News Why it’s time for Cameron Ciraldo to pull trigger on big Bulldogs’ change

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The team that won against the titans was the team. I still dont understand why change a winning side, Wilson absolutely killed it and you take him off for an injured foxx? Like you’re gifting the opposition the 2 points. Wilson would have had Wighton covered
I like Wilson, his absence wasn't the reason for losing against Souffs, winning against the Terrible Titans is not a measuring stick to go by even after winning 32-00, after that game I said changes needs to be made,
I hate to say it "the proof is in the putting".

Last edited:

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Well the opening statement is correct he wasn’t signed to play centre, he was signed to play wherever the coach needs him to play. Didn’t read past that but I could take an educated guess and say the rest is all shit.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I was there on Friday. I'm a big Critta fan, but he needs to go looking for work and turn and chase when his edge misses. That second wighton try pissed me off, watching him give up when johnston went around us

Not to mention the Burton break he initiated with that pass, then did nothing
I don’t think he’s 100% fit, looks like he’s carrying an injury to me.

Moey91

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There wont be any changes for this week outside of JAC (concussion) and Presto.
After we get get dusted up by the roosters will the changes come.
Dusted up? We beat them last year with an ever worse roster lol, be faithful

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Jacob Kiraz has been one of our better backs this year.
6 and 7 need to be better regardless if it’s crighton to 1 ,the butter finger bulldogs need to hold the ball ,I have no complaints on effort,just hold the ball and execute , if you can’t do that, find us somebody that can.
Last chance bulldogs vs easts .
Otherwise changes needed
In attack and for yardage, Kiraz has been great, defensively, he’s made some really poor 1-on-1 misses.

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So which club changes a team after 3 or 4 losses?

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Biggest issue is CC playing Mann, Morrin and Salmon in the same team. Means we have no momentum in opposition 20 Poasa and Patolo are fit now so at least one hopefully both will come in. Both run hard and have quick play the balls. That gives our halves etc more time and space to execute in attack. Next issue is probs equal between fb and halves.However no point changing that till we have our forward rotation sorted. Hopefully this week we will have Salmon at 12, Curran at 13, knight and king starting. Poasa, Hughes Kitone and Mann on the bench. Looks like a lot better balanced side.

blah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think he should be at the back only due to the fact is our halves aren’t good enough to get him quality ball. In a mediocre team you need your star players touching the ball so let him play FB for now until we sort out the rest of the team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Worrying sign for me was the start of the press conference. He was joking around and upbeat. Cirro was pissed and was not happy. Probably losing focus and accepting losing already. Watch his form go down the shitter like all the decent players we've signed in the last 7 years.
He knows the plan for us to be competitive is in 2-3 years. In the meantime he is marking time and probs can see his career is gonna be very very hard work till then. No fun in that and probably knows thats why we've missed out on all those other targetted guys.

I fear this is is the key worry with this hold the fort till the youngstrs are ready plan. It's not good enough already.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He knows the plan for us to be competitive is in 2-3 years. In the meantime he is marking time and probs can see his career is gonna be very very hard work till then. No fun in that and probably knows thats why we've missed out on all those other targetted guys.

I fear this is is the key worry with this hold the fort till the youngstrs are ready plan. It's not good enough already.
The guy has won 3 Premierships, played for NSW and his country all before turning 24. Guess he can afford to laugh and just take the cash! Tread water for 4 years and go back to Penrith and win some more comps.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
D-v I've noticed this is a big departure from your usual take. You must be concerned.

We can surely do more now towards becoming a complete team. Ciro must start the transition towards putting the best available players, in best positions, with best bench minutes to share the load.

Time to take the training wheels off? :grinning:
Let me assure you wendog, the coach being CC or anyone else will always have my support even if I disagree with some of the decisions eg,
I had hoped Taaffe would be something special at fullback, unfortunately it took 2 weeks to convince me he is not.
Hutchison seems to be a reliable captains material and a reliable player but IMO isn't a halfback.
I've always believed Burton is a wonderful Centre learning to be a five-eight, nothing has happened to change my mind,
When I spoke of egos I meant player's, I believe a selfless team player is the kind that plays in any position if it meant for betterment of the team !!!
Training wheels should've been off when they signed those massive contracts :laughing:

Last edited:

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There's no guarantee that if we move Critta to fullback that he'll kill it there and it certainly won't solve all of our problems. We need to get him more ball for sure but Kikau has gotten a lot of touches.

I doubt Taaffe gets dropped or that Ciraldo makes major changes, especially when Taaffe probably had his best game against Souths. I'd like to see Tracey at fullback soon as I think he'd offer a lot more there..
Disagree about Tracey at fullback. I think he’s a worse version of Taffe. Doesn’t have a strong passing game, doesn’t have good pace and is not a creative player.

We don’t have a 7 and 1 to really compete against the top teams. Also need to mention we have a 6 that hasn’t set the game on fire either and it’s been over a year.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Disagree about Tracey at fullback. I think he’s a worse version of Taffe. Doesn’t have a strong passing game, doesn’t have good pace and is not a creative player.

We don’t have a 7 and 1 to really compete against the top teams. Also need to mention we have a 6 that hasn’t set the game on fire either and it’s been over a year.
I think Tracey has a decent passing game. At least he did when he was at the Sharks playing fullback. And he played halves at Souths.. He makes a lot more metres as a fullback than Taaffe does. But Taaffe had his best game against Souths, so I doubt he gets moved anytime soon.

I'd be fine with Papalii getting the spot sooner rather than later. He's the best fullback at the club and seems ready for FG. We can't keep these kids wrapped in cotton wool forever. The same applies to O'Neill at halfback and Hayward as a bench hooker. Hopefully those three get their chance soon.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep we need our starpower in the spine, wasted out wide. Critta should have been 1 from round 1.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I started a thread a few weeks ago regarding how Critta is being wasted outside of Kikau and his stat's back that up. We don't need a strong attacking left centre, just someone solid that does his job, Kikau does the rest. We need to put Critta at fullback so he touches the ball more, it's plain and simple if our attack was to improve and if we are going to get full value out of Critta.
He’s doesn’t necessarily need to play fullback to have impact - He’s arguably the best defending Centre in the comp and so far this season our defence on the left edge has been solid.

why can’t he play the Joey Manu licence to roam style ?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He’s doesn’t necessarily need to play fullback to have impact - He’s arguably the best defending Centre in the comp and so far this season our defence on the left edge has been solid.

why can’t he play the Joey Manu licence to roam style ?
In our team bc we aren't Panthers, it is kinda wasteful to have Critta and Kiks on the left. Maybe he should changeover to right permanently till we get our attack together? Or roam as you suggest.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
In our team bc we aren't Panthers, it is kinda wasteful to have Critta and Kiks on the left. Maybe he should changeover to right permanently till we get our attack together? Or roam as you suggest.
He definitely needs more touches /involvement though I think our main priority to start the season has been a big focus on defence and Critta in the front line defensively is better for the team with Taffe a serviceable 1. Critta is a better outside back IMO, I’d put Tracey at 1, Sexton 7 if I was making any changes this week, but like BTrain said Taffe isn’t getting dropped on the last game he played

Also would start Curran at right second row and when Kitone comes on for his debut push Curran back to middle.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He definitely needs more touches /involvement though I think our main priority to start the season has been a big focus on defence and Critta in the front line defensively is better for the team with Taffe a serviceable 1. Critta is a better outside back IMO, I’d put Tracey at 1, Sexton 7 if I was making any changes this week, but like BTrain said Taffe isn’t getting dropped on the last game he played

Also would start Curran at right second row and when Kitone comes on for his debut push Curran back to middle.
Let's hope Ciro is a little more expansive with his selections and gameplan.