Why it’s time for unrecognisable Dogs to deliver ...and the recruit to spark a revolution

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think the biggest difference this year compared to the last 10 years is that we have competition in all positions. Our depth and experience has been bolstered big time. None of the players in this side should feel comfortable.

I still have many doubts, but squads like this are capable of surprising and doing well.

We should also take confidence from a side like the Raiders. Their spine on paper looks rubbish, yet went up to Newcastle and grinded out an easy win in the end.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Included in that squad was players who have since gone on to find success in Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, Jeremy Marshall-King, Nick Meaney and Adam Elliott.

… these lads are all struggling with the count of trophies in their cabinets. What success have they had?

Kudos to you for beating djdeep to an article though. That’s success right there!

chihuahua dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Included in that squad was players who have since gone on to find success in Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, Jeremy Marshall-King, Nick Meaney and Adam Elliott.

… these lads are all struggling with the count of trophies in their cabinets. What success have they had?

Kudos to you for beating djdeep to an article though. That’s success right there!
The early bird gets the rehashed news article post glory

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think the biggest difference this year compared to the last 10 years is that we have competition in all positions. Our depth and experience has been bolstered big time. None of the players in this side should feel comfortable.

I still have many doubts, but squads like this are capable of surprising and doing well.

We should also take confidence from a side like the Raiders. Their spine on paper looks rubbish, yet went up to Newcastle and grinded out an easy win in the end.
I tend to agree,
Without a quality halfback, and very poor front row rotation, we are not going to blow any team out of the park.
Our only chance to win any game is to grind it out.
Grinding out a win comes down to team attitude and resilience.

It's exactly why the coach is starting with Hutchinson over Sexton.
For those who don't know.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score

Of these names dwz is the only one who’s actually looked good and he wouldn’t get a run in our backline?

Meaney has been a role player who is surrounded by elite spine and still meh.

Jmk and Elliott are fringe first graders and still meh as fuck and again wouldn’t get a run for our best 13 although maybe off the bench.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Of these names dwz is the only one who’s actually looked good and he wouldn’t get a run in our backline?

Jmk and Elliott are fringe first graders and still meh as fuck and again wouldn’t get a run for our best 13 although maybe off the bench.

And everyone else can't find a club

But according to that idiot buzz, we did wrong in changing the squad

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Importantly all four of those guys were taking up (or would take up if we had re-signed them) a lot of cap in our squad. They are all legit first graders, but haven't shown enough to be in the top 10 of any clubs cap, with the possible exception of DWZ. They can all do a job, and are successful in that they have continued to play NRL, but they aren't the leaders and gun players that we actually need. Good luck to them in their current and future clubs.

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I tend to agree,
Without a quality halfback, and very poor front row rotation, we are not going to blow any team out of the park.
Our only chance to win any game is to grind it out.
Grinding out a win comes down to team attitude and resilience.

It's exactly why the coach is starting with Hutchinson over Sexton.
For those who don't know.
Agreed mate, if we can grind and build pressure a few big wins will come along the way on the back of all that and some momentum. By all reports we are super fit this year, If we can stay in it each wk then we might just catch a few more teams late in a game. Massive year for us.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We also have to remember we weren't going so bad early on last year. We had some very ligitiment depth and injury issues that eventually became too much.
And that the high of beating the storm in Melbourne made what was to come all that harder to take. We've more depth, that is certain. The next questions will be can this team do CC's defensive plan better, and can it absorb and ride out the challenges that happen every season.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We also have to remember we weren't going so bad early on last year. We had some very ligitiment depth and injury issues that eventually became too much.
I think the signs were there early on for what was coming. A lot of asterisks on our wins for one reason or another. This years the best squad we've ever had since the pain but is it enough? I'm not sure (to say it nicely).

GoTeamRaRaFunky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

these lads are all struggling with the count of trophies in their cabinets. What success have they had?

They are??

Anyway am starting to think that the bulldogs lost their way when they stopped promoting and supporting coaches from within.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When we get our opportunities on their line, we really need to come away with points 8 out of 10 times ..

Im hoping we’ve moved on from the ugly clunky attack and not knowing who’s doing what ..

Really want to see a smooth attack with plenty of runners in motion, everyone knowing their role & some set plays ..

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gonna be tuff we all these new players at seasons start, attack will be very clunky, hopefully improve as the season progresses.

Jippst

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

While I tend to agree in parts here ,we also have to remember that the raiders have strong Props & rotation,where we don't..I'd kill for a Mariota/Guler as that kept them on the front foot

Expedite

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just wonder, if Sloshedfield caught fire, would he instantly combust due to the amount of alcohol in his system?

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Of the player we have let go in recent years, Cogger would be about the only1 I'd want back now