Why did Bazzle not resign J.Cogger

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Havent had a great halfback since Shifty.. havent had a good fullback since Barba.. thats half our spine..

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cogger was no world beater but he was an honest half. I would have liked him to stay as I feel he never got the same opportunity to establish himself next to Foran in the way Lewis and Wakeham did. I guess Foran"s injury toll disrupted many halves combinations at the time and as a consequence, Cogger was the first casualty.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It all comes down to recruitment. Dogs recruitment sign a young Cogger from Newcastle. Invest heavily in his development. Blood him in first grade in a bog average team. Cogger eventually leaves to continue his apprenticeship overseas. In comes Penriths recruitment team who identify Cogger is now well educated and actually ready play first grade and sign him as the perfect backup to Cleary.

Belmore Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Cogger was no world beater but he was an honest half. I would have liked him to stay as I feel he never got the same opportunity to establish himself next to Foran in the way Lewis and Wakeham did. I guess Foran"s injury toll disrupted many halves combinations at the time and as a consequence, Cogger was the first casualty.
Cogger never got a solid opportunity because of that fraud Lewis

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cogger is a solid player and he had potential for us but he would have got smahsed behind our lack of go forward the last few years. He is going alright in Penrith because he is surrounded by rep quality players and an established strong system something we didn’t and still don’t have just yet.
Yep 100%.

Let’s not forget there were 15 other nrl clubs that didn’t sign him when he was off contract for us either.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yep 100%.

Let’s not forget there were 15 other nrl clubs that didn’t sign him when he was off contract for us either.
I was about to say the same thing man. Sure Cogger could have been given more opportunities when we had him.. But no other club signed him and until the last few weeks he hadn't played in the NRL at all for 4 or 5 years.

Good on him for taking his opportunity but let's be real, the Penrith system makes most players look good these days.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was about to say the same thing man. Sure Cogger could have been given more opportunities when we had him.. But no other club signed him and until the last few weeks he hadn't played in the NRL at all for 4 or 5 years.

Good on him for taking his opportunity but let's be real, the Penrith system makes most players look good these days.
Yep even Lachie Lewis would do a job for them at halfback with those forwards

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s footy it’s like me saying why did we let go of Cook for Lichaa

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Cogger is a solid player and he had potential for us but he would have got smahsed behind our lack of go forward the last few years. He is going alright in Penrith because he is surrounded by rep quality players and an established strong system something we didn’t and still don’t have just yet.
Yes agree.
Cogger is a solid fringe first grader and good back up to Cleary. Nothing more.
IMO we have more potential in KO/KR now and should persist with them unless Gus signs Hunt/Trindall/Brooks/Townsend(?)

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Cogger looked way better for us than he did last night. Was very average seems to have losses his pace.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not being petty, BUT

On 14 July 2020, following Canterbury's Round 9 loss to the Brisbane Broncos, Georgallis was named as the club's interim head coach for the remainder of the 2020 NRL season, following Dean Pay's resignation

On 22 September, Cogger was informed by Canterbury that his services would not be required in 2021 and that he would be released at the end of the 2020 NRL season as the club looked to rebuild after a horror year on and off the field

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cogger is a back up at best. He won’t get you to the finals. These stupid posts have to stop.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol any top of the ladder team can seamlessly slot in a player for one or two games and it wouldnt cost much disruption. Winning is a habit. We saw it countless times with the Storm where Ryley Jacks filled in for Cronk, Munster.

Cogger is just another cog in the wheel. Judge him after a couple of weeks.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
He is bog average, Salmon outplayed him yesterday