Reaction score
It’s not good enough by the club captain and highest paid

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Worrying sign for me was the start of the press conference. He was joking around and upbeat. Cirro was pissed and was not happy. Probably losing focus and accepting losing already. Watch his form go down the shitter like all the decent players we've signed in the last 7 years.
It's well known that in the Panthers system he was the back that on avg took the least hitups and metres gained. His best attribute is his defence and coming up with big plays in big games.

We can't expect too much more from him tbf, his only slip up so far was the missed tackle on Wighton for his second try.

He's only missed 4 tackles this season, 1 in each game. Pretty impressive defending in a bottom 4 side at centre.
He has 1 try, 1 try assist and is avg 10 runs for 105m.

Plenty of other players we should be critical of before Crichton.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's well known that in the Panthers system he was the back that on avg took the least hitups and metres gained. His best attribute is his defence and coming up with big plays in big games.

We can't expect too much more from him tbf, his only slip up so far was the missed tackle on Wighton for his second try.

He's only missed 4 tackles this season, 1 in each game. Pretty impressive defending in a bottom 4 side at centre.

Considering he only played 20 min of trials so the first month always about getting used to playing with the team
Not to mention responsibilities as captain as well

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Taffe is elusive at fullback, id leave him or have Tracey there, Crittas defence is needed in the centres besides Burton who normally missus tackles but defended the best ive seen him do ever, pity about his attack and kicking game though.

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think Tracey has a decent passing game. At least he did when he was at the Sharks playing fullback. And he played halves at Souths.. He makes a lot more metres as a fullback than Taaffe does. But Taaffe had his best game against Souths, so I doubt he gets moved anytime soon.

I'd be fine with Papalii getting the spot sooner rather than later. He's the best fullback at the club and seems ready for FG. We can't keep these kids wrapped in cotton wool forever. The same applies to O'Neill at halfback and Hayward as a bench hooker. Hopefully those three get their chance soon.
Yeah I was thinking at the back end of the season getting Papalii into the 17 somewhere but if he is doing the business in NSW Cup I'd aim to have him in by mid season. Other teams play 18 year olds successfully and Papalii looks like he will be our first youngster to crack NRL.

He would give us some spark at the back and if all goes to plan he will be our fullback for a long time so as long as he is physically ready, like you said, bring him in earlier rather than later

I don't think O'Neill is physically ready yet, but hopefully he will be in a years time

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Was not CRITTAcizing :tearsofjoy: his current form, just highlighting his curious behaviour at the start of the last press conference. His mood was totally the opposite to that of the coach? Hard to know why?

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Was not CRITTAcizing :tearsofjoy: his current form, just highlighting his curious behaviour at the start of the last press conference. His mood was totally the opposite to that of the coach? Hard to know why?
Probably because we got dudded by the refs again. It would be hard to find even 1 game of his entire Panther career where they got ripped and rorted like we have in the space of 1 month at the Bulldogs.

He is probably laughing at the state of the referees.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably because we got dudded by the refs again. It would be hard to find even 1 game of his entire Panther career where they got ripped and rorted like we have in the space of 1 month at the Bulldogs.

Yep welcome to the cellar. He'll have the smile wiped from his face in no time like we have for the last 8 years...

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Fair play, would be hard to be salty after winning 3 premierships I guess. He's just a cool cat.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We have three home games coming up. If we don't win those he is entering Tbaz territory 1 win from 9!!!

The players have to respond and he will have to make some tough calls very soon otherwise the season could go into crisis mode.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It has to be close... Flopping against that Souths team with all due respect has to be close to last chance for some of these players. He will have to throw some of the players under the bus Ricky Stuart style otherwise they will throw the coach under the bus with their inept performances.

shaun5150

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It has to be close... Flopping against that Souths team with all due respect has to be close to last chance for some of these players. He will have to throw some of the players under the bus Ricky Stuart style otherwise they will throw the coach under the bus with their inept performances.
As much as I agree. I don't think they will get rid of Cam this year. That would be 3 coaches in 6 years or close too. At this rate Pay was the best. Seriously Dean Pay.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Nah, i reckon hes a light hearted character and had abit of a clown moment because it took a while for the press conferebce to get started.

I did however predict he would be a significant downturn on his Panthers form. It was natural. We just dont create enough chances for stars to shine and he's playing in a position that doesn't give him the freedom to go it alone.

But this is something Gus and CC should have been aware of.

cuzza

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Cant be any worse than our current fullback!

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Question: Fact, or near enough fact, or just looks that way....are we the worst team for catching/passing/losing possession for near on 10 years or what?
We have to have the worst record at catching bombs off attacking kicks. Our wingers have their eyes closed during attempted catches. Its fucked.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
In attack and for yardage, Kiraz has been great, defensively, he’s made some really poor 1-on-1 misses.
Looks out of form to me. Gets plenty of ball but rarely beats his man.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Here is an idea for Ciro, get Mr Foxx out until he stops posing for photos with grubs who knocked him out cold.