic effort but effort none the less. The guys inside showed no effort qt all to close the gap he left.

Lots of good teams have a play or two that will make a bad error in a game but they have players who make the effort to make up for the error.

Having said that TPJ should have learned from the first time he over chased lol

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ok - so here we go again for this week.
Try 1 - lets not go there. I have it on good authority the bunker was having cones and pressed the wrong button.

Try 2:
Probably the starting point is Burton gave away 6 again on the 5th tackle for.... playing dry hump in a 1 on 1 tackle.
View attachment 73905
I probably don't have a massive issue with TPJ here. He's trying to stop excess numbers on the outside. But Edwards and Kingy have to show more intent on the inside and Perham is already out of position.

Try 3:
View attachment 73906
TPJ is second marker. TPJ is ok to charge out. Edwards goes to5o far towards the outside (he nearly ends up in TPJ's pocket) which leaves the step open up the middle. For the record - with Edwards going out rather than covering the middle - thats a 4 defender on 3 attackers so they over numbered up.

Try 4:
View attachment 73907
Simple 4 on 4 and the runner is going to the outside. KO's attempt of a tackle wasn't great but Oki was a mess. And looking at this - no reason not to get a hand on him.

Try 5:
View attachment 73909
This was just a lack of collective effort. To me the best example is Burton. He's walked all the way through this play. And for the record - this was a double movement every day of the week - he promoted the ball from outside the in goal - despite his momentum.

Try 6:
View attachment 73910
Yes - that is our defensive line on a standard 2nd man play. If u look carefully - Gutho running around the back already has an erection looking at this. And that numphy standing in no mans land is Hayze. I give TPJ full effort for busting his ass to try stop this but honestly - reckon this try is on CC. I'm guessing he wanted Rajab at FB to give more attack - well this is the product in defence. And - as bad as this is - someone needs to tell Rajab that if he wants to stay in 1st grade - doing everything he can not to tackle Sivo is not the way to do it. Honestly - for all the good things he did in this game - that for me is a back to reserves u go. U have to give it a go. Weakest shit I've seen in years.

Anyways - my 2c - discuss.9
Yeah watching Rajab slow because he didnt want to commit in the tackle was very disappointing.
Near on impossible to stop Sivo at pace. Fact is if your FB and wont make the tackle to try and stop a try in first grade cause your too scared then absolutely no business playing in the NRL.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah watching Rajab slow because he didnt want to commit in the tackle was very disappointing.
Near on impossible to stop Sivo at pace. Fact is if your FB and wont make the tackle to try and stop a try in first grade cause your too scared then absolutely no business playing in the NRL.
that was the meaney n averillo defensive play when fb at the dogs - arrive just a few seconds late to avoid the physical confrontation.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
that was the meaney n averillo defensive play when fb at the dogs - arrive just a few seconds late to avoid the physical confrontation.
I like Rajab. I think he has alot to offer. I wouldnt want to tackle Sivo either. But you cant not tackle a player. Hopefully he learns from it.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I like Rajab. I think he has alot to offer. I wouldnt want to tackle Sivo either. But you cant not tackle a player. Hopefully he learns from it.
I do as well - he has an attacking game that would blossom behind a pack that can dominate - he isnt the issue at the dogs. I also like Morrin but he is a bench player at best - runs hard brings energy but not a player to build around - nor is Edwards nor is Okunbor.

Patolo was ok yesterday

Stuck with RFM n Sutton taking up cap space n top 30 spots - cant afford more reggie level forwards players in top 30. King has gone backwards - woeful last few games.

THe dogs seem to be heading down the same path of previous regimes by signing n resigning players that have the occcasional good game only to be found out by genuine first grade players or well coached teams - surely the club can see they need forwards who stay in the game with n without the ball